Contributor
simmonsalex123

comcast review please read me

[ Edited ]

What is going on with this company?!! let me describe the horrible experience I'm getting from this company. the day started simple, I was moving into my new apartment and wanted TV and internet service. I got online and begin the checkout process. I was chatting with the representative to confirm my purchase. She told me She had found a deal for me. I said great what is it? She replies stating that She has internet and TV for me at a low price of around 50.00 a month. I was skeptical and asked if the internet package was the blast internet service that I wanted. She replied that yes it was. happy to be getting what I wanted I agreed to the order. still feeling a little skeptical I called Comcast 3 different occasions to confirm my order and to make sure I was getting the blast internet speeds that I wanted. on each occasion they agreed that yes I would be getting 15mbps download and 3mbps upload speeds. on the day of my appointment the cable man arrived 20 mins late when he had a 2-5pm window. what is up with that?!!! still feeling worried I asked again this time to the cable man. I asked which services he was installing. he replied that I would be getting basic cable and the performance internet package!!!!!!!!! of only about 12mbps download and 1mbps upload. I went from worried to very anger. I had been lied to not 1, but 4 different times on 4 different days. there is no excuse for that. finally getting the internet package that I wanted after talking to 3 different people on the phone from Comcast and at the end of the day my TV service was still not working. the cable man said he would be by tomorrow to fix it. the next day came and went and he never showed. I called Comcast today to find out what was going on. of course the representative can't do anything if the cable guy already says the box needs to be changed, but I let her try anyways. of course it didn't work and an appt has to be scheduled for NEXT WEEK!!!! that is ridiculous. after all the problems this company is putting me through I should be getting immediate service. I told her that it was not good enough and asked her to get a hold of dispatch and to get someone out here as soon as possible. Bridgett told me that dispatch would contact me on my cell in about 4 hours. with the impression this company has been giving me and witnessing the performance first hand of your workers. I doubt this will happen and I will most likely be on the phone again having to deal with the terrible service I get every single time I call. you guys state that you have pride in your customer service. I think your customer service as it stands now is a complete joke. also I will be posting this review on every forum, review page, and any other place I think people will be judging whether or not to go with this company's service or not.

does this company care at all....or do they only want my money. i think comcast only wants my money and this customer service they keep boasting about is only to lure new customers into thier nightmarish games. i have no contract and i think i'll be going somewhere else if things don't change.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: comcast review please read me

[ Edited ]

simmonsalex123

Hi

FYI. This is a public forum, mainly customer to customer with limited monitoring of these threads by Comcast employees. Please edit your posting by removing your email address for your own security. Like I said the forums were recently changed to a public forum so anyone can view them without haveing to log in.

You can leave the rest of your posting. Just go to the OPTIONS pull down menu and select edit reply.

Just a hint for your own security to prevent spammers getting your address.

