New Visitor
goldngirl

Where's the complaint department?

Last night - 12/6/10 - my internet service was down.

I did all the usual things, restarted my motum etc.

I live in the 46806 area.

Tried to find the comcast phone number....the numbers listed in my phone book didn't work.

I paid to call directory assistance,,,these are the numbers it gave me.

877-237-0576 & 800-266-2278 neither of those worked either.

Today I had an interruption in my tv service and there was a message to call 888-634-4434...

Yea!!! it worked.

Hey Comcast....whats this about customer service 24/7???

Not to mention a phone number you can call that works!

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Where's the complaint department?

While I know that billing statements  do differ in different areas of the country-- Doesn't yours show the Comcast phone number?

The main number is 1-800 comcast

There was a major Outage in the Midwest last night- The phone lines were jammed with calls. 

This below was posted last night and is still showing at the top of the Forum pages now.

We are aware of possible DNS issues. Affected areas are Chicago, Michigan, Indianapolis and the Twin Cities. We are working to have these problems corrected as soon as possible and apologize for the inconvenience. 11:54pm EST

Update: As of 1:00am EST, our engineering teams are reporting that these issues have been resolved

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
blyons71

I agree. How can you boast customer service and yet do not have an accessible complaints department. Tonight I was on the live chat with what had to be some sort of bot. I say this because they couldn't read and all they could is run through a call script. They were troubleshooting my connection and without saying anything to me disconnecting me from the Internet. So what happens next. Connection comes back up, but chat has failed because of the disconnection...gotta start all over again. Next chat agent comes up and I explain who I was working with and what happened. The call script kicks in again and they want to put me through the same call script. I go through it and disconnect again...5 times they did this. What sort of morons are operating live chat that can't understand that they are disconnecting your chat session when they drop your connection? I have Charter in Tennessee and this never happens. California I have Comcast and every time I get on the live chat they put me through this endless cycle until I call and complain. The worst part is I explain this when I call and it is obvious it is never escalated as an issue so Comcast can correct or improve.

Contributor
SJ08043

Here's a shot in the dark for DNS problems. Funny how often there MAY be DNS problems.

Several years ago there were major extended cc DNS problems.I used Verizon DNS at the time. Problems subsided, so I went back to auto DNS through my router.

However, you can use your other DNS. I just happened to do this last night, as the speeds I saw were incredibly low. I changed to Google DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I didn't see noticeablerelief, so perhaps there were major DNS problems, or perhaps it was something else exclusive to cc network. In any event, take a peek inside your cable modem and router.

Email Expert
CCCarole

blyons71 wrote:

I agree. How can you boast customer service and yet do not have an accessible complaints department. Tonight I was on the live chat with what had to be some sort of bot. I say this because they couldn't read and all they could is run through a call script. They were troubleshooting my connection and without saying anything to me disconnecting me from the Internet. So what happens next. Connection comes back up, but chat has failed because of the disconnection...gotta start all over again. Next chat agent comes up and I explain who I was working with and what happened. The call script kicks in again and they want to put me through the same call script. I go through it and disconnect again...5 times they did this. What sort of morons are operating live chat that can't understand that they are disconnecting your chat session when they drop your connection? I have Charter in Tennessee and this never happens. California I have Comcast and every time I get on the live chat they put me through this endless cycle until I call and complain. The worst part is I explain this when I call and it is obvious it is never escalated as an issue so Comcast can correct or improve.

You might want to consider posting the problems with your connection in the Connectivity & Modem  Forum.  Clickable linkTthe Connection Experts that monitor the forums may be able to help you.  Also;  Read the two 'sticky threads' at the top of the Forum page for information the Experts need in order to assist you.  Might be worth giving them a try.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Frequent Visitor
yatyas1

I just agreed To have to have service hooked up at my home last week and you said you would hook it up on the 26 of dec and now you tell me you hook it up until 29 dec. I my change my mine since you did and get someone faster then you promise. After all 26 Dec is a work day and I cant understand why you will not be here until29 dec. I guess you think you got me so you do me wrong right ! Like I said you hear from me before the 29 and I drop you all together!!!!!

