New Visitor

customer retention

I've been a comcast customer for a while now, and the  rates have gone up and up. I just want TV and Internet, no phone. I don't need lots of extras. The competition is now available in my area, and I am thinking of switching because I see no evidence that comcast loves me. Yes, comcast, do you have customer retention offers? I don't want to be spending $117 per month on tv & internet. I can go elsewhere, but I want to give comcast a chance before I jump ship. I am not asking for much, just for my bill to drop back to the $80 per month it used to be, and maybe some credit for the months since the rates were raised. Does anyone know of any 'special deals' for existing customers? I don't need or want 'triple play'. just double play and fair play, and a decent rate for the foreseeable future.
Connection Expert
EG

Re: customer retention

Try your luck with a phone call.
New Visitor

Good luck with that. I am thinking of jumping ship also. They offer all kinds of deals to "new" customers but do nothing to want to acknowledge or thank their long time existing never been late on a payment customers. But I guess they did something right to keep my dumb **bleep** paying every month regardless how much things cost until I sat here today writing this post.
Email Expert
CCCarole

If you decide to call Comcast, ask for the Retention Department and see what they say.  I would not threaten to leave unless you are prepared to do that tho.  I don't know what extras you have associated with your TV service,or what tier you are on for Internet, but I can tell you that my bill is much higher than yours (I don't have phone service either) my bill is high because we have mutiple HD boxes/service... those extras that my husband wants do add up.  I have been with Comcast for many,many years, have only had to have a Tech out maybe twice in those years, so I am happy with the service and would not consider switching. .. First I would look into what I can cut back on.  Just my opinion. 

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Problem Solver
DoubleG

I seem to remember Comcast over the past couple years had giving me several possibly 3 free speed upgrades without charging me. So I guess I got something from them to keep me as a customer.
New Visitor

I have been a customer for 15 years and feel the same as you. I'd just like to be given a break on the prices for a few months like new customers get.

I called customer support and they offered $10 a month off my $200 bill. I told them I would need to look at other options and they didn't seem to care. I have scheduled a disconnect a few weeks out while I search for other TV and Internet options.

So much for loyalty.

New Visitor

It is all about the "churn percentage" in the business. Account exec's get paid commission. The more people switch from one provider to another, the more the churn... AE's love it and the $$$$

One of the bad side effects, as far as the consumer is concerned, is that carriers are making contracts longer and more expensive to get out of.

Regular Visitor

I would suggest giving them a call, telling them you'd like to lower your bill and asking what offers they might have available that you qualify for.  I have had luck doing this.  They will typically find a lower cost plan for you or more services (additional channels, faster internet, etc.) for what you are paying now.  Don't do the online chat - I did that, they quoted a great rate then told me to call customer service to get it.  Customer service didn't have that deal, but did find me something to save me some money and get a lot more.  Don't call angry or with an attitude, just tell them you'd like to find a lower rate with them before considering your other options.  Good luck!
Recognized Contributor
bpkilgore

Without all the extras, comcast's rates are competitive with the rest, I have never had problems with comcast, and have had internet and cable for a long time. I get what I can afford, and that's the way it is. :smileyhappy:
New Visitor

I agree, old reliable customers are better than new sub.

New Visitor
squeezedconsumr

I'm wondering if it's regional differences in service. I've been with Comcast for 8 years and it's been nothing but headaches with them. I live in the DC area and in that time I've gone through 4 modems, and five DVR boxes. My bill is a constant game of 'guess how much I'll be this month?'. It's never the same, usually nothing big - just a few bucks more month-to-month, despite making no change to my services. I'll also occassionally get the nasty surprise - a jump of $70 or $100 bucks because the magical package has expired. I've also had packages that were supposed to be a year expire after 6 months. Nothing but headaches and drama with them. The billing surprises have me on the phone with them probably every 6 months (I just pay the small differences) or so. I usually have to be very firm, bordering on confrontational, which I don't enjoy and could be avoided if they'd just run a slightly more customer friendly shop. I'm seriously considering switching (this was not an option until about 2 years ago) or even getting ridding of cable entirely. Comcast and their competitors need to understand that with iPads and Hulu and Netflix, there are options.

New Visitor
hinson54

I'm having my issues with comcast right now so I took my concerns to the better business bureau to mitigate my concerns, well the ball got rolling and waiting for somebody at the excutive to call me back with the bottom line. The person I'm spaking to gave me the number to the retention department directly, and is working on getting my bill straightend out.I'm really happy that i'm blessed with a lady that knows her stuff and takes pride in what she is doing granted enough that comcast does have their issues with customer service. All in all i'm grateful for having the lady today to resolve my billing concerns.My bottom line is if you can't honor my agreement I have then I will turn in your equiptment and call it a  day.