Thanks

New Visitor
carolina1993

Hi, I can completely relate to and understand all your frustrations with Comcast. I have been a Comcast customer since 2001. I have all 3 services... phone, tv, and internet through Comcast.  HUGE MISTAKE!!!  So far in the last 30 days, my home phone and internet have GONE OUT 5 (yes, FIVE) times!!!!  The first time, it took several days before they could send a service tech here to fix the problem.  Not only was he LATE also, but it took him over 2 HOURS to fix whatever was going on.  The second time it went out, I called 1-800-COMCAST for assistance and was on HOLD for over 45 minutes... this call was made from my cell phone and was costing me money each minute I was on the line waiting.  I was so frustrated that I finally just hung up.  The next day, my service had been restored.  I was told on a later occasion that my services were interrupted due to some sort of fiber cut and was told that it was VERY rare that something like that would ever happen again.  Anyway, my phone and internet went out another 2 times after that (yesterday being one of them) and AGAIN today!!!!  What is WRONG with this company??????  Like you said earlier, it's as if they only want my money and could care less about actually providing reliable service to the customer.  Not being able to access the internet is one thing, BUT I desperately NEED my PHONE because of medical issues that are going on right now and have been since around the beginning of February of this year.  Not only do I need to schedule more appointments, call my insurance company, etc but I am also EXPECTING phone calls regarding very important tests I have been having.  Right now, there is NO POSSIBLE WAY for my physicians to get in touch with me concerning these issues... and I desperately NEED these test results!!!!  I have had SO MANY problems with Comcast previously... too many to even start to mention.  I am in severe, chronic pain BUT they could care less whether or not my services are working properly.  Where I live, I am limited in the number of available providers.... and I have basically heard the same problems with them that I am currently having with Comcast.  What to do??  What to do??  What to do??  I am beyond livid at this point!!!!!  Right now, I am waiting on a superviser to call me back regarding all these problems I have been having.  Bottom line though.. due to these severe medical issues I am going through right now, I NEED a working phone!!!!!  (NOT one that goes out every day or few days)  Oh, and everytime I try to call them, I hear a recorded message from the head of Comcast stating something about some 'customer service guarantee' which is basically a bunch of BS!!!  I am 100% DISSATISFIED with my service and am currently comparing the few options (different companies) available in my area.  Sometimes there seems to come to a point in time where you have to tell yourself ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and move on!!! 

Contributor
simmonsalex123

i completly agree. the injustices this company has given me have motivated me to become more involved with my goverment. busineness have run rampid with lies and diceit. i think its time we put them in check and let them know who is feeding them. they are only alive to serve us not the other way around. we are the poeple and i want my voice to be heard.

Email Expert
CCCarole

carolina1993

The Adminitrator has been notified of your post.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
simmonsalex123

yes let them know. they days of us the people having to ask for our rights is coming to an end. this company doesn't seem to understand without us they are nothing. let us the people only support truthful, honest, and just companies for they are the only ones that have our interests at heart.

New Visitor
htonamie

couldn't agree with you more.  this company is pathetic.  i've had internet service with them for over a year, couldn't sustain a connection, slowest speed i've ever encountered.  comcast claimed it was because i was using my own router.  then the cable they installed in my home wasn't properly grounded so last week during a lightening storm, all my electronics were fried, including their modem and cable blox.  they brought a new one to me and because i had not replaced my television on the day they delivered the cable box, i connected the box to my "new television" . guess what?  can't get any channels.  call the 1-800 number; representative says, "there's a power outage in your area".  last night, i try again, no channels, call the 1-800 number.  this rep says there was never any power outage, that it was a trouble ticket left in there system from a week ago.  she swears she will call the local office and get someone to my house by 7:00 p.m. or call me back to tell me when they can get there.  no call, no service.  i am now reporting this company to the BBB, and i urge everyone who has unresolved issues with this company to do the same.  i'm tired of paying for service that i don't receive.  P.S.  i just signed with Windstream for my internet provider, extremely fast, and responsive service. 

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

simmonsalex123 wrote:

yes let them know. they days of us the people having to ask for our rights is coming to an end. this company doesn't seem to understand without us they are nothing. let us the people only support truthful, honest, and just companies for they are the only ones that have our interests at heart.

Wow!!! Count me in on that. What companies qualify as truthful, honest, and just?

Certainly not my power company which has a slogan "Always On". Really??? ALWAYS??? Then why does my power sometimes go out?

NO company has "our best interests at heart". Their only interest is making a profit.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
cmcstixfdup

Comcast is the very worst utility company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with in 40 years. Customer service is non-existant. I don't even think when you finally get through on the phone that you are even speaking to someone in the U.S. They are completely worthless as far as getting any help. Comcast makes complete lies as to what you will be getting and what you will be paying. If they tell you anything at all be sure to get it writing ahead of time.They will tell you anything to get you to sign a contract. FYI alot of other companies will buy your contract so you can get rid of comcast.

New Visitor
cmcstixfdup

If you have Comcast cut and RUN. they are the very worst utility company I have had the displeasure of dealing with in 40 years. They are complete liars. Their customer service is non-existant. When you finally get through on the phone I don't think you are even talking to someone in the U.S.