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

yatyas1 wrote:

I just agreed To have to have service hooked up at my home last week and you said you would hook it up on the 26 of dec and now you tell me you hook it up until 29 dec. I my change my mine since you did and get someone faster then you promise. After all 26 Dec is a work day and I cant understand why you will not be here until29 dec. I guess you think you got me so you do me wrong right ! Like I said you hear from me before the 29 and I drop you all together!!!!!

Although it isn't obvious, this forum is generally a customer to customer forum and is not actively monitored by Comcast. Although Comcast employees (their usernames are in red) are often here to help, they may not see your specific post. To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

New Visitor
Johel

[ Edited ]

Thanks for posting the Comcast corporate customer service E-mail address. After six weeks of haggling with some very dense people about a billing dispute, I sent an E-mail to this address , carefully describing my problem with the bill and my frustration with the billing department. The next day, I received a call from the local Comcast office .I received an apology, and the disputed bill was resolved in my favor. This is proof positive that if you try hard enough, you will eventually find a competent person at Comcast.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

New Visitor
roberts559

I would like a phone number where I can speak to a real person about the service I (didn't) receive today and other matters. A number to place a complaint that will actually be looked into.

Email Expert
CCCarole

You can either call 1-800 comcast, or you can send an email to the We Can Help Comcast Team.

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

.Please include all of the following in your email:

Service address

The full name on your account

Home phone number & an alternate number where you can be reached if possible

You Comcast Account number

A link to this Thread

A detailed description of the problem

New Visitor
ShellyHaynes

Comcast has terrible service!!! My tech was to come out Sunday between 1-3 he showed up at at 3;40 and they guarantee to be on time what a joke. Then the tech leaves and my main box does not not receive half the channels it should and some constantly break up and some come in clear immediately call them within seconds of the tech leaving my house.They tell me I can not get anyone back till the next day. They then send someone at 5 in the afternoon that Monday who has to leave and go back to his office to get a new box because he did not have the necessary equipment to do the job. He returns puts the new box in and leaves. I still do not have all my channels. So I call again 4x I asked to speak with a supervisor yet was never allowed instead each time someone tried to sale me something new, The 4 call then fixed the channel problem said it was a mix up with the codes. I hang up with the tech and the box starts turning off and on constantly so I again called back to be told to bring my equipment to the office because they can not get anyone here till Thursday at 5 p.m.  A total of 3 hours on the phone with them and 7 calls and my cable still does not work properly.

New Visitor
masonjosh

So much for "customer Guarantee" so after spending much time online, and on the phone, your company refuses to honor what they promised. (everytime I called or chatted, my account info was verified) When I called I was told that the internet deal was online only, and I had to go online to complete, which I did. The only problem was that they where unable to remove the installation fee, and that I needed to call to have it removed. when I called, I spoke with a very rude Micheal, who told me that he could not remove the fee, and that I was not eligible for that offer. He continued to be very rude the entire call, refusing to let me finish speaking, and refusing to honor what i was told was a done deal. I asked to speak with a manager (which i was told that Micheal was). Zach (supposedly a manager also) called me back (he tolk a SLIGHTLY better tone), but still refused to honor what the online chat told me was a done deal. Zach kept saying that 'The terms and conditions are the final word'. But would not admit that your costumer guarantee is BS. If a representative for comcast says something whether it be online or over the phone, I expect that the company would honor the deal that was promised, to me this is costumer guarantee. This issue has caused me to cancel ALL Comcast service completely. 

New Visitor
tonyasteinberg7

It seems that comcast has clearly lost their ability to work with their customers, or more likely they just don't care. Started a new job, was supposed to get paid Tuesday, today. Because of a holiday, my direct deposit will be delayed for 2 days. I made payment arrangements to pay off my balance today. I called to try and push it back to thursday when I get paid (2 days from now). They reply was no. Flay out, no. I have always paid my bills and this is maybe the second time in 2 years I have had to do this. They simply want to charge me 20.00 more. This is a CLEAR indication of how Comcast feels about their customers. Searching for a new provider now...

