New Visitor

sending back equipment

I just received the boxes to send our equipment back, our modem and cable boxes.  There was only one shipping label and there are two boxes.  Help??
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: sending back equipment

Call Comcast and request another label.

OR make your own. If they are pre-paid shipping labels, you will have to spring for the cost of sending one of the boxes.

Also, when you send them back, send them registered mail. Someone will have to sign for them when received. This way you will have proof that you sent them and they were received. Comcast has been known to lose track of returned equipment. You'll be thinking all is well, and then boom-receive a bill demanding that you pay for the modem and cable boxes. You need proof that you did indeed return them.

It's better to take them to a Comcast office, where you can get a receipt, but if that's not an option for you at least do something to have the proof of return.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Excellent post Evie!  My son had a situation, NOT Comcast tho- and received a bill for the cable box he returned to their cable office when he moved.  Fortunately, he made sure he got a receipt when he dropped the box off and was able to present it to that cable company along with that very costly bill they had sent him in error.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

I returned 2 dvr's and a cable modem in 2007 and cancelled my Comcast services. Three months later, I get 3 letters (one for each piece of equipment) from a collection agency, informing me that I had to pay for non-returned equipment. According to Comcast, I owed them for 2 dvr's and a cable modem. I immediately retrieved the return receipts, and then called Comcast. I gave them the invoice numbers from the receipts, they looked them up, and didn't find them. Ended up having to take them to the local office to get it straightened out.  It took less than 30 seconds to take care of the issue.  After I got home, I called Comcast back and told the rep I didn't appreciate getting those letters because of something Comcast failed to do.  Then I called the collection agency, and told them what was going on. They said Comcast would have to contact them. My reply: It's all taken care of, I showed them the return receipts dated 3 months ago, and DO NOT SEND ME ANY MORE NOTICES CONCERNING THIS MATTER. If I get another notice for the equipment, I'll be extremely angry at you and Comcast.

Message Edited by Queen-Evie on 01-25-2009 11:23 PM

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.