Regular Visitor

only on hold for 45 minutes!  I am usually on hold for 2-3 hours, than I am transferred and on hold again!  It seems that their ability to hire is as dismal as it is to provide service.

Contributor
tadeh1104

They're the absolute worst. I can't wait until we get DSL in my area because the first chance we get, we're switching. 

New Visitor
gdelie

This is my review... In short I'm very unhappy and feel as if I've been done over (polite term). About six months ago I set up service with the bonus of a $300 gift card promised.  I got phone, TV, and internet.  At that time I also set  up for my bill to be paid automatically with the customer agent....

Two months later I find out that I'm over due.  I call, pay the bill and find out that I was never set up with an automatic payment.  I go on line myself and set up automatic bill pay....

Two months later I find out that I'm over due again!  Comcast "no record of being setup"  I go on line again and again setup auto bill pay....

Two months later, you guessed it, I'm overdue again.. I call in and ask what is going on!  Comcast, " we show that you did setup bill pay last time but it takes several months to go through."  What about the gift card?  Comcast "Since you were overdue the first time you were disquaified"   I'm not happy. (very polite term).  Comcast then asks if there is anything else they can do.  I told them I have to think about this and hung up.  (many unpleasant thoughts at this time)

I call in again 20 minutes later and pay my bill and discontinue the auto bill pay that never worked.  Comcast can send paper bills from now on.

As I see it there are probably others that they did this to as a method of getting out of fulfilling their promise of a gift card.  When I paid my bill and I informed the person why I was unhappy he told me that the first person I talked to that day was wrong and that it only takes one billing cycle for auto pay to go into effect.  As far as I'm concerned Comcast broke our two year  agreement, I'm looking for another   provider.

Seeing this  many reviews shoud tell you something.  I don't cheat or lie and I expect the people I deal with to do the same.

Contributor
leopardchick

gdelie:

thanks for making me giggle with your thoughts in paranthesis!  I've never set up bill pay here (only with my car insurance and that's been working beautifully) but I've tried doing other things on this site and it's a nightmare.  I absolutely hate Comcast/Xfinity (the name has been changed so many times but the service, equipment & customer support have remained consistantly horrible...at least they're consistant about something! hee hee) and am really going to look into AT&T now.  All the channels that have been recently removed, changed (and stupid ones added) and the DVR that I keep needing to replace because the "hard drive" don't last are driving me absolutely insane!  They keep charging more, don't help their customers properly and the equipment is poorly made is enough to drive any human crazy!

Whew!  Thanks for letting me get that off my chest! lol

Oh and for everyone's info....if you ever need to have someone come out for service, request an ACTUAL Comcast employee and NOT a contractor/sub-contractor!  Actual employees WILL have the correct equipment with them and KNOW how to set it up (or whether you need to have an additional line brought into your house or not).  Contractors/Sub-contractors do not always have all the necessary equipment to full-fil your order...and some do but "loose" it...trust me, I've found out the hard way over the years.  I could go on about my horror stories but you all actually have a life and I want you to enjoy it instead of pitying me! :smileysilly:

Email Expert
CCCarole

I am notifying the Administrator of your post.

When you sign up for Auto Pay, it does tell you that it can take up to 45 days for it to be set up, and that you should make payments until then.  I know that doesn't help you now, but it is there. probably not the easiest to find though. :smileysad:

Here is the link to it:

https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/billing/setting-up-auto-payments/

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
nlss

WOULD NOT GET COMCAST 

This company can't even complete an installation. at least 30 min waiting every time I call to talk to them.. 

First i had set up an appointment for a Saturday, 11am - 1pm.. Comcast got at my apartment at 9am. For some reason they set it up for 9am - 11am, different than my request. As if I would be at my house at that time I would've requested that time, I wasn't home, and I missed the appointment. I called comcast then and after waiting 45 minutes on the phone, the agent said that they would go back and that I would be receving a call within 30 min.. after 1 1/2 hour I called back and a different agent said that she would request them to go back but that it wasn't 100% that they would, and that again, I would be receiving a call within 1 hour. Well, I am still waiting for the call.. it's been 3 days...