New Visitor
antlaz629

New Visitor
antlaz629

I was on a 2 and a half week battle trying to figure out why my first bill was over $300. They sent a service tech that showed up 5 hours late sit here for 20 minutes and could only speak creole. Handed me a paper and pointed at a line for me to sign and then walked out. So apparently that was worth an extra $200+ on my bill to these people. I sat on the phone for 40 minutes today to finally get a supervisor on the phone only to have him tell me there was nothing he could do that I signed something saying that the tech did a bunch of installs including service to my wall to get cable coming in which the issue was with the box there's a small cable that was incorrectly connected. I had no issue paying for the service that the guy did but they were charging me multiple install fees and nothing was explained. Apparently there is no way to voice any opinion or concerns against this monopoly that is Comcast. I cancelled my service and jumped to direct TV for a fraction of the price this very day. They will be out to install tomorrow for free. I wish there was more I could do to voice my issue other then complain on a forum.
Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg
New Visitor
CofromHELL

On January 21st A technician came out to connect service and left without checking to see that all services were connected.  I noticed after he left that HBO wasn't on so I gave it a couple of hours incase it took time to get.  When it didn't come on I called customer service to let them know.  The woman on the phone told me that was not I was not suppose to get it that offer expired in December and that I was under a contract.  I let her know that the paper stated $99.00 for HBO for 3 months, HD tv for 6 months free with no contract but since I couldn't find the paper at the time she wouldn't fix the problem and would have someone call me.  That NEVER happened so the next day I call up after finding paper and lady tells me no problem and turns it on.  Well now the HD service turns off so yet again here I am having to call them.  Tell her the problem and she states she can fix it but will need to shut down and turn on and give it a little time to turn on.  Hang up and you guessed it it doesn't turn on so here I go again.  Explain about HBO & HD service.  She tells me there is a $10.00 month charge now for HBO.  I tell her no and she says she fixed it and turned on HD.  I now get several different order confirmations $300.31, 311.04, 156.02, 139.41 and finally $157.04.  Yes, thats right five different confirmations that were ALL wrong.  So I start calling to get fixed I get passed around three times and I assured that it has been fixed.  I call back because I keep getting these different confirmations throughout the day.  Finally at 5 p.m. on the 22nd I get a person willing to fix and she has no idea what was done and why.  I was charged for 15 days of service even though this is only my second day and shows  past due.  After an 1 1/2 on the phone I tell her I'm  done and to cancel service and pick upi equipment.  She preceeds to tell me they can't pick up until February 8th from 8am to 8pm because they can't give me a set pickup time.  I wait all day and NO ONE shows up.  I call yet again!!! To be told that the ticket has been closed and done.  I tell her no it's not because I still have the equipment.  She apologizes because the ticket shouldn't have been closed and they should have been picked up equipment.  That department was closed and I was told to please call tomorrow.  I call the next day and get a terrible customer service woman who lies to me then proceeds to tell me that they were never suppose to pick up that was only for disconnect.  After getting no where with her she gives me a number to call to schedule a pickup. Here we go again!!!  I call that number and get yet another rude customer service rep.  Set up for another pickup on Tuesday the 5th for 8-10am.  Do you think they showed up?  No! they didn't!  I get a bill today for $816.06 (640.00 for equipment and rest for cable etc.) for a weeks worth of service.  Called number again and requested to speak to a supervisor and she tells me they are a third party and can not help me. They have no record of pickup request and it was done through Comcast . SURPRISE!!  I call billing to let them know I WILL NOT pay that bill and that if they had come at all to pickup there stuff the charge won't need to be there.  At 6:30 I get a call from a recovery equipment agent (no joke)  and told that the equipment needed to be returned.  I told her that had they bothered to show up for either appointment they would have their stuff.  Guess what we have yet another appoinment for Monday.  I won't hold my breath that they will show up.  Completely disgusted with the terrible service I have received and I will NEVER reccomend Comcast EVER!!!!!!!!

New Visitor
yachtworld

Why do we have to watch collage football and basketball when a high profit national program is put on at the most ridiculous hours like NHRA this is just crazy stupid.

New Visitor
cristineroberts

I have been dealing with a problem with comcast since Feb.2013.I have calmly trying to reslove billing issues been told one thing charged another.My bill for the triple play which they advertise for new customers for $99.00 was almost $200.00 for me They told me they were gonna discount it to around 150.00 but never did!!When you call to talk to someone plan on wait times up to 2 hours and then don't be surpised if they don't cut you off when you finally have them click you over.I have had comcast for 8 years and never had a problem till lately!!!I do not recommend comcast for anyone until they try to call customer service!!!LOL I contacted corp.office told them the problem and asked them why they don't hire more people for customer service as the wait times were unreasonable!!!The response was that is a company decision and not for me to suggest!!!So much for customer service!!!!I am completely disgusted and tired of being lied to!!!I would not recommed comcast ever!!!!

