New Visitor
coyotechow

"Xfinity Insider?"

Everytime I call I hear the electronic voice say "AH, I see you are one of our Xfinity Insiders—one of our most valued customers."  However, this is never, ever borne out.  I do not get anything "extra" that would prove I am valuable to Comcast (if I do have access to something, I don't know what it is) and when late with payments, they turn off my cable just like they would any other customer. 

Secondly, if they are going to interrupt my service WHY ON EARTH DO THEY SEND A LETTER BY MAIL?  IT'S LIKE THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY DO FOR A LIVING? They could call me, or send me an email, or send me a message through the TV— "Hey we're going to shut off your service!" Then, I would get up and make a payment that I had neglected.  Instead, we get letters.  Hey Comcast/Xfinity -- you are in the electronics business— use your servcie, not the United States Postal Service.

Lastly, when I called for customer service the other day, I was told that "I was not getting what I paid for" in terms of upload speeds and download speeds (I took a screenshot to verify this).   This had obviously been going on for months- and do you know what Xfinity did for this "Insider?"  Nothing.   

To recap: I don't hold up my end of the bargain, my service is interrupted, which I find out when I read my mail.   If they don't hold up their bargain (i.e. not giving me what I have been paying for and they have been advertising) they say "oops."     Now, they could have done something inexpensive and simple like "we'll give you one free Pay-per-view movie" or  "We'll replace your old modem for Free" or "How does two free AA batteries sound?"  Any gesture, any at all, that backed up the fact that I am an Xfinity Insider would have been acceptable.

Instead they said "oops" and just moved on.  Nothing.  

In conclusion, the people who answer the phone are nice.  The service is OK.   But clearly they have no interest in really making their customers feel special.   Sad, but not shocking.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: "Xfinity Insider?"

Xfinity Insider is nothing special.

Yesterday I received an email from Xfinity Insider.

It tells me I can get Exclusive holiday deals from Universal Parks, Hallmark, and more!

Book a Universal Orlando 3-Night Getaway and Get an Added Bonus

Enjoy 2 FREE days of the Universal Dining Plan – Quick Service as an Insider exclusive bonus! Journey with your family through five remarkable islands where all your favorite myths, legends, and stories come to life at Universal's Islands of Adventure®. Right next door at Universal Studios®, you'll go behind the scenes and right into the action of your favorite movies.

Also, there were offers for the following:

Save 30% on Hallmark personalized greeting cards

Hallmark Channel is spreading holiday cheer (and savings!) all day and night this Christmas season. Share your holiday wishes in fun new ways and save 30% off your personalized greeting card order.

Save $10 at the Discovery Store  

Get $10 off a purchase of $50 or more at discoverystore.com

Xfinity Insider is not as wonderful as they make it sound.

About the past due/disconnect notices

You can opt in to having alerts sent to your email address. Follow the directions in this post to set up alerts http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Billing/How-to-View-Pay-your-bill-Online-and-or-Secure-your-Account/m-p...

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
coyotechow

Thanks for your reply Queen-Evie.

Yes, nothing special being an "Xfinity Insider," but it's especially ironic when a recorded voice tells me I'm special while they're disconnecting my service because they aren't intelligent enough to send me notices through the phone or cable or internet, but rely on the mail.    

Verizon, my wireless company sends me text-- they know I have a wireless phone.   How come Comcast doesn't know they power three of my main forms of digital communications?   Mail isn't one of them.  

I don't expect anything from Comcast except what I pay for.  But the troubleshooting my service issue told me I was getting less than 50% of what I pay for downloads and uploads.  So even though I'm "Xfinity Insider" and they're not the US Mail the very least they could do is apologize for months of shorting me my rightfully due service.     Not even give me anything, just apologize.   Instead of going on Twitter or Facebook to complain, I thought I would post in their forums, to see if they were even reading them.  

It would be nice to hear their rationale for shorting me my service, calling me an insider, and then disconnecting my service after mailing me notices.   I don't expect much, but it would be nice.   

It is Christmas time, after all.

New Visitor

I just received my first email telling me about XfinityInsider.  I typed in the website address and got the following message from Firefox:

"You have asked Firefox to connect securely to www.xfinityinsider.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.  Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified."

New Visitor
reggiearmstrong

Comcast customer service is the worst in the industry. When you call all you get is the run around. Why is issuing credits to your account when your service is not working so difficult to receive?