I called back and rescheduled for a Tuesday, 11am-1pm, and as it says on the website, the agent confirmed that I didn't have to be home, just someone 18 or older. I work all day long, I am not crazy to schedule something that I won't be able to attend if I have to. Well, they got at my apartment a little bit before 11am, but that was ok, I had someone there waiting but, because I wasn't there, they said that they couldn't do anything..

Calling COMCAST to see what is happening, first agent just didn't know what to do, put me on hold for 20 minutes until somebody else answered. This second agent asked me if I had left my ID.. well, I guess now we are supposed to leave it at home and walk around without a license. COME ON! When I told him that, he said that he didn't know how to answer that and without saying anything, he put me on hold for 35 more minutes until the next agent answer. After 1h 35min total, as I expected, she couldn't do anything so, I just cancelled the whole thing.

I guess direct TV got a new customer. 

New Visitor

Just had my "set to" with comcast.  Called to ask if they could lower bell it is almost $200  for cable and internet with no premium channels .  Okay  after getting thru the robot barricade i got to my second human and got a $20.00 reduction plus some more channels (which I so no need for) and when he added channels my tv s went out and when I called back again and finally got someone I was told it takes approx 3 hrs to recycle.  Huh  what is this .  One set comes on  4 more that have the 8.95 boxes did not . Oh yes we have to reset them .  What is SN  Huh.  All this because of an overpriced service.  They used to be so good when I first signed up with them many years ago I could call my local number and get tech help or office help in very good time so I paid the higher premium  Well that service is no more.  Not there best effort to keep customers.  .   

New Visitor
brownca2

I agree they have the worst billing of any provider. I also called for a less expensive plan and ened up paying more for stations I do not even want. Plus it took about 3 hours on the phone to get everything working again.I am going to start checking into other companies. Comcast has terrible pricing.

New Visitor
fofoandsoso

You are not telling the whole truth, whats een worse than their prices is their customer care !! an hour or two to talk to someone !! day and night they are experiencing high call volume !!!! what a mess !

New Visitor
cays33

IF YOU HAVE THE CHOICE DO NOT ORDER COMCAST/XFINITY

I recenlty moved to Florida and where I live there is no other option for service for TV, phone, and internet. I called Comcast and set up internet and basic cable a few months ago and up until now things have been fine. Some problems with internet (which turned out to be a problem with the modem they had sent which was an easy fix) but other than that, no problems. I recently decided to upgrade my cable service and found it would be cheaper to also include a phone package as well. I ordered service on Monday, Janueary 14, 2013 and was told that my new cable box and phone modem would arrive by Wednesday the 16th. I was also told that my order was complete and no other information was required. Friday came and no package was delivered. I called Comcast and asked what the progress was on the delivery of my equipment. The rep told me that I had not yet finished a third party verification and that my equipment had not yet been shipped. As upset as I was for the lack of communication I completed the third party verification and was then told that my equipment would be delivered in 1 to 2 business days. Since Monday was MLK day I figured Wednesday the 23rd. No package has arrived and the UPS man has already come and gone. I called Comcast asking if they had a tracking number from UPS to verify when my equipment would be delivered and once again the customer service rep told me that my order had not yet gone through due to the incomplete third party verification. Now wanting to cancel Comcast all together (although I can't because they are the only company offering service) I asked what I needed to do just to have the equipment delivered. The rep then told me that the original order had been cancelled and that new order was shown with the completion of the third party verification. When I asked her when the equipment would be delivered she said she didn't know and she couldn't even find verification that the equipment had been shipped. You would think that a company claiming to have superior customer service would take the time to contact the service center in an attempt to find the tracking number and to ensure the equipment has gone out. Nope, all I was told to do was wait until Friday and if the equipment didn't come in call back and try to find out what was going on. That is customer service? 

