New Visitor
bbecerr2

comcast will not cancel service

I received a third Bill from Comcast today. I've never ordered service and would never want service with Comcast. I called two times already with the first two bills and both times the problem was supposedly taken care of. I don't know what else to do...
Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Re: comcast will not cancel service

How are you logging on to this forum if you are not a comcast customer?

New Visitor
bbecerr2

Because I used the account number on "my bill" they are sending me that's how!!! how else?
Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

OK, just asking. Calling the 800 number will be a waste of time. Just write on the bill and send it back, or walk in to a Comcast office and have them fix it. Good luck and don't expect much from them.

New Visitor
Percius

BBecerr2,

Write your local comcast office via certified mail.

Tell them.

1. Per the United States Fair Debt Collection Practices Act that you require proof of debt including a signed contract before any farther debt collections occur.

2. You require proof that the service was installed, activated and used.

3. You are notifying them that all services at "Insert service Address" are to be disconnected immediatly and retroactively.

The first 2 prevent them from perfomring debt collections until they show that the account owner signed a contract you are saying wasn't signted. The 3rd ensures that no future services are billed. 

The Certified copy protects you if you have to go farther and ensure that the letter gets a bit more attention.

Email Expert
CCCarole

bbecerr2 wrote:
I received a third Bill from Comcast today. I've never ordered service and would never want service with Comcast. I called two times already with the first two bills and both times the problem was supposedly taken care of. I don't know what else to do...

I escalated this to the Administrator.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.