New Visitor
kathyb3

blast plus!! Comcast has no idea what this even is

i had comcast come out to add a service onto my exsisting service.i have the highest internet and have local channels and wanted a few more channels. i saw the blast plus package online and decided i would get it. i called comcast and no one knew what i was talking about and said it must be an online only promotion. so i got online and "ordered" it online and through the chat was told that my service would start in 24 hours and to call comcast to set an appt up to have a reciever in the 2nd room for cable. i called and made an appt to have a technician come out. Well they put in the call as a "trouble shooting call" which was incorrect. The technician spent the first hour trying to get through to his dispacher to let them know it was not a troubleshooting call,which i informed the man who called confirming my appt times that it was for adding service not troubleshooting. No one at comcast has heard of the blast plus package. i had to show my technician online what it was. so after about 2 1/2 hours my technician left and the only thing done s he changed out internet modems and added a cable box to the 2nd room, only problem.......still no channels that is offered in the blast plus package.i was told they were working on figuring out what channels i should be getting and they would call and let me know.that was tuesday and it is now thursday night and i have not heard from anyone. i called my technician(he left me his number), and let him know i still dont have cable and have they figured anything out and he said he would call and call me back......i still have not received a call back. my technician was a very nice man. i just think comcast needs to be more organized and train people on what they offer whether its an online only deal or whatever it may be. it is insane i spent 4 1/2 hours out of my day(appt was from 10-12, showed up at 11:30, stayed for about 2 1/2 hours) for something that didnt even get complete or anything. if i havent heard from comcast by monday , i will be cancelling our service. i have never heard of them coming out and leaving without having done the service that they are suppose to be there for. i can not be the first person to order the blast plus deal. has anyone heard or been in a similar situation?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: blast plus!! Comcast has no idea what this even is

Actually there is no Blast Plus package.

Blast is the internet speed tier. The PLUS comes into play when you order Blast tier PLUS a tv service tier.

ex. Blast plus Premier XF

That may be why they have never heard of a Blast Plus package.

What tv service tier did you sign up for?

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
kathyb3

if there is no blast plus package then why is it on the comcast website? i had internet before and all i wanted the package for was the extra cable channels. my internet speed is still the same, i cant tell a difference. this is off of comcast site.....

Blast Plus

Package Details:

• Get download speeds up to 30 Mbps with PowerBoost® – so you can stream TV shows, download HD movies and music, and game in real time.
    • XFINITY is the fastest Internet provider in the nation according to PC Mag!
    • With Digital Economy TV, enjoy all of your local channels, plus many more popular ones like Discovery, Disney, CNN, A&E, and Comedy Central – all in crystal clear digital picture and sound.
    • XFINITY StreampixTM – unlimited access to a new library of TV shows and movies that you can watch and stream instantly on your laptop, iPad®, or iPhone®.
    • Constant Guard™ - the most comprehensive online protection (a $360 value). Get Norton™ Security Suite and much more.
    • Backed by the 30-Day Money-Back Comcast Customer Guarantee.

View Channel Lineup

Minimum System Requirements

Details and Restrictions

Learn More

$79.95 per month

.....what "my"comcast people cant figure out is the channels for cable im suppose to get since they have no idea about the blast plus. its fine because im just gonna switch to dish . i think it is rediculous. customer service is 90%of the time horrible. ive only spoken with 2 people who actually sounded like they cared about whatever i had a problem with.every technician that has come out has said the person before them didnt hook it up or did the job right so i think im finally just done with comcast.    

Contributor
Sil3nTux

kathyb3,

You signed up for Blast! Internet PLUS Digital Economy TV. Digital Economy is below Digital Starter.

If you call back in ask the Rep to pull up a channel line-up in your area for Digital Economy.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

I saw that page. And it does refer to BLAST internet speed tier PLUS the tv package.

You can get Blast with other tv tiers. Just saying you have the Blast package doesn't tell them which one you have.

As I stated before call Comcast and tell them which tv tier you subscribe to so they can sort out the channels you are supposed to be getting.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
kathyb3

i have called comcast...over,and over,and over. i shouldnt be the one that has to research it and then tell them their job. ive already told them this yet they still have to "figure"out what channels im suppose to get.

