Contributor

Xfinity outage in south florida

hi i was just wondering what the deal was with customer service. i have been out of service since yesterday and i call and a recording keeps updating and pushing the repair time back and back. I get someone on the phone and they tell me there isnt a problem at all. I tell them the recording says there is, so they give me a date for thursday for a tech to come out. We have no home phone now cause thats out with the cable and internet. No one is telling us what the problem is and we are not the only ones with an outage. This is very discouraging and i am thinking of switching my family to uverse. Is there any number we can call that can give us a straight answer to what is going on in our area?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Xfinity outage in south florida

do a google search for comcast phone numers in your area.  You do know there was an earthquake today right, service is out all over the east coast.  Maybe cut them a break for a natural disaster?

Contributor

yes i am aware of that but this was a day before the earthquake, and i did the number thing, see service is fine for some two blocks away and not for some . its weird and its been that way for me for two days, for some for 4 days, so no no breaks gonna be cut, but i do appriciate the un helpful comment, dont know what i was thinking posting here, should have know i would not have gotten any real help, also its funny you should say the earthquake cause two friends of mine that live where it hit, thier service is fine..i am just gonna wait and see what happens and stay away from this place. and when payday hit.. goodbye comcast hello uverse shame to cause i have been with them for over 12 years.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

The quake didn't extend as far as South Florida.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Contributor
spottedlady

I am in Naples (south Fla) and when we lost service yesterday, we were having a storm.  I called the 800 number anyhow (from my cell) and the guy I got (in Orlando) was not aware of an outage in my area, even though I told him about the storm and asked him several times if he was sure there was no outage. After he had me unscrew the coax to the modem and give it a few moments and reattach it, he told me to get online, which I knew wouldn't work.  He decided my modem was bad and scheduled a service call for Thurs.  Imagine my surprise when my home phone rang half an hour later...They don't listen to you when you call.  They just use their "canned" responses.