Contributor
refuz2bmsled

visa gift card scam and meaning of "good standing" account status, lies

[ Edited ]

I signed up for the xfinity triple deal with $250.00 visa gift card promotion online as a new customer back in April 2012. Being a seasoned consumer that is fully aware of the tricks and loop holes that companies practice to try to get out of doing what they promise, I spoke with numerous customer service reps through online chats and on the telephone to get clarification on the rules of the this promotion with emphasis on the "good standing" meaning. I even had the customer service reps verify that the information they were giving me was correct with their supervisors. They placed me on hold numerous times to do so. Bottom line they told me that as long as i did not incur the late fee, my account would be considered in "good standing". So after I had not received my $250.00 gift card in December 2012 i sent an inquiry to the email listed in these forums as a means to have your issue on the gift cards resolved. Afterwards, I received a letter from Gwen O-B a Comcast Executive Customer Care Team Rep to contact her about my issue. I was wondering why i would need to explain my entire issue again. Shouldn't they just look into their system, apply the rules of the promotion to my account, determine that i had adhered to all of the guidelines which qualified me for the gift card and just issue me the gift card. Plain and simple, right?

Wrong!!!

Following the New Year I called Gwen O-B back and she proceeded to inform me that I had paid my account late for at least 7 months and the third party vendor that issues the cards had disqualified me. I responded that I may have paid my bill after the date on it. However, i had never been disconnected nor charged a late fee for paying after at date. I also informed her as to what was explained to me by numerous customer service reps about the qualifications for the gift card. She then told me that I had signed up online for the promotion and that the customer service reps on the phone could not speak on the rules for internet promotions. Which is ludicrous. I am sure that Comcast would not retain nearly as many customers if the customers enrolling online could not get help from telephone Reps about their promotions and accounts. I told her if that is so, then that is her company's problem and whoever trains your reps is responsible for informing them of what they are allowed to discuss with internet enrollees over the phone. And as far as the third party issuer of the cards go, again, her company needs to communicate with them as to how they adhere to the rules of their negotiated promotions. Comcast and the third party gift card issuer need to be truthful when they review customer's accounts and deem the customer qualified/disqualified for the promotion.

She told me she would have to listen to the recorded conversations that i had with the customer service reps about the meaning of "good standing" and get back to me on next Wednesday, a week later. This is the craziest. it is also an insult because she should be fully aware of what the terms of their promotions mean. If she applied he rules truthfully, she would see that i qualified for my promised $250.00 gift card. I should not have to wait for her to pull recorded conversations. And if she is not aware of the rules then she shouldn't tell customers anything, (as she stated telephone reps shouldn't speak on internet plans) let alone denying them promised goods, until she is made aware of them. i know what i was told. i printed out and still had all of the information and the contract concerning the promotion i had signed up for. Which said i would be able to watch my recorded dvr shows on any tv, and that feature never works. I even have the brochure they mailed me 6 months into my contract that invites me to join the "xfinity insider" program. In the brochure it states that this program is available only to great customers "with accounts in good standing".

And YES, I still have it all.

She can pull all the recorded conversations she wants. She also got upset with me for being, rightfully so, agitated about the scam she is trying to pull. Saying we both can't talk at the same time and that she needed time to go back through my phone conversations because i waited so long to contact her after i had already sent the email to whoever was supposed to handle it after receiving my account information and everything else they ask you to include in that email. Really, she was telling me to shut up so that she could continue to lie and try to beat me out of what her company had promised me? On top of that, you want me to wait another week so that you can try to catch me in lie about what i was told through recorded conversations? That is exactly why i keep everything and demand clear answers. This whole process is ridiculous and should be illegal. I thought that you were innocent until proven guilty in this country. With Comcast it is the other way around. Why does the customer have to prove their innocence and demand that you follow your own rules?