New Visitor
ducks555

Try logging a complaint with the billing department. Their phone number is 1(855)727-4561. It may NOT be toll-free, however. Anyone you can actually speak to at 1(888) COMCAST should be able to take all your information and the complaint and forward it if the problem needs to be resolved. The 1(888)634-4434 number can also get any representative on the line. They do not have a phone number dedicated for complaints so anyone you feel competent enough to help should be able to do it.    

New Visitor
Tashav32

Twice in 1 week, 2 different agents lied to me about the cable package I would receive!!!

The first agent promised me 2 dvrs, HD channels free HBO at $79, told me package was for 2 yrs.  When TECHNICIAN showed up to install, he said his order didn't show any such package.  After arguing back and forth with them for 1 week, I was then offered another package similar to above, but offered HBO for 1 year.  I wrote down every detail I was told during both conversations, and would you know it they lied to me again!!!!!! NOT A COINCIDENCE !!!!!  Today they told me I would only get HBO for 6 months!!!!  I finally got fed up with all the lies and disconnected all services with them!!!!  I am still waiting on manager to call me since Monday as I was promised.......still no call back 1 week later.  I demanded they listen to phone call recorded to hear all the lies that I was told.  Still no call back.  Every agent gives you different answers.  TIRED OF CABLE , ALL LIERS!!!!!!! CONSIDER ROKU.COM---- ANOTHERTV OPTION!!!!, STOP PAYING MONTHLY CABLE BILLS.

New Visitor

customer service nightmare

Our,services have been out since thursday we.have been with comcast over 21 years.our problem still exists.given the run around...they set appointments and dont tell you.and do not call...i have all my services with them..but i am a valued customer...1017 rutgers memphos tn......well i guess my entire family will be cancelong as well as neighbors..
New Visitor

Really!! Comcast makes record profits at the expense of poor service.

Where is the 24/7 Support?

They closed most of the service centers - so now I have to drive 20 miles for service !!

I exchanged a DVD for a new model with an HDMI port. They gave me a 6 year old dvd. What is up with that?

I call the service center - interesting that 2 of the service centers have the same #. When I called the number has been changed to a new #. Call that and you just get Comcast main #. What a loop!

Regular Visitor

Tashav32,  I can totally relate !!  I am so unhappy with Comcast. I inadvertently got the bundle, an agent, big accent, talked me into a deal to bring down my monthly charge. She never once said "bundle"  which I did not want !  I do not want their phone... it' s worthless if your out of power for more then 10 hrs....I called, talked to many agents,  got one guy who was very sarcastic, I hung up on him.  3 agents later, I supposedly was off "The Bundle"    NOT !  was given another package, greatly reduced monthly charge. Again, DUPED, it was 2 year service agreement...I get an email, they are sending out my "Welcome Kit"   for what ?  the phone modem, plus another email came on it's tail showing charges that will be on my next bill for service & equipment,   over $600,00  ..  and now today, I got an email that my "equipment was shipped"   I am at my wits end,  they are driving me over the edge, and I am thinking seriously of taking this to the local new station to let them know what Comcast has done to me and many many other customers.  I have literally shed tears over this I am so frustrated, with no way to turn...I went on chat, and this agent understood my dilemma,, and was going to take care of everything for me.  I saved the transcript... this was before the last notice of my equipment being shipped out...  I am going to the top on this one, if I can possibly find a manager to talk to, not some un-informed lazy lieing agents !!  I am done with Comcast !!!!!

New Visitor
soopial

i too have been trying to get some resolution for what has turned out to be one of the worst customer service experiences i have ever dealt with.

Here's a copy of the letter i wrote to them today and while i was initially pleased that someone from the "corporate" office called to discuss, it seems i was merely "handled" by the local office couched under the "corporate" heading but with the SAME ineffective means to resolve or compensate for errors, mishandling, incompetent technician visits, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To whom it may concern:

My name is Marcy Rxxxx and while I have been a Comcast customer for cable service for many years now, I recently decided to ADD both phone and internet to my home service.