Contributor
mny12

Kathyb quick Q -

How much does your actual bill break down to? I'm interested in this package as well, but doubt it's a clean 79.95 with HD fees, DVR/cable box fees, taxes, etc.

New Visitor
je67

I was just offerd the Blast plus bundle from a comcast rep/agent. From what I was told it is one tier above the performance service internet and 1 above the limited basic, I was told there would be 50-80 channels. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what channels these are. I do know they include all of the limited basic channels plus a few more.It was offerd to me as an upgrade to those services I mentioned above. But yes for It does exsist.

Recognized Contributor
Bill-1948

This info: Is from (www.comcast.com/internet-service.html)

(Blast Plus: Lightning-fast Internet + TV   Download speeds up to 30 Mbps with PowerBoost® and all of your local channels, plus popular ones like  Discovery, Disney, CNN, A&E and Comedy Central. Stream hundreds of movies online anytime, anywhere  with XFINITY Streampix™.

$49.99/mofor 6 months  starting price for new customers)

New Visitor
Denden71

I just received a postcard from them, 2 months after I subscribed to "blast plus".  I've only had local channels, butr now they are sending me a box, because they did an internal audit, and that I was no getting what I ordered.  

So apparently, I was supposed to get all these wonderful channels, with a box, and haven't got them yet, not even on a cable-ready TV.

:smileyconfused:

Visitor

BLAST only works with a DOCSIS 3,.0 modem.  I would not be surprised if Comcast was activating BLAST, but not upgrading your modem.  In which case, you are paying for a speed increase you are not actually getting..

New Visitor
ctrlaltdel121

Does anyone have a screenshot of the $49.99 deal that was around for just a few weeks? I bought it and now they are telling me I owe them $79.99 a month.

New Visitor
sarahb12

I am having the same problem, I am being charged 79.99 when I know that the original promo was 19.99 each per month.

Connection Expert
EG

cvorwald wrote:

BLAST only works with a DOCSIS 3,.0 modem. 

FWIW, that is incorrect..

New Visitor
EJRocket

What is the modem you are referring to?

New Visitor
EJRocket

What is a DOCSIS 3,.0 modem?

Connection Expert
EG

Do you mean a brand name and model number reference or a technical description ?

Visitor

I'm not sure what you are referring to as incorrect, but the following are directly from the Comcast web pages and technical support (verbal conversation)... and on the "supported modem page (link below), if you select "BLAST" as the tier level, only DOCSIS 3.0 modems are listed.

=======================

http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/

"Remember DOCSIS version number matters if you subscribe to Comcast Performance, Blast!, Ultra or Extreme."

"If you want to enjoy our fastest Internet speeds, including Ultra and Extreme 50 service, then a DOCSIS 3.0 modem is required. You can lease a DOCSIS 3.0 modem from us, buy an approved modem at a retail outlet near you, or check to see if your existing modem is approved on our DOCSIS Devices list"

========================

Official Employee
ComcastNick

While a DOCSIS 3.0 modem is recommended for Blast! service, it is not required.  To get the speeds that are advertised, you will need a DOCSIS 3.0 modem, but if you are signed up for Blast! and you do not have a DOCSIS 3.0 modem, it will still work.

That is normally only the case for people who use their own modems and not Comcast modems, because if you sign up for Blast! and have our modem, we would want to get you a DOCSIS 3.0 modem.

EJRocket wrote:

What is a DOCSIS 3,.0 modem?

DOCSIS stands for Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification, it is the international standard for transmitting high speed data over our type of network.  3.0 is a newer standard than 2.0 allowing for faster data transfer.

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
New Visitor
Enlivened

I just got the Blast Plus package as well. I picked up the supplies myself and plugged it all in. I am still only picking up basic cable channels and none of the techs have been able to get any channels between 21 and 81 to show up. So frustrated. Been dealing with it for 3 days now.

Official Employee
ComcastNick

Enlivened wrote:

I just got the Blast Plus package as well. I picked up the supplies myself and plugged it all in. I am still only picking up basic cable channels and none of the techs have been able to get any channels between 21 and 81 to show up. So frustrated. Been dealing with it for 3 days now.

From what you posted, it sounds like there is a tier mask code still on the cable box that is either incorrect, or needs to be removed entirely.  I am not in your area, so I cannot pull up your account, but try calling in one more time, and ask specifically to have the agent check the tier mask codes on the cable box.  They are something that an agent could easily have overlooked on the account.

