Visitor

"Movers Edge" is uselss

My wife and family moved to a beautiful new house.  In planning the move, we wanted to make sure our Comcast service was not interrupted during our move so we went online to their "Movers Edge" area and planned our upcoming move.  Before we moved, we call on our comcast phone and confirmed our comcast services had been moved and all we had to do was call a number that was provided, once we were moved and whoala, everything would work as if nothing happened... well there was nothing further from the truth.  

After we moved and got all set up, we turned on our TV and called the magic number provided.  Daughter popped popcorn so we can sit in the new house and enjoy a movie, but alas, we would be watching old DVDs that night..... and the next WEEK!!! At lease when we did call the magic number, our wifi was on.  I rely on the internet to make a living.  We called and a tech was going to be out the following day to figure out what was happenening with our service.  Monday, the next morning, my mother was at the residence waiting for the tech, which we called in advance and made sure this was fine, which by Comcast policy it is, while my wife an I went off to work to earn more money to pay more comcast bills. While at work, RUEBEN arrived at our new house and told my mother that the account holder had to be on site before any work can be done.  My mother was able to get my wife on the phone with RUEBEN.  While on the phone with RUEBEN my wife was asked if I was the account holder that she had been on the bill with me for for well over 10 years.  My wife explained to RUEBEN that I was working out of town but that comcast stated there would be no problem with ANYONE over 18 being there at the time of service. Well RUEBEN had another policy.  RUEBEN's policy was to refuse performing any work at all.  Not only did RUEBEN refuse to work on the house we were already supposed to have service to... on his professional way out, RUEBEN felt it necessary to disconnect our internet services on his way out.. guess he could perform work after all.  Bad thing is, as mentioned, I need our internet connection to run a business... I am now paying Comcast to lose money for me.  Better yet we called right back and the next scheduled tech service could not be scheduled until 6 days later on a Sunday afternoon.  That was not acceptible to me.  I started my 1st of 12 phone calls being made false promises by supervisors, Kim and Kate telling me they were suprised by the service, lack there of, and oddasity of RUEBEN.  Finally. on Friday (7) days after my "worry free moYeah! Right!  Well I'm a guy who travels a LOT and watch a lot of TV, control my DVR and even have a phone app to change channels and set recordings from around the globe since I'm rarely home.  Well, along with moving the old equipment to my new house, "do not have any devices" that can be linked to as I did with my previous accoount before scheduling the "Movers Edge" move to the new place.  So in chatting with Comcast to try and get this fixed so I can enjoy my tv on the go. like I did before this comcastmare began 21 days ago. I had to provide my address I moved from to the address I moved to.  Provide user name/password, login to my "old" account and provide them that number, the last 4 of my SSN and my Comcast issued PIN number..... PIN? Well I have a few go to PINS I have always reset my passwords to for just sort of an issue.... wrong again... so While chatting with Manuel he had the where with all to tell me the PIN he needs to activate the old equipment that did work before my "movers edge" awesomeness, I was told that Manuel can all the Comcast Digital Voice phone line associated with my account...Alas, we have found something RUEBEN had screwed up on his way out.  So Manuel's solution, "for my security" could not set my PIN to our PIN previous to moving and would have to mail it.... in 10-15 business days.  So here I sit, traveling on busuness in my downtime wanting to watch my shows and prograns I pay one heck of a premium for to only be disappointed by this company yet again..... I can not wait for all of this to be behind me and move on with my entertained, hassle free life.... the direcTV gets installed tomorrow.... interresting, I just called them this afternoon..... Good luck to whomever decides to stay with this company of many owners of people that will do everything in their power not to assist you in anyway.  God Speed!  :smileycry:

I have made 13 phone calls, 3 chat sessions totalling 15 hors of my life wasted for this company.  If I get a comcast bill this month I am sending it to the CEO and asking for payment.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Re: "Movers Edge" is uselss

Sorry to hear about you issues with Comcast. I let Comcast know about your problems and have requested that someone from corporate customer service reach out to you. They typically will respond in this thread and/or to you directly.