My service address, phone and account # are as follows:

• deleted for this post

That is when the nightmare of Comcast customer service began for me!  The initial installation for internet and phone required the phone tech to call in another associate to handle the internet installation.  Both men were at my home for almost 4 hours and both left without the phone service operational (blaming AT&T for not releasing the line) but that did not make sense to me as I was able to make outgoing calls but could not receive incoming calls for what turned out to be more than TWO weeks.  During this period of non-service, I made at least a dozen calls to Comcast and had the following happen not once, not twice, but repeatedly:

• Calls put on hold for better than 20 minutes only to find myself transferred to another customer service agent who had no knowledge that I had been placed on hold and subsequently transferred; having to start all over again explaining the non-service issue.

• Appointments supposedly made on my behalf but no service person showed up (this happened twice!)

• Appointments that were never confirmed with me nor notified via advance telephone call as promised

• Calls transferred to “supervisors” who again placed me on hold till I was forced to hang up (how long should one have to wait for them to return on the line or is this a standard tactic to avoid complaints?)

• Suggestions from Comcast’s own CS Rep that I get transferred to have my service disconnected.

• Promises of call backs that NEVER happened.

• Calls to Comcast about my cable service, having channels REMOVED from my many years of Comcast packaging; NO one ever explained that moving to a different bundle would result in such changes!!  How can that be representative of real customer service??  How can ANY of this be customer service driven??

Pls understand that after losing two days of work  for “missed” appointments and having the tech person having to re-visit for internet connectivity issues just a couple days after initial installation (my husband took off from work for this one as I was running out of personal days!), I had to pay out of my own pocket, to have my company’s IT consultant RE-VISIT my home to re-do all the network connections because the first time they did it became null and void due to the faulty internet gateway equipment initially installed. (they swapped it out on the 2nd visit, apologizing that the 1st box was apparently defective)

I called customer service today to discuss credit for the two+ weeks of no service  + out of pocket expenses ($200.00 for my employer’s IT consultant RE- visit) + loss of time from work and was offered $30.81 for 2 weeks of downtime for phone and internet!

The representative had the audacity to challenge me on refunding the $39.95 technician fee; remember, this is because the first visit was done improperly!  So, a "customer solution" associate was brought onto the line and “graciously” waived this charge and then audaciously included this in the total to be refunded.

I am not sure how Comcast does business but this is an insult at a level I am unaccustomed to.  I thought I would try one last ditch effort to secure a more reasonable compensation before exploring options to move my service yet again. I do not look forward to this option but I am having a difficult time reconciling staying with a company that seems totally indifferent to its customers.

I will look forward to your swift and helpful reply.  Should you prefer to reach me via phone, please do so at xxx-xxx-xxxx

Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

In fairness and full disclosure, i should mention that the "local corporate" office had its supervisor call me today as well and of course, apologized (as has everyone else so far but to no resolution) and offered to waive my DVR fee (mind you, not all of it..just $15.00 of the $17.95) for 6 months as well as drop my promotional package rate an additional $20.00 for same period of 6 months.  while i am still not satisfied that this is a reasonable outcome given my out of pocket expenses, work time lost, seemingly endless calls to their 800 #, they have worn me down to the point where i have accepted this "empty" gesture just to end this more than frustrating process.

In closing, I hope my experience with Comcast has served as a CAUTIONARY tale to anyone considering moving to Comcast and I only wish i were more skilled at spreading this word

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg
Bronze Star Contributor
wchillman

We have found that the best way to deal with Comcast is to pare our services down to only the essential and avoid bundles like the plague. We have great TV as well as internet service for less than 50 bucks a month and autopay this amount and so, rarely have to contact them. It’s worked quite well for a few years now and will work at least through February of 2015. I’ve posted about it elsewhere on the Comcast site but you can click on this link to read more…

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/WE-WANT-NETFLIX-SUPER-HD/td-p/1691409

New Visitor
patty81

Experiencing the same problem. We should be able to rebundle our plans when we are done with the 2 year plans. If one looks at Verizon, customers can rebundle their plans when their contracts expire.  Comcast needs to get refocused on the needs of their customers if they don't want to lose their customers.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg