Visitor
nathaniz
Accepted Solution

Why Do I Have to Pay for Comcast's Error!?!

I am completely ready to leave over this issue. My Internet service was cutting off every day at the same time for 30 or 40 minutes each day. I called and they could not resolve it so they scheduled a tech to come out. Important to note that no mention of a $60 charge was ever made. For $60 I would’ve continues to live with inconvenience and aggravation.

So the tech comes out, comes in, looks at my modem and router and makes a phone call, then tells me the reason for our problems was that they did not have me in the system properly regarding my home network. They did the original install, not a self-install, two years ago. He then spent time on the phone and finished up and left. He left me no paperwork, no record of the visit, no work order copy, no solution codes, nothing. Then, surprise! A $60 charge for the service call shows up.

So, I am expected to pay $60 for a technician to come out to solve a problem Comcast caused in the first place!?! Seriously!?!

I spoke to a CSR on the phone who told me she would submit a request and I would hear something in three days. I've heard nothing in two or three weeks now and of course, the amount is showing in my latest bill as past due.

I will not pay it. If it does not get credited, the local regulator is going to get tired of hearing from me every day.

As an aside, the pdf of my bill on the website indicates that I have Digital Economy TV service with my Internet service, but the website My Account page says I have Digital Preferred. So which is it, Comcast?

On top of that, according to the New York Times article "Comcast vs. the Cord Cutters" dated 2/15/2014, I'm supposed to have access to HBO GO, which I do not: "Comcast’s cheapest TV-and-Internet plan goes for $50 a month for the first year . . . Comcast also throws in its service for watching TV shows on your mobile devices. More enticingly, the plan includes access to HBO and its streaming service, HBO Go . . .”

So what gives Comcast? Why are you charging me for your mistake and why do you not even know what my TV package is, and why does the New York Times tell me I have services I do not have?

Credit the $60 - I will absolutely complain to the local regulator daily and relentlessly until this is resolved to my satisfaction. I am not the perfect customer, but that doesn’t mean you get to jerk me around and charge me for your mistakes.

So your move, Comcast.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Re: Why Do I Have to Pay for Comcast's Error!?!

To get help, your best option is to contact Comcast Corporate Customer Service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com). You can also ask for help via Twitter (@ComcastCares), Facebook or the Comcast Direct Forum.

Visitor
nathaniz

We'll see what happens. This is not yet resolved. Thanks for your advice and information.

Official Employee
ComcastNick

Our system is set up to only charge for a technician troubleshooting visit if the work order is closed by the technician indicating that it was a non-Comcast issue.  Such as an interior wiring or customer owned equipment problem.

For any issue that involves Comcast owned equipment, outside wiring, or our computer codes there should be no charge.

I took a look at your account and I can see where the technician had the codes corrected, but he did close out the work order with the incorrect code in error.  I have reversed the $60 charge that was applied due to that error.

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
New Visitor
lavernemcneal

I agree with you completely. I refuse to pay a monthly service plan just in case their equipment breaks or malfunctions and I will not pay a separate technician charge either. Comcast sucks royally. I am trying to find my original service date so that I can finally get rid of comcast. I am @ the point where I don't care about the early termination fee. Whatever happened to quality service?
Official Employee
ComcastNick

lavernemcneal wrote:
I agree with you completely. I refuse to pay a monthly service plan just in case their equipment breaks or malfunctions and I will not pay a separate technician charge either. Comcast sucks royally. I am trying to find my original service date so that I can finally get rid of comcast. I am @ the point where I don't care about the early termination fee. Whatever happened to quality service?

I think you might not have fully read what was posted above.  If there is a problem with Comcast equipment, or the outside lines that we maintain, then there is not a charge.  If the problem is with interior wiring inside the house, there can be a charge, and that is what the service protection plan covers.

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
New Visitor
Mack2103

I have has a similar experience and am very fedup with comcast. i am so fed up that just woke up in the middle of the night to type this here.

REF account number : 05705 37769 174

Name : snehaben Tanna 

Ctc phone number: 979 479 2779

This is a Classic case for a company like this big in size with such stupidity and moreover noone in the company is smart enough to figure out a solution. You can understand the level of my frustration by this. 

We cancelled our service with comcast on phone as we were moving out of our apartment.  they scheduled a disconnection in a few days. When i recived a final bill they had charged me shipping twice for two sets of new equipment sent to me.. that too after us moving out. How intellegent was that. 

Every time i call the CSR and the SUPs understand the problem and sympathize.. after that they just end the call/chat helplessly.

We have been callling every day to pay the amount if they post an adjustment.. but no one know how to do it .

I am just fedup.. I am wanting to get thier fax number so that i can fax this issue to them every hour till they fic it. The CSR says they dont have a fax number. 

Luckily i happen to visit my old neighbour and some one gave me the package that i never ordered, I immediately called comcast and notified and shipped it back with the same instructiions that they had given. Now they say they have not rceived anything and are looking for the second shipment that they sent me. 

Sensless people: why would some one order two new pieces of equipment when they are cancelling service. We already have one equipment at home which needs to be returned and belongs to you. Why would a company ship and send a customer two new equipments on the same day on top of the one they have? 

I am yet to see a sensible CSR or supervisor who works there.. they are just slaves of the system and no experience to resolve customer issues by understanding them. 

Now they are charging us for that bill with the two shipping charge and claim that we have two of their equipment that we never ordered. 

Also, I have received a notice for a collection agency and that company and threatening to ruin our credit. On top of the false bill they want to charge us for the new equipment twice (almost $260) that they sent to the address we have moved out. 

I am also wanting to send this same informaton to BBB and JD power and anyone that i could send to ruin their reputation as a company.