If that doesn't work, I would recommend contacting the We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com team, give them your account information and a description of the problem, and they will be able to reach out to the local support and make sure your channels are corrected and working.

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
Recognized Contributor
Bill-1948

This may help. When you email (we can help) as ComcastNick recommenced, do this. Use your cc (Carbon Copy) lines or line in your email program. Sends a copy of the email to these people.

william_gerth@comcast.com , robert_sacunas@comcast.com , mike_decandido@comcast.com , rick_germano@comcast.com , brian_roberts@comcast.com

Also use Facebook and Twitter. If you would like to email or call Comcast. Not use cc.

Primary contact

William (Bill) Gerth Comcast Cares william_gerth@comcast.com (215) 286-1700

OR

Robert Sacunas Director, National Customer Operations at Comcast robert_sacunas@comcast.com (215) 286-1700

Secondary contact

Mike Decandido Senior Vice President, Call Center Operations mike_decandido@comcast.com (reports to Rick Germano.) (215) 286-1700

OR

Rick Germano Senior Vice President of Customer Operations at Comcast Form email rick_germano@comcast.com (215) 286-1700

Chief executive (*)

Brian L. Roberts Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Comcast Corporation brian_roberts@comcast.com

New Visitor
fuffy01

Blast plus is when you get the basic channels on your cable box and the rest you have access to through streampix (xfinitytv.com)

New Visitor
nbox

Yes, the promotion did exist. I ordered it and it was 39.99 for twelve months with an increase in price after that. They say they no longer have the package and can't even look it up! They won't honor the package after the twelve months are up. I don't understand it either! I have a supervisor that is supposed to call me back.

Contributor
kathismom

[ Edited ]

Hi

Same issue. Was told Blast Plus included channels amc, etc. Am currently searching for signed docs. Am pretty ticked off at Comcast. Love my download speed of up to 30 but the tv part they have really messed up. 

I also signed up for the $40 for a year for the fast speeds.

I don't know if they changed the names of the channel line up or what but this Blast Plus Details I'm looking at says: Digital Economy TV - discovery, food network, disney, amc...

actually, they have a Blast Plus package again. Which is Digital Economy (not limited basic) and high speed internet. 

They keep trying to put me down on a digital economy one. 

New Visitor
pware724

Yes, you are right about the internet speed and the modem DOCSIS 3.0! On the phone I had to remind the tech to change my modem for the upgrade to receive the high speed. Such ashame. Also, they couldn't find the blast plus package in their billing system to bill my the right way. They were offering some lower 6 month packages to get me to swich over with apologize for their ingorancies. Bu,t I stayed with them insisting they get it right. It took over 5 days. Finally, a tech came over with some true knowledge and told me everything that needed to be done. I brought my own DOCSIS 3.0 so, I wouldn't have to keep paying $7.00 per month for the lease and I also decided to just use the adapter (free) and return that terrible standard cable box that came without the HD that they are charging $9.95 per month for on demand channels. Yeah, right! Who doesn't have a HD TV nowdays! the picture quality is awful.  I have a 27"Mac off from my bedroom that I use to watch my premium channels and on-demand. That stuff about you need a cable box to get on demand and premium channels on your TV is true. But if you don't mind watching it from your monitor where the picture is better it's worth it to me to save a couple of hundred dollars a year to replaces the low picture quality they are offering their customer with the basic cable. And besides Comcast better kick it into gear with HBO and MAX on the Go Apps. Other cable companies has signed on allowing their customer to view HBO and MAX from their smart tv's but NOt COMCAST. Give your customer a break or I will be like some many others ustomers  signing on with another company. The good thing about Blast Plus you are not under no contract.  

New Visitor
LeeSD

I am using a Motorola Docsis 2.0 modem and getting the full Blast speed.

Visitor

Unplug my MODEM for 30 seconds, come on thats every tech. favorite phrase to cure all. My internet speed has always been OK???? can't be any faster. Make our cable switching from channel to channel faster. LOL Price increase what a pharse!!!

Visitor

Paying my bill today, I again noticed hte Blast Plus thing and slowly began to recall I chased that down a month ago.

