New Visitor

Where is the Data Usage Meter?

Where is the Data Usage Meter in the new web layout. Going to the normal link just takes you to the Manage page which isn't right. I need to see my data usage because I downloaded my entire Google Music Library.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Where is the Data Usage Meter?

If you sign in to My Account you are re-directed to Customer Central.  The Usage meter is found at the top on Users &Settings tab.  HOWEVER, the meter has been suspended for a while now in most areas.  You should see that there.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

How am I suppossed to make sure I don't go over my usage then? That kinda stinks...

Email Expert
CCCarole

You don't have to worry until Comcast implements it again.  

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Visitor

It isn't so much a matter of "worrying."  I am curious and like to know, especially since it lets me know how much online video stuff my kids are watching and whether their internet usage was increasing, without having to install burdensome "parental controls".  This was a feature that many customers liked.  Why remove it?  Hopefully the data usage meter will be reinstated soon.

New Visitor
privatepaul

In my market, they HAVE resumed enforcement of the usage limit.  Last night I received a "courtesy" message stating that I had reached 90% of my allowed volume.  Their message included the words "more information on your data usage plan and to view details of your current data usage, please visit http://xfinity.com/mydatausage."  When I follow the link, it does not offer the usage meter but does have the other management options that I'm used to seeing.  The meter was not available to me yesterday morning, worked late in the afternoon, but disappeared again last night.  I'm with the original poster here, kinda hard to manage usage if the tool to track it is so unreliable.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

I have to agree with the other posters... 

Even tho the usage meter is not being utilized by comcast for metering purposes, I have been using it for informational purposes ever since it was made available to us.

Privatepaul, where is your market??  I'm in Massachusetts.. 

It would be "nice" if comcast would put some information out for those of us who are not "fortunate" in having the meter enforcement being resumed in our areas.

Oh well, I guess it's that old "right hand" - "left hand" routine.. 

Does anyone have any information on which market areas are back to metering?

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor
atljay7

comcast has also resumed the data cap at 250 in the atlanta area according to the representative i spoke with only those in the nashville area have a cap of 300gb. and yea no idea where my meter went to neither.it was there last friday when i checked an tried to check last night missing and still is. if your going to cap your costumers data at least give us a working meter.

New Visitor
privatepaul

I am in the Nashville area.  Recent communications from the company state that 300GB is our new limit, first 3 times we go over are waived, after that $10 per block of 50GB over the limit.

Regular Contributor
atljay7

yep so pretty much everyone else except for those in nashville and tucson are under the 250 gb cap and should wonder where their data meter has gone to

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Ok...  statements retracted....   meter back....   I didn't realize that today was Oct 1..  and meter was probably being reset..

:smileyblush:

ciao, bj

New Visitor
Harrod2012

Florida here and the meter still isn't back. Like many of you before me have mentioned I liked it for informational purposes. We're usually under the 250 G cap here as well but as far as I know it's still suspended.

Wish they'd reinstate the meter though.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Mine was gone for two days but it is back today.  Keep checking.

Contributor
teptae

Mine is nowhere to be found.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

teptae, they moved it.

Sign in to My Account.

On the account page click the blue Manage Equipment block.

When the page opens look on the right side of the page under Equipment.

There will be a very thin line under Data Usage which is now the usage meter.

It was there for me a few minutes ago. It has now disappeared.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

After signing into my usage meter, I went to the OVERVIEW page..

Those moving BLUE boxes brought to mind the sound notes from "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".

Could the team get together and insert some sound??   :smileydevil: 

It might make these changes more palatable..  :smileycool: :smileywink:

New Visitor

On 10-12-2012 03:17 PM - edited 10-12-2012 03:24 PM,

Queen-Evie - Service Expert wrote:

>teptae, they moved it.

>Sign in to My Account.

>On the account page click the blue Manage Equipment block.

>When the page opens look on the right side of the page under >Equipment.

>There will be a very thin line under Data Usage which is now the >usage meter.

Worked like a charm! Thanks so much Queen Evie. Even if they're not enforcing the limit, I like to keep an eye on my usage. I normally use close to the cap when they're enforcing jt.

012642 - on "the net" since 1983

Bronze Star Contributor

Queen-Evie wrote:

teptae, they moved it.

Sign in to My Account.

On the account page click the blue Manage Equipment block.

When the page opens look on the right side of the page under Equipment.

There will be a very thin line under Data Usage which is now the usage meter.

