New Visitor
KerDeer

What happened to my channels?

I really think that Comcast should be ashamed of themselves! Slowly but surely taking all the channels from the basic cable pakage in order to get a customer to go digital is rediculous. With the economy still revocering, some can just not afford to pay the outrageous monthly prices that Comcast charges for all of it's services. I was already thinking of going elsewhere, but coming home from work the other day to find half of my channels no longer available made upp my mind to find another service provider.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: What happened to my channels?

Everything is going digital.  Analog cell phone are no longer, everyone had to replace their handsets with digital ones.  Over the Air went digital, everyone's vcr broke, and everyone had to get a digital adapter to hook to the antenna to their analog TV.

Comcast needs to do this to make room for more HD channels that everyone is demanding.  Othewise they go to another provider that has the HD channels they want.  The remaining number of analog only subscribers is very low, compared to digital subscribers wanting more HD.  All providers are digital and every set no matter the provider needs a box on every TV.  The only remaining analog in most systems is the basic B1 tier, which is a very small number of subscribers.

No one is losing anything, if you were a analog extended basic subscriber adding the new digital equipment keeps your channels and your existing pricing if you have 3 or less TV's.

If you think you are losing something in error, then it can be addressed to the Comcast Corp administrator available on this forum, and they will make it right.

Regular Contributor

Comcast needs to stop saying the same old line about more room for channels and hd.  Comcast of Eatontown N.J. has added NOTHING to their hd line-up here since 2009 maybe?  I dont care a bit, as most people, about any on demand hd bs.  The main channel line-up is what most people care about and comcast has been saying for at LEAST 2 years now about more hd channels!  WHERE ARE THEY???????????????

And is comcast EVER, OH EVER EVER EVER going to SMARTEN UP and get like Cablevision and PUT THE CHANNELS ON A SENSIBLE MATCHING NUMBER FOR ONCE AND ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!  Channel 2 is on 233 NOT logically say 232, channel 4 is on 232, and so on.  IS ANYONE THERE AWAKE OR HAVE BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!  Give me this job, I need one and have more brains than half the so-called magaement there!  And dont get me started as to whjy  Cablevision has one channel for hd, and comcst WASTES space with things like 3 HISTORY CHANNELS, then says they needs space is why they are pulling analogs off to scre...I mean improve the system.  If cable companies c ared about the customer, ALL REGULAR CHANNELS SHOULD BE OFFERED IN ONE PACKAGE TO ALL CABLE CUSTOMERS  AND THE ONLY ADDED PACKAGES SHOULD BE MOVIES, SPORTS OR PPV!!!!  NOT THIS PREFERRED, ECONOMY, AND ALL OTHER BS RIPOFF CHANNEL LEVELS!!! 

Regular Contributor

""""Comcast needs to do this to make room for more HD channels that everyone is demanding.  Othewise they go to another provider that has the HD channels they want.  The remaining number of analog only subscribers is very low, compared to digital subscribers wanting more HD.  All providers are digital and every set no matter the provider needs a box on every TV.  The only remaining analog in most systems is the basic B1 tier, which is a very small number of subscribers.""""

THIS is the BS I am talking about!  SO WHERE ARE ALLLLLLLL THESE "SUPPOSED" CHANNELS?

And the remaining number of analog users IS NOT AS LOW AS YOU MAKE IT SOUND!  If comcast did not screw over people by taking channels off analog, then using the old saying to make room for hd and more channels, MOST WOULD NOT BE SUBSCRIBED TO DIGITAL!  Digital should be asutomatically what all people get!  Yes, the make more room argument is true, it does, BUT................comcast has more than enough room to offer ALL CHANNELS AND USES THIS ONLY AS AN EXCUSE FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT KNOW ANY BETTER TO SEE THROUGH THEIR LIES!

AND EVERY SET DOES NOT NEED A SET TOP BOX!!!  ANOTHER BLATANT LIE BY COMCAST!  If you have a newer tv in the last 5-7 years or so, here is what you most likely have already:

""""The FCC has issued the following mandates for devices entering the US: [1] [2] [3]

• By July 1, 2005 all televisions with screen sizes over 36 inches (91 cm) must include a built-in ATSC DTV tuner
  • By March 1, 2006 all televisions with screen sizes over 25 inches (64 cm) must include a built-in ATSC DTV tuner
  • By March 1, 2007 all televisions regardless of screen size, and all interface devices which include a tuner (VCR, DVD player/recorder, DVR) must include a built-in ATSC DTV tuner.

It should be noted that devices manufactured before these dates can still be sold without a built-in ATSC DTV tuner; the lack of digital tuners legally must be disclosed to consumers and most name-brand retailers have incurred onerous FCC penalties for non-compliance with these requirements.""""

ALL YOU NEED THEN IS AN ANTENNA, NOT A BOX IF YOU DO NOT WANT IT.  You will be screwed out of channels though as comcast squeezes you, and very soon they will have nothing but govt. madated channels coming in over coaxial direct connection IF YOU STAY WITH THEM INSTEAD OF USING AN ANTENNA TO GET LOCAL FREE TV.

JUST DO AS I AM GOPING TO DO SOON  CUT THE CORD AND GET AN ANTENNA!  And if you can connect your computer to the tv, or get a tv with internet access, get that and you can watch whatever you usually like to without the ripoff pricing and junk that is on most of what they have on!

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Your area should see more channels in early Summer. In terms of the channel line-up, we are looking at different options in how to make it more intuitive, and trialing some options with customers to get feedback

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
New Visitor
smartcookee

This is so disturbing.

I just noticed that channel 50 and 51 have disappeared from the menu.

One of them was the Trinity Broadcast Network TBN.

What Happened?

Thanks comcast for letting me know that you decided to eliminate a couple of

the channels that I enjoy.

Isn't it interesting that you ask me to sign 2 year contract and then arbitrarily

subtract some of your service?

New Visitor
new_

i guess we are now into digital transition, where channels need to be accessed using a digital adapter. actually, i just called Comcast and got mine with no monthly charge. give them a ring and discuss with them your options. its worth trying. according to one of their reps, their channels are subject to be changed without prior notice. a disclaimer.