They are/were willing to knock $10 off your 30Mbps Internet and give you one free box to get you to add the new Dig Econ tier and Streampix, their new competition for Netflix that is different from OnDemand in that it is also ported to mobile devices where they can't make you rent and carry around a set-top box to receive it. After 6 months your bill goes UP to like $60 PLUS $20 = $80 and you're paying for mostly your local broadcast channels plus the Streampix which I already get from Netflix for $8 with probably more stuff to watch that I like.

New Visitor
mskumar1233

I'm having the same problem too. I signed up for the Blast internet package for $49.99 and I just got for a bill for $84.48. I was just on phone with 3 different comcast reps for more than an hour and now they refuse to give me that package/rate.

I signed up less than a month ago and now I'm planning to cancel my account.

Someone here mentioned that calling/emailing the local franchise office will help. Did that help anyone?

New Visitor
JTechAspc

This is what I do for a living every day. Yes you have a specific package, yes it has specific channels that are known. This has Blast which has 25Mbps internet speed and Digital economy television package. The internet speed should be between 25 and 30+ Mbps with Speed Boost, and a channel lineup is similar though not the same as Digital Starter and no On Demand. These packages pop up randomly and frequently and are sometimes very hard to find info on. I've had this conversation more than once, being the one that had no idea that xxx had changed or that xxx was new, though I have always tried to let people know once I knew on a call back if I was able. I usually find out hours later, that in the 40 to 80 emails I get every day that that 1 little gem had escaped me, and one of my friends has found it and gave it to me. As an employee taking care of literally millions of people, and with thousands of unique areas and demographics, lineups, and regulations, all attempting to make the service better, sometimes the ship is moving faster than the deckhands can follow. And when it works... (99.999...% of the time) get out of the way cuz its on fire!! When it doesn't I have grown men sobbing that they missed Dancing with the stars because their power is out. Here is the kicker, there is reason but not excuse to why this can happen. I assume your problem is solved due to the age of your question but I do want to add a small measure of reason for your struggles because not everyone cares, ( I'm at home on my own time and just passing through) I love what "we" do as a company. It is truly the best in the world and I am proud, but am also horrified by the times when things go wrong. I deal with the problems every day and I am very good at it. A train with an average weight of between 8,000 and 10,000 tons can take a mile or two to stop. You or I with a small problem or question can start moving with a tremendous force, Every day I bend and guide that track as carefully as I can, using my instincts and whatever information I can find. I am determined to make sure that you are happier when you leave my line as when you came on (and with all your luggage). So remember that there are really great people here and we can fix these things, and many of us do care. We are driving the biggest, fastest,and most beautiful train in the world. It is now Saturday morning and I am talking shop. I am part of the % that cares, because I think it's right, and because our customers deserve ti. Wish you luck and good service. Fight respectfully for your service!!!

Recognized Contributor
Bill-1948

JTechAspc: Your name should be in RED. I could be wrong but you work for Comcast? My self and others has tried to sighn up for blast plus. We have been told by Comcast no. The reasons Comcast gives is in this post(Re: blast plus!! Comcast has no idea what this even is). The answer i submit to you (is for Comcast to say what they do,and do what they say).

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Whether an employee ends up with a name in RED and officially designated as an employee is up the forum administrators.

They are identified as such because anyone can say "I am an employee" and we have no way to verify if someone is actually a Comcast employee.

This is a security measure to prevent unsuspecting customers from giving their account info (if asked for it) to someone up to no good.                           

If an identified, approved employee asks for it it is safe to provide it via private message or email.

New Visitor
mysurprise

I am a comcast member for over 20+ years, and have been there through all of their changes.  The Xfinity branding was one of those surprises I did not understand, but a customer rep took the time to explain it to me.  Cable cost keep rising despite all the infomercials and commercials that, I believe, go to support its existence through advertisement.  I just got out of the chat room with billing and accounts because of my hike in bundled services.  I was actually surfing, looking for other ways to make TV, internet and phone (only because my husband needs the fax) to work within my budget when I came across the Blast Plus for $79.95.  To my surprise, there are those of you out there who have already had a negative experience with the service.  But also to my greatest surprise, is that there is at least one caring tech( JTechAspc) who is able to explain all of the likely causes for the problems everyone is experiencing and helpful ways to resolve them.  It is such a pity that we cannot clone you .  Anyone with such pride, loyalty, and dedication (working on your day off) is well worth his (or her) weight in gold, and I hope they are compensating you accordingly (heaven knows we pay well).  Maybe customer service ought to be taking their chat room responses and queries and sending them to tech support so that tech support can help them better understand the products they are suppose to be representing.  Anyway, your post was a  breath of fresh air and very encouraging.  I will give comcast one last chance to help me make a decision to stay or go.