I can not wait another second so that Comcast and their Third party Partners can continue to try and cheat me. Furthermore, Comcast and their third party partners should go back through all those disqualified accounts and review them to give those consumers what they promised to give them for signing up and adhering to the rules of whatever promotion they were offering. They know full well that they are denying these consumers what is rightfully theirs in hopes that they will not be able to prove that they have jumped through all the hidden loop holes. even though comcast and the third party partner already sees that the customer does qualify. I can't believe this company is still allowed to do this to people. The forums on this topic dates back years. Yet, all you they are doing is asking customers to email that account/rep. Then they will get another Comcast Executive Customer Care Team Rep telling them that they actually didn't qualify, under false pretenses.

After my conversation with Gwen O-B, I have no faith that she has any intentions of giving me what i was promised, or else she would have started out the conversation with telling me that i was disqualified from the beginning by paying my bill late. She said she was recording our conversation too. That is what they are told to do, so I have no faith in her superiors, because they know full well what is going on.

I won't stand for "good standing" lies.

Contributor
refuz2bmsled

Re: visa gift card scam and meaning of "good standing" account status, lies

I'll continue to send my complaint to any and every consumer advocacy group that I possibly can. There are numerous phone conversations that I have had with Comcast dating back to when I first signed up, Most during the opt-out period because I did not want to be set up to fail. I would have cancelled the service and contract before I was locked in. There are plenty of conversations where they can hear me asking plenty of questions. I also asked for clarity and confirmation of accuracy on the answers to my questions during those phone calls. She needs to listen to them all and I also want a copy of those recorded conversations.
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

gift card issues should follow these instructions.   you can also pm the comcast rep listed there is you need more assistance.  No need to write a book.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Customer-Service/UPDATED-Visa-Card-Issue-Instructions/td-p/1047467

Contributor
refuz2bmsled

if you could read "a book", you would see that i have already done that. that is how i got in contact with the women from the "comcast executive customer care team" rep, after sending my information to that email address. if you are not going to or cant read my post to comprehend what i am saying then please don't post snide remarks with useless links.
New Visitor

The thing to do is contact the Better Business Bureau. They should be able to help, if not contact the District Attorney. This may sound like a lot of work. However this is the only way we "the customers in good standing" can stop the the lies and scams. You will get results. Take the time to do to Xfinityinsider.com what they are doing to us! If you keep in contact with them let them know all the is said will be sent to the BBB & the District Attorney.

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

rog gave you good advice. Your GIANT paragraph is unreadable. You are not helping your cause.

Contributor
refuz2bmsled

if you can't read it then don't. nobody is forcing you to. how would you know what will help my cause? Maybe it's because you speak for the enitire world of people who hasn't made the attempt to write multiple "unreadable paragraphs" and have them ultimately show as one big "unreadable paragraph" after clicking post. If you feel it's not worth it to read, then maybe it isn't worth it for you to reply.

Contributor
refuz2bmsled

yeap deeds1v,

im on a mission i guess. just wish i could spend the time used for that on things that i feel are more important.  i didn't think i would have to fight so hard with an establishment, that provides public service, to prove that there is no gray area in certain things. when it comes to right and just plain wrong, it's easier teaching it to toddlers. i can't believe that i'm the only person who has had that experience.

Contributor
refuz2bmsled

was finally able to edit my entry a little on a different computer forum readers. for those who felt my initial book to be unreadble, there's still no need for you to reply.

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

If you pay your bill late for 7 months, you are disqualified from the gift card promotion. You will not be able to change that.

Contributor
refuz2bmsled

barbie123, i don't think you will understand what i'm saying no matter how it shows up on your screen. so please don't respond. obviously, you are not a contributor that is able to offer suitable advice on this subject. you can move on to another post. maybe you can offfer your services elsewhere.

thanks anyway.

Email Expert
CCCarole

refuz2bmsled wrote:

barbie123, i don't think you will understand what i'm saying no matter how it shows up on your screen. so please don't respond. obviously, you are not a contributor that is able to offer suitable advice on this subject. you can move on to another post. maybe you can offfer your services elsewhere.

thanks anyway.

refuz2bmsled:

Your  thread has been escalated to the Administrator.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
lwmcfarlin

Don't bother.  I went with Comcast a couple years back for a gift card deal and never got it.  I cancelled, went to DISH and found myself in worse company.  I went to DirecTV after that, about as bad as DISH except bundled with CenturyLink phone/internet and they make all the tv guys look like saints.