If you have the choice of going with another provider, do it. The lack of communication and customer service on the part of this company isn't worth the hassle. Finding someone else should be easy (given that it shouldn't be hard to find better customer support and compasion).  

New Visitor
Rumyr

I had Comcast for a year.  Service was OK, but support and billing are beyond terrible.  I was promised one price and billed over twice that.  When I spoke to a rep, after over forty minutes waiting, I was told that the price that I was quoted and emailed was changed, without notice.  I am now trying to cancel my service.  I have spent over ten hours on the phone over the past week and a half.  Twice I have spoken to reps.  One rep transferred me to the cancellation department, where I waited thirty minutes with no answer.  The next rep disconnected me wihile transferring me to cancellation, after I had been on for about thirty minutes.  I am trying again, this week to cancel Comcast...

Contributor
HumbleGal

[ Edited ]

Corporate Giants usually do not care of employees much less their own customers which are their backbone to stay afloat. But when people have nothing else to turn to what other option do you have? These giants are all wanting to Increase that bottom line. If something does not work offer them a better package at a higher price and they, the customer, will either bite or not. But the service will remain the same. So you find yourself paying more for nothing! And they are making gobs and gobs of money off of it and earning their bonuses. I now see the light!

Try calling the 800 numbers and getting to a Supervisor. Do you really believe you will be speaking to a supervisor or just another person in the next cubicle at an out source agency in another country? I have yet to speak to an American on the phones! And I feel like a robot everytime I am put on hold and transfered to the next available rep, just to repeat everything over and over again. They can not pass notes either? My problems are still unresolved going on years! Good luck trying to get yours fixed faster. They take their presious time! As your time is not valuable to them!

New Visitor
dealbreaker

We had a sales lady come to our door with comcast.  Offered 250 plus channels all the on demand, phone, blast internet, dvr and 2 other boxes for $132 a month plus $300 credit.  First bill came and we had a $254 bill.  Got that straightened out and didn't have another bill for a couple of months because of the credit.  Next bill was $144 and the bill after that was $166.  Bill seemed to keep going up.  We called comcast and they said they couldn't help us because it was a sales rep. that come to the door with the deal so we had to contact that sales rep. to get it worked out.  Tried calling for 3 days and no return call.  Thank goodness the sales rep. didn't fill in the amount of months we had to be locked in with comcast service on our contract!  We cancelled them today and went back to Directv!  Didn't like Comcast from the day we got them, the guide is very unorganized and it's not an easy task to search for a tv title. 

New Visitor

I am a very unhappy Comcast customer.  Prior, I had all three services.  In Dec. 2012, I moved my phone service to Century Link.  Since that time, I found that I could not receive many of my phone calls!!

Naturally, I thought this was a Century Link issue.  IT WAS NOT!  It was COMCAST.

I spent hours try to resolve this problem.

I called Comcast several times and spoke with their  porting in and porting out departments.  They assured me that everything related to my old number had been disconnected from the switch.

It was not until I got the WIN-BACK department involved that they finally acknowledged that they had NOT completely released my number.  After win-back was involved, the issued was fixed in 15 min.

This experience lead one to believe that Comcast does this INTENTIONALLY....hoping that it will force you to come back to them.

New Visitor
ashfire73

that is  exaclty what i am doing here i had  my bill up to current  ot my horro i  get  abill bill for 700 bucks that i don't owe produce proof  of payments  nad thye say i still i owe them 700 something bucks found  a  cheaper nad more sypther c  compnay hwo is bennding over backwards to work  with so long 

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

Ashfire73,

Keep an eye on your credit report and bank/credit card (if you signed up for 'auto' pay).  Across the internet, there are many, many horror stories about Comcast/Xfinity turning accounts over to collection that are NOT actually owed.  I'm sure many are just debts, but still ...

Also, if one cable/internet provider has "you" as owing and delinquent, it can mess up your chances to get service with another such provider.

wbienaime1

Absolute worst company. Don't even bother. Switching next month.