New Visitor
mskumar1233

Hi JTechAspc - Thank you for your reply and sorry to get back to you so late. I lost hope on the forum when I didn't see any reply for so long.

BTW my story continues... I continued my battle with the customer service reps (and talking to superiors) and finally lost to one lady who said it's better I switch to one of the then available packages that suit my need ($69.95 for high speed internet + digital preferred tv). I wasn't happy, but I felt I had no choice and went with that. A month later I now realize that I was fooled again and was actually charged $79.95. It was probably my mistake that I didn't ask them to send the details in writing (email or mail). I now have to go through the same episode again.

I think you work for Comcast? I understand your love for your company and I also understand that it's not easy to deal with high volumes of customer issues everyday. But I must say that there are very few people at Comcast who actually hear their customers.

[ FYI I've been a customer for at least 5 years now (on and off because I moved a lot) and I've had my good days too, but looks like the company is chaging as it is growing (or shrinking?) ]

Thanks anyway.

New Visitor
MidgeG

I just got blast Plus today I also have the Motorola Docsis 2.0 modem but how can I actually tell if I am getting the high speed  probably a dumb question but other than guessing is there a place to look??,before that I had motorola surfboard extreme modem which was updated  by cable for high speed but I really didnt see th difference. But I did lose connection alot........  then i spilled something on it and it well died  140.00 bucks down the drain :smileycry:

New Visitor
MidgeG

Oh nevermind  duh i found it im getting between 48.0 and 54.0  mbps but I have no idea what I was getting before Blast plus

New Visitor
soloy7017

Hey, I just recently got my Blast Plus packaged fixed. I got it fixed through online chatting. The person I chatted knew there stuff. I was at the issue for several days now too like most of you. When you tell them about your issue by online or through phone. Tell them to check your xfinify tv tier. You should be getting the Digital Economy. If that is so, tell them to check your fx headend, if its not matching your package/service, they should be able to switch it. and hopefully you should be getting the channel line-up on the digital economy tv.

this is what you channels you should be getting: https://www.comcast.com/Clu/ChannelLineUp

Hope that helps out those that upgrade to Blast Plus Package.

New Visitor
Tess42

I received a mailer offering Blast Plus for $79.99.  Yet online it offers it for $49.99.   I entered a live chat to ask what the difference was.  I was asked my address and if I was a customer.  I gave them the information and asked again why the difference in price.  After over a half hour STILL didn't receive a response.

New Visitor
Tess42

Pfft.  I have one offer online showing $49.99 a month and a mailer showing $79.99 a month.  When I asked a rep online what the difference was they literally NEVER RESPONDED. 

Contributor
SlowBroadband

I am beginning to wonder if Comcast might be engaging in fraudulent activity with this BlastPlus bait and switch. I attempted an upgrade which never materialized and only encountered costly discontinuation of service and extraneous charges to return to my orignial level of service. Don't know what is going on with Comcast, but this type of desperate grab for revenues must be a sign of something going on at the corporate level. 

New Visitor
zerosktr1314

All I know is I have the Blast Plus package at 79.95 and my bills come out to 101 and recently went up five dollars. So over all I'm paying close to thirty dollars above and beyond what they claim the price is.

New Visitor
h2ofos2

I ordered Blast Plus last month. I own my own modem and did not order HBO, but I could have promised at the time I ordered HBO was free for 6 months. Of course, I can't find an email anywhere from them confirming my exact order. I called after looking at my bill that charged a modem rental and HBO. They took off both charges, but everyone...look at your bill closely. They may be charging you for items you did not even ask for.