It was there for me a few minutes ago. It has now disappeared.

Interesting.  I am not seeing the blue Manage Equipment block.  I see six other blocks, just not that one.  Appears to be no way for me to check our data usage.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Michael,

Click on the Manage Users & Alerts...  That should take you to the page that has the meter info..  Click on Details if you want to see current and past 3 months usage..

Hope this helps, 

ciao, bj

P.S. Bookmark the page for future use...   :smileywink:   I've been using a book mark for the meter since May 2007 when the announcement of the meter was made..  Here's a reference link..

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Connectivity-and-Modem-Help/Data-Usage-Meter-Launched/m-p/742359#M11652...

Bronze Star Contributor

BlueJay wrote:

Michael,

Click on the Manage Users & Alerts...  That should take you to the page that has the meter info..  Click on Details if you want to see current and past 3 months usage..

Hope this helps, 

ciao, bj

P.S. Bookmark the page for future use...   :smileywink:   I've been using a book mark for the meter since May 2007 when the announcement of the meter was made..  Here's a reference link..

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Connectivity-and-Modem-Help/Data-Usage-Meter-Launched/m-p/742359#M11652...

Not there.  I have been monitoring the data usage meter for several months, so this is where I would have expected it to be.  It just gone, and it has been gone for a couple of weeks.

New Visitor
lak1111

New Visitor
Harrod2012

Still not showing for me in either location

New Visitor
lak1111

New Visitor
hammerone

Thats when they can cancel my internet. I have had this for years. When I got it there was no cap. My rates have done nothing but go up and up. It doesn't cost them any more if I use 10 gig or 1000. 

Contributor
Steve1951X

Usage meter gone for me in Houston texas by Apirl 2013 ...unable to find...  Is it still some place?

Contributor
Steve1951X

https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/data-usage-will-you-continue-to-offer-data-us...   does not work for me to open a meter usage meter any more  ...   I could use 1000 GB a month but I use low quality computer video to keep below 300 GB... I can not pay more but now i can not find out about the usage i do have so i can adjust up my usage

Email Expert
CCCarole

Steve1951X wrote:

https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/data-usage-will-you-continue-to-offer-data-us...   does not work for me to open a meter usage meter any more  ...   I could use 1000 GB a month but I use low quality computer video to keep below 300 GB... I can not pay more but now i can not find out about the usage i do have so i can adjust up my usage

Sign in with your Primary Username and password

Click on Account at the top of the page

You will be directed to Customer Central... Once there

Cllick on MY Services tab

On the right side you will see your services. 

Look under Data Usage

Does it show as suspended in your area?

You can click on View Details there and should see something like this below:

In MY area, the data daeter is currently suspended.

My Current Data Usage

Your usage is measured starting the 1st of every month and is displayed graphically in the horizontal bar and to the right in the column labeled “Used.” Also for your convenience, the history of your last 3 months usage is displayed in the bar chart below labeled “Usage History.” For more information and frequently asked questions, please click here.
Note:enforcement of the 250GB data consumption threshold is currently suspended

May 2013 Data Usage Used

2GB
As of 5/15/2013*

CC

Contributor
Steve1951X

I tried again but it still is not there where it was there in March  2013    I do not know what it means but I do do not want to have problems with Comcast so I will use low quality computer video to keep below 300 GB.a month untill I here they raise it to a higher level..

Visitor
scottyo3921

Finally found the usage meter after 20-30 minutes online and (only, thank goodness) 5-6 minutes waiting on the support phone line.

I had been to that page a few times during my search, but never noticed the meter. That's even the page I guessed and hoped it would be on, but...

IT'S TOO SMALL!

It looked like a divider to my casual glance (e.g. like the one just above the next topic in that sidebar: "Remote Controls"), especially near the start of the billing cycle when the orange "used" area is small.

Please beef it up to at least 3-4 times its current pixel width (height). More like the one in the Details page or even thicker.

BTW kudos to Comcast (first time in many years I've said that; I never expected to): TV and internet service are virtually uninterrupted; I am seeing almost 100 Mbps from fast servers on my Blast service and DOCSIS 3.0 modem; and phone support has been uniformly excellent lately. Keep doing what you're doing and I'll keep sending $$.

300GB (350??) is a level I can manage to. Just having an explicit limit is very helpful.

