New Visitor

Why does comcast rip me off?

Why can't I just sign up for a service that does what it says? I am supposed to get HBO for 6 months at $10, but I am being charged $18. And my cable, EXTENDED BASIC is $85 now. So...comcast gets more customers, reducing costs, then instead of passing on the savings they rip me off? Am I alone here?...

I'm sure they will pull this post anyway.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Why does comcast rip me off?

JoshOrr wrote:

Why can't I just sign up for a service that does what it says? I am supposed to get HBO for 6 months at $10, but I am being charged $18. And my cable, EXTENDED BASIC is $85 now. So...comcast gets more customers, reducing costs, then instead of passing on the savings they rip me off? Am I alone here?...

I'm sure they will pull this post anyway.

I don't know why you would think your post would be pulled- You are asking legitimate questions???

Have you called 1-800 comcast and asked them why you are being charged $18 instead of $10?  Were you ever charged $10-?  (how long have you had service?) Were you in a Promotion that ended, and that accounts for the increase of your Extended basic?

We do not have access to your Account, so you will need to get your answers from Comcast.  do call them and see what you are told.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
carriedyer23

called to set-up service early january. was superbowl sunday before i could watch/use anything. rounding up should be paying $90 a month. yet the bill for less than 3 full months of service (with a $105 payment in the mix) is $299 and change. something dosnt add up. everytime we call "customer service", which by the way, in an independant survey is rated as worst for any u.s. company(google it peeps youll see); keep trying to say 'times three'. ??? what??? is comcast trying to get 3 months of fees for 1 month of service? with services like magic jack/vonage/huluplus/netflix i'm really thinking all comcast is really good for is internet service, and if we look around i bet we can also find a better deal than that.

Email Expert
CCCarole

You ccan send an email to the We Can Help Comcast Team and ask them to review your service and your past bills.

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

.Please include all of the following in your email:

Service address

The full name on your account

Home phone number & an alternate number where you can be reached if possible

Your Comcast Account number

A link to this Thread

A detailed description of the problems

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor
carriedyer23

cant access the we can help link...keep getting a message about not having a email program?? try to type link manually and keep getting pushed to google. why is everything so complicated when dealing with comcast? 

Email Expert
CCCarole

carriedyer23 wrote:

cant access the we can help link...keep getting a message about not having a email program?? try to type link manually and keep getting pushed to google. why is everything so complicated when dealing with comcast? 

It is not a link, it is the email address where you would send the email.  Put the email address in the TO field of your email.

New Visitor
1mimi1

You are definately not alone. I was told by a comcast employee that I was being charged for TWENTY MONTHS for services not rendered. Basically I was paying 60 to 80 dollars a month for free local tv channels and nothing more. I was then told that they could not pay me back, but could keep giving me promo prices to make up for their "mistake". I was actually trying to cancel my services and decided if that was the only way to get my money back i would continue getting tv through them. Now I've gone another month with services not rendered and they are telling me that they "have" to charge me. They have also been raising my bill by twenty dollars a month for at least the past 3 months. And on top of that I am being charged for multiple modems, (I have 1) multiple wireless routers, (I have 1) and for 3 remotes, (again, I only have one).

It is probably best just to cancel your services. I for one am getting ready to sue and am contemplating getting a civil suit against Comcast.