New Visitor
RyouKDNme

I signed up for the online Blast promotion in January 2013 - 29.99 per month for 6 months, then 49.99 for then next 6 months, and 62.95 after that.  Got billed 61.95 plus billed for a second modem.  No one seems to be able to fix this.  Chatted 4 times with the guarantee it would be resolved within 72 hours.  Never happened.  Called and they punted me over to chat.  Chat punted me over to call.  Spoke with 5 different people over the phone.  They can't seem to find the promotion anywhere because it was an online promotion.  They want to switch me to a current promotion.  Switch and Bait SCAM if you ask me.

Email Expert
CCCarole

RyouKDNme wrote:

I signed up for the online Blast promotion in January 2013 - 29.99 per month for 6 months, then 49.99 for then next 6 months, and 62.95 after that.  Got billed 61.95 plus billed for a second modem.  No one seems to be able to fix this.  Chatted 4 times with the guarantee it would be resolved within 72 hours.  Never happened.  Called and they punted me over to chat.  Chat punted me over to call.  Spoke with 5 different people over the phone.  They can't seem to find the promotion anywhere because it was an online promotion.  They want to switch me to a current promotion.  Switch and Bait SCAM if you ask me.

I suggest you send an email to the We Can Help Team for assistance.

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include all of the following in your email

full name

service address

phone number

account number

link to this thread

full details of the problems

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
Danonedrt

There is blast plus and I pay 49.99 montly but I'm cancelling service after offer expires cause your costumer service is a joke!!!
New Visitor
Danonedrt

Same here.But I was told 49.99 monthly and 79.99after 6 months my firts bill 187.00 next 327.00 call costumer service but you know is a joke!!!so after goint to their location and fight for about an hour,got it down o 52.00 but know they came out with their BS digital adapter and took all my good channels away even with the adapter I get the same channels that with a regular box and they are telling me I need to upgrade but when I tried they told me I can't cause it would b $68.99 cheaper than 79.99wich I would b paying next month when offer expires.!!!!!!
New Visitor
sanslumiere

There is a Blast! Plus.  I have seen it before on Comcast and my bill states that is what we currently have. However we have never been offered a box for cable channels and now, even though I saw it on the comcast webite as late as December 2012, it is no longer on there.  Yet our bill, which seems to change from month to month and no-one can tell us why, states Blast! Plus service.  We don't get any cable channels.  Just wondering what it is.  Calling and asking what the programs are and what the costs for each tier of service is worthless because all they try to do is offer upgrades rather that tell you what you are already paying for.  As for what is on our bills, no-one knows.

New Visitor
PhillipF

Blast! Plus is found under the Internet tier packages. It's Blast! Speed Internet (up to 50mbps) and local channels sent through the cable line. If you have a digital tuner on ur tv you can get some of the stations if you split the line before your modem and and run one into your tv's coax input. You'll then do a channel search after setting the tv to cable. It will take some time to do this. There's supposed to be a digital conversion box from Comcast that we're supposed to get but they don't offer it to you. Go down to the office and tell them you need the box for your tier. You should also have a Ubee brand docsis 3.0 modem, at least that's what I have. I chatted up the online chat rep and they were little/no help at all. In fact, I kept getting tangled up in what they were telling me vs. what they "meant" to say. At first, one rep told me there wasn't any such package that was blast! with a 45 channel cable package, then I got him to admit there was. Downside is he said I wasn't allowed to order it because it was only for new customers. I asked again about the details saying nothing about new or existing customer requirements, to which he again changed his story and said it was for existing customers, but only those that had lower tiered plans than mine. When I asked about upgrading to that package he said he couldn't.

Pretty upsetting when you ask a business to buy more of their product and they won't sell it to you.
New Visitor
PhillipF

[ Edited ]
To add, blast! Plus gets me about 15-20 channels, 50% of which are repeats of other channels. The other package I was referring to is blast! Plus with extended channels... And is listed at 69.99 a month, but I'm paying 74.99 for a lesser package. Really starting to get tired of this runaround where Comcast doesn't understand their own pricing schemes and won't help a customer who catches on to the baloney! Going to call today and cancel my service unless their willing to do something about it! Get your head in the game Comcast. I was paying you $215 for over a year and you decided that I wasn't important enough to do the right thing... I went to directv, they weren't a lot better, and now I'm ready to drop back to almost bare Internet (Performance) for literally half as much monthly. If it was my business I wouldn't let that happen.