New Visitor
cactis

This service is getting wrost than before since this guys do not have competition... they do werever they want ...I am looking for competition in the broadband bussiness for residential ... I just do not believe that people want to see how much spend in data and they can no even have that... is very sad but I believe we going backwards toward dark ages and greed......     I remember they had that thing before......

Visitor
scottyo3921

I would have agreed with you a few years ago, but recent evidence (upgrade of Blast from 25 to 50, and soon after to 100Mbps. I've witnessed 90Mbps for stretches of 30 sec and more; lifting of usage caps; some free service (HBO, upgrade for 6 mo to Digital Starter TV, free sampler of Blast for 3 mo) to make up for some bad info at the billing website and zero info pre-install on the service at the new house; uninterrupted TV and to-spec data service for the 10 mo we've been in the house) has begun to convince me that, at least in Bellingham, WA, they are mending their ways. The lines for service at the local Comcast center are sometimes fairly long, but they usually have all 4 desks staffed. Getting faulty equipment replaced is no hassle except for the drive up and the wait in line.

Of course, things may be quite different where you are. It was that way for us in Colorado in the 90s and early 2000s, and it sucked.

[Oh, and their current model HD-DVR also sucks, numerous bugs in the firmware; I remain hopeful they'll fix that someday; I have reported it to them.]

New Visitor

As of June 22, 2013 it is not available online. You must call Tech Suppt at   . They can only give you three months history. If you need more than that you are stuck

Visitor
scottyo3921

Anon1067975 wrote:

As of June 22, 2013 it is not available online. You must call Tech Suppt at   . They can only give you three months history. If you need more than that you are stuck

You're right! It's disappeared between when I finally found it a couple of weeks ago and now.

I guess they're serious about lifting or "not enforcing" usage caps, since there's no way for me to know how much data I'm shipping through them.

Or... who knows?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Anon1067975 wrote:

Can you please share where you got this information please?  Thanks!

CC

Contributor
Steve1951X

:smileyhappy:  My Data Usage Meter has suddenly returned  11/08/2013  :smileyhappy:

Contributor

Mine is not there, at least not at the link given to me in an email from Comcast.

www.xfinity.com/usagemeter

This just takes me to a general management page with no mention of a usage meter. How did you find yours?

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Did you enter your password and sign in?  

Contributor
Steve1951X

Well I did have Data Usage Meter again but ..Now I can not log on to my Comcast and speed is down to less than 1/5 normal speed .. Normal speed 25 MBS   I do not understand how I was able to log it to this fform site..

Contributor
Steve1951X

I was able to get loged on using XP but not windows 7:smileyblush:

Using this link to get to data usage meter then click on meter usage details

https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/data-usage-will-you-continue-to-offer-data-us...

Contributor

Yes.
Contributor

Obviously this doesn"t work on iPad. It does not allow me to reply to specific messages, and yes I am logged in.
Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Sorry about that, Catbird500,  my stupid assumption is that these questions referred to PC and laptop usage.   And that's where my knowledge stops.   My access is totally on a PC, using Windows 7, IE 9.      I haven't even attempted to access on my Galaxy Note.

ciao, bj

Contributor

Sorry for any confusion. I can't access data usage from anywhere, PC, Mac computer, anywhere. I meant that this particular forum did not seem to be displaying correctly on the iPad. I can get the estimated usage questionnaire, but not the meter. It just doesn't seem to be there.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Catbird, just for the heck of it, I attempted to get to the meter from my samaung galaxy note 10.1.  Let me tell you, I had so many bloody screens open, I lost my way a number of times but finally found  a screen headed Internet, and the last item in the last column had Check Usage.

Whew, that was a mouthful.  Hate this hunt 'n peck typing.  Excuse typos.

Ciao, bj

New Visitor
j2inet

I just got off the phone with customer support. I was told that not all markets/customers have access to the meter. That seems to explain some of the varied experiences reported above. To get access to the meter a support ticket had to be submitted. Hopefully I will have access to it by my next billing cycle.
Bronze Problem Solver
Jim721

What that rep told you is hogwash.
Bronze Star Contributor
Help_Meplease

Seattle market, current month (December), must call in. Last show 15g, now gone. Previous 3 months still show, 79gb for November. Current usage per rep around 20 gb (more now, downloaded at least 3 g since then). PS, switching to moca network and TiVo mini dropped usage considerably. However, you must be kinda geeky to set up your own equipment, (and yes, 54 yo disabled female can still be geeky).
New Visitor
kfidler

I was having a hard time finding it, but this was exactly where it was for me! Thank you!