Contributor

Xfinity Home Page - Customer service

What customer service. The Xfinity home page does not permit editing of preferences to avoid getting Comcast entertainment junk. I changing my home page. When Comcast the monopoly does not want to hear that their service offers nothing to be desired. They just delete the post.

BIG BROTHER is here: COMCAST XFINITY!

Email Expert
madylarian

Re: Xfinity Home Page - Customer service

Problem_router wrote:

What customer service. The Xfinity home page does not permit editing of preferences to avoid getting Comcast entertainment junk. I changing my home page. When Comcast the monopoly does not want to hear that their service offers nothing to be desired. They just delete the post.

While I agree that it's extremely annoying to have to go through that Comcast/Xfinity home page to access email online there's nothing forcing you to make it your home page.  There are an unimaginable number of options.  For isntance, if you log on to Google news you can personalize to your heart's content.

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Problem_router wrote:

Not true. If you take the time to read the forums, you will find plenty of complaints that have NOT been removed.

Posts ARE removed if there is a legitmte reason to move them.

In your case, yours were removed because they violated the Posting Guidelines. (clickable link). You used a not-so-clever way to include a "no-no word" in your post.  Whether you agree with this being a no-no word or not, the fact remains that the filter is set up to keep the word from being used in the forum.

Unfortunately many new posters don't read the guidelines before making their first post here. They assume they can say anything they want and it will be accepted. They would find out that posting personal info is a no-no. They would see the part about including details of an issue, which would help us help them more quickly. And they would see this section:

Please Don't

Use Profanity

Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor
SJ08043

You probably would do much better with a google home page. A google account has many benefits.

I do use a phone app to get to comcast email, but usually I go through my Thunderbird email client. I really don't want to see advertisements, so this works for me.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

It still begs the question why the "bad word" filter is set for the 1950's? And  if the "Bad-Word" is not actually spelled out, why is the post deleted. If that isn't Big Brother what is? The word approximated is not profanity. if it was why doesn't Comcast filtered it from  their TV offerings! Hypocrisy of course!

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Some people may think the word you approximated is profanity. Read the posting guidelines and my response above-you will see why the post was removed.

As for tv, it isn't up to Comcast, Charter, Dish or any other company to filter out content. The networks are responsible for that.

No hypocrisy at all.

You are deluded if you think cable companies have that kind of power over the networks. The offerings are not Comcast offerings. Comcast provides the means for you to watch shows on the networks they carry. They don't produce the shows. I long ago ceased to be amazed at the number of people who believe Comcast is personally responsible for what NETWORKS do.

The forums are the cyber space equivalent of private property. Comcast has control over the property, they make the rules, and you are bound to abide by the rules.

If you are so incensed about certain words being no-no words here, there are plenty of forums where you can use whatever language you want and not be censored. Find one of them and post to your hearts content.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.