So I went back to Comcast and signed up for a Visa gift card offer I knew I wouldn't receive.  That was back in March 2012.  I went through all the ropes the first time around to get my card and it just didn't happen (I listed myself in some thread posted here by admins, I emailed some address they said to email, I called, I gave up).  It's not going to happen this time either but, let's face it:  There isn't a decent television/internet provider in the United States.

Email Expert
CCCarole

If you are having trouble getting your Visa card or the credit, please send an email to the We Can Help Team for assistance.  They have been very good at resolving this issue.

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Please include all of the following in your email:

Service address

The full name on your account

Home phone number & an alternate number where you can be reached if possible

Your Comcast Account number

A link to this Thread

A detailed description of the problems

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
refuz2bmsled

I have sent the complaint to a lot of agencies. I had a Comcast Rep call me back with more bull, quoting terms from a contract she just looked up on their current website, which of course says that I don't qualify. But that contract was not the one I signed up for and those terms she read were not on my contract. she tried to issue me a credit based off the wrong contract. A credit is not what I signed up for nor was that contract she read from. Why would she offer me a credit if it were true that I didn't meet the terms of the contract. This is just part of their strategy to get out of actually giving the gift card that consumers are warranted. Who says I want to use my gift card to pay their bill? I can but I don't have too. I want what I was promised. It's my choice on where and how I use it. Either way, I have to pay their bill every month, right? This is part of their plan to keep the credits within their company and it's unacceptable.

Why all the hassle?

Contributor
refuz2bmsled

[ Edited ]

The comcast rep just called a gain and said the card was sent out on July 15 and it was returned to sender. So they will try to send it again. That is a lie because my contract would not have allowed it to be sent out that soon. My contract states a certain number of months to be in good standing. That date is too early. Plus, why couldn’t all the rest of the people see that it was issued and "returned to sender"?  Comcast's bills sure get delivered "THROUGH MY MAIL SOT IN MY DOOR". I don't have to go to a mailbox to retrieve my mail, it's through my door. so, who returned it to sender? The Post Office? How many times do they have to attempt to deliver a piece of mail before you can "return it to sender"?

Every other comcast rep told me my account noted that I was disqualified for the gift card (for reasons that went against my signed contract). I can't chalk this up to maybe a few people made a mistake. This has been happening for years. Yet, comcast has continued to fail at educating their staff, at creating a system that can accomadate their customers adequately, at providing quality customer, etc.

The list of this company's short comings which effect consumers go on and on.

Yet, comcast continues to create and offer new promotions that comcast very well knows will lure consumers into a contract that comcast has no intentions on owning up to.

They are clearly all just a bunch of liars and I can't take it. The comcast rep new that was a lie before she called me back. One of her superiors told her to say that. They did it without even having a clue of to what my actual contract stated.

When is it going to stop?!!! Someone please help me!!!!!

Official Employee
ComcastMelissa

I'm sorry for the ongoing trouble.  I reviewed the notes here and followed up with my Beltway contacts.  I do apologize for the poor experience but we are working to get the card out to you.  Please be assured we will see you get the card as promised.  

Melissa Mendoza
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@comcast.com
New Visitor
KellyRae

I am totally and completely disgusted with Comcast. I plan on contacting the State's Attorney General in Washington and filing a complaint with the BBB. This bait and switch to get someone onboard and into a 2 year contract has left me physically ILL!!! I plan on pursuing every option, including going to the media to warn customers against signing up with Comcast and falling for their phony gift card scam!!! 

"Good stand" apparently means that if you were a day late on one of your months in the first 90 days you are disqualified from eligibility. 

I was a relatively happy customer with Comcast until this. I am upset beyond words to have been cheated by Comcast. Is all of this BAD press and BAD customer relations worth the money???