New Visitor
tracyr2
Accepted Solution

Who to write to lodge a complaint with Comcast re: Service & Support?

I have seen this question asked previously.  Why is there never an answer?  I don't want some administrator to forward my problem anywhere.  I want a name and address where I can write with valid complaints regarding service & support!   We have had Comcast for years, and really had pretty good service with them....up until about 6 mos ago.  I have been working to resolve issues of my own, as well as issues with my mother's service (we recently opted to choose Comcast for their service after her PA Online closed up shop....what a mistake this has been for her, and I regret recommending their service to her.).  In both our cases, our accounts have been charged this new monthly fee of $4.95 so you don't have to pay for inside service, or something.  We have had techs to both houses, no one ever gave us a service slip to sign or anything about this, and then this charge shows up saying we authorized this charge.  When I called about my issue I was told it was an error....I can accept one error...but TWO?  On two different accounts?  I think they're charging this to people without their permission, AND I think their techs are performing cable changes inside peoples houses and telling them to accept this change so they don't have to pay for these inside services...and then the guy says, "well, you can call and cancel the service by a certain date with no penalty"...what a JOKE and a PITA!!!  And the guy that sold us on my mom's service quoted us a price of $61 for her monthly telephone/internet fee (she supposedly is getting the lowest, slowest service or what was comparable to her PAOnline service) and her bill is almost $90!!!  And they're charging her a TV Tax when her TV is not even connected to Comcast's system...they've got a dish!!!  And techs keep telling me "change your browser, change your email client" .  That's ridiculous...they're stuff should work with ANY major browser etc out there....and for the price we pay we should be able to choose whichever we want without question.  And my mom still cannot maintain an appropriate connection..she has to keep trying to load even the homepage several times before it actually comes up.  She keeps getting the "this page cannot be displayed" message.  The tech says "use another browser...get Mozilla or something".  He says it's her Outlook.  I use Outlook and I don't have that issue to deal with.  I am like, one minute away from calling it quits with this company.  And Comcast is all over the customer service thing...they're really pushing the idea in their ads, etc.  It's a sorry mess, and I need some help.  If I can't get resolution I'm done.  I'm at the end of my rope. 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Who to write to lodge a complaint with Comcast re: Service & Support?

As far as I am aware there is no place or person to write to, to complain.   I have heard some get some results if you email here.  You're not actually getting the CEO but someone in that office.

Brian Roberts, CEO
Comcast Corporate Office
1500 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
215-286-8960

brian_roberts@comcast.com

Also you can email the we can help team.

To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post.

In my market they did add the inside wiring to my service it was a notice in my bill. 

New Visitor
tracyr2

Thank you so much for the info you provided.   I appreciate you taking the time to help me. 

tracyr2

New Visitor
Golden854

Amen, Ditto, Same exact experience - it's dismal, all Adv. hype to guarantee good service. Three years I've been trying to resolve similar issues with multiple accts and overcharges and Comcast's simple inability to get me a User/Password even so that I can conduct my business online. Petitions to the highest levels with VP's assistants to get this done proved fruitless. They walked away from it; and Apologies--- no End of Apologies! But, never any satisfation. Never any resolution. Just mounting charges without explanation. And, when asked no explanation or documentation is supplied. Am resorting to BBB to file a complaint now. A real nightmare of an experience. (Cannot cancel service, as we are in heavy woods where dish is not an option. So, stuck with this Corportronic maze - how they succeed is beyond me.)

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

Why not true the "We can help" email address (below) as THAT is staffed by regional folks; AND they do respond.  I'm not sure about the other email contact listed in this thread, but I DO know that folks at the We Can Help address can and do respond.

Include:

Account holder's name

Billing address

Account number

Description (brief) of the problem

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Thanks for the Info. I have been trying to get somewhere with my bill and have gotten no where. Hopefully this will gett me somewhere.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

New Visitor
ohlambie

In the front of your phone book there is a number to report a utility complaint. All utility complaints are regulated by this department. Comcast is required to report every complaint they get to this department. They regulate the utility companies to make sure people are not getting bad service and fraud. I am pretty sure upon contacting them with any unresolved issues you are having ,they will investigate and you will have a resolution.The  more people that contact them, the more the utility companies will get their act together.

As far as the person that lives in the woods and thinks they can't get Dish..... I live in a area where cows cross the rd still and I am in the woods and I would choose Dish over Comcast any day. We rarely loose service except when it is a torrential rain or snowstorm and only briefly. I loose comcast also.I only have comcast because we were displaced from the hurricane and the owner won't allow a dish. 

I hope this helps.

New Visitor
CraigB1960

Utility commission is a great place to lodge a complaint.  I worked for a utility for over 20 years, and when someone lodged a complaint with the UC, it received attention.

New Visitor
vchelle

I absolutely despise Comcast.

New Visitor
dglappa01

Dear Comcast,

Regarding my Comcast and internet account. When I signed up for Comcast I was told the package I received I would be locked into. Now the last billing cycle to billed me from $133 to $165 I am not working and a single mother. I have a set income.

I had to change my package and even though I wasn't home last month I was billed for $165. I will be out of town for another two months.

I currently reside in Michigan and Im in California until late December. Once I get home I am going to look for another provider.

Also you company forced me to pay for a phone line number I never will use. This is ridiculous.

I will inform other customers of yours regarding your policy and procedures of an unhappy customer. I will be canceling my account as soon as I get home.

Doreen Glappa

38990 Pineridge

Harrison Twp., MI 48045

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

[ Edited ]

dglappa01

The forums are public, anyone can read them without having to log in. They are also mainly a custoemr to customer help forum with limited monitoring by Comcast employees; their usernames would be in RED.

Please edit your post and remove your personal information. It is more for your security. Go to OPTIONS, select Edit Reply, make the changes and then re-post.

Telemarketers and scammers watch sites like this for that type of information.

If you wish to contact Comcast and have them get back to you try this.

Send an e-mail to this address

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include:

full name

service address

phone number

account number

link to this thread

full details of the problems

New Visitor

Thanks for your info. It did work and he got right back to me the same day.

New Visitor
kevingearhead

I am so tired and I am so disappointed in this whole Comcast in Knoxville, Tennessee...I have been lied to by the service technician and the support here in Knoxville...tomorrow I am going to file a complaint with either Comcast or the attorney general and the BBB...I have not had this worse service by a company in my whole life...COMCAST...you listening?