Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: where is the $200 prepaid visa card?

@ jcr1910

Go here:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Customer-Service/UPDATED-Visa-Card-Issue-Instructions/m-p/1047467/messa...

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
doakers

I am having the same problem.  I tried calling into comast customer service today with no success.  I was passed along to several representatives before they told me to email another company that is dealing with the cards.  I see that this thread has been solved with the same problem.  What can I do to have my issue with the prepaid card resolved as well?  Thank you for any help!

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

New Visitor
GooberJLM

I emailed the customer service email provided in another post regarding not receiving our rebate. How long does it take to receive a response?

New Visitor
brendoncapoen

"Never Received $150. Gift card"  Customer service is truly dead

I have also been a comcast customer since August 2011 and was baited over from Verizon. It took 2 weeks for Comcast to trench the new cable run, also when I ordered Comcast via online they advised I would receive a $150.00 VIsa Gift card.. As I suspected no luck. Every time I inquire about this offer, they advise my account shows not record of this offer or I have had on instance in which the representative argued with me stating they never offered this incentive. I have to call monthly about billing questions, I am about to cancel my Comcast. Furious..False advertising,,

New Visitor
dpatrickfrance

I too have not gotten my card and we signed up in October 2011

Also, our bill is off the charts expensive.  May have to change service providers.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Click on this clickable link please:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Customer-Service/UPDATED-Visa-Card-Issue-Instructions/m-p/1047467/messa...

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
cableguyflorida

same issue... we did not get the gift card we were promised? has anyone ever gotton it?

Visitor
VTgl4

[ Edited ]

My service was activated Fenruary 2011.  Still have not received my $200 gift card.  I have dealt directly with a Sales Rep, who is no longer returning my emails.  I have also been directed to the "checkmyrebate" website and talked to the people there, but it still says no record exists when I try and check my status there.  I was told in September that my gift card would arrive in "6-8 weeks", this was a portion of the email chain I received from the aformentioned sales rep:

For the sake of time, I’ll submit the account for fulfillment of the check, please inform the customer to allow 6-8 weeks for processing and delivery.

I may be wrong, but I think early March 2012 is more than 6-8 weeks past Spetember 2011.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  Thanks.

Visitor
VTgl4

And BTW I have follwed the link thats been posted every other post to email Elise S. or whatever her name is.  And thanks ComcastLarry for editing my post.  We wouldn't want people to be able to see the email of parties responsible for sending out the gift cards and , you know, hold them responsible for doing their job.

While I'm in a ranting mood, I figure I'll post all the stuff I've been through with Comcast over the past 14 months:

1.  During first installation appointment, technician realized he needed a bucket truck to reach the telephone poll to activate my service outside on the street.  He couldn't get one that day, and of course, despite my address being in Comcast's system already, they didn't care to flag my address as needing a bucket truck.  New appt. set for the next weekend.

2.  One week later, Comcast doesn't show for their appt. and of course I didn't get credited $20 as you advertise on TV.

3.  The following weekend, technician shows up...WITHOUT A BUCKET TRUCK!  Despite the fact that I called 3 times during the week to make sure they sent someone with the truck.  Technician has to climb a ladder 20 feet into the air, over a car, WHILE I HOLD THE THING!  Didn't know it was Comcast's policy to encourage customer participation in the installation process.

4.  5 months after installation I call about Visa gift card, get nowhere.  Talk to a local sales rep, and he looks into it for me.  Takes another 2 months to hear anything back on his end.

5.  One of my DVRs dies on me.  Starts constantly freezing and then totally dies.

6.  I spend 3 hours on the phone trying to activate my new/replacement DVR.  Something about rate codes...I don't know.  I'm transferred back and forth to different people, all of whom are not talking to each other so I have to constantly repeat my problem and TELL THEM what they have to do.  Once again, I seem to be doing more work than Comcast.

7.  Look at bill and realize I'm being charged for my second DVR.  I call and question this because I was given the 2nd one for free when I picked it up at the office.  Apparently Comcast noticed the mistake after I had to call them to set up my replacement.  Why should I have to pay for something that Comcast told me was free?  Own your mistake Comcast, don't punish me.

8.  Get an email from my sales rep saying 6-8 weeks until my card arrives.  Fast forward to now, still no card.

9.  Go to the "CheckMyRebate" website and call the phone number.  Woman tells me 15 business days until my status is logged on the website.  Well past the 15 days and it still doesn't recognize my acct number.  She also mentioned that my issue had been sent on to corporate.  Amazing, even at the corporate level I still hear/get nothing.

I've worked for Marriott before.  Do you know what would happen if I had this much trouble with them?  I'd get a personalized Christmas card from Bill Marriott himself.

I can't wait until I can choose someone, anyone besides Comcast.

New Visitor
jasoncann

I am glad to see that this problem is being looked into.  We signed up april 13, 2012 and were told we would have our Visa pre-paid card in 4-6 after starting service.  It's now been that long and haven't received it yet.  We are supposed to receive either a $250 or $300 card (can't remember exact amount).  I sent an email to customer service tonight inquiring about the card.  I hope this is resolved ASAP.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg
New Visitor
Travismemmott84

We are suppose to get a $250 gift card and after 6 monthes still have not seen it. Do I need to make a complaint to the BBB or will this get resolved?

Visitor
JL_TD

Signed up for triple play was installed 2/14, to this date no word about our visa only get the run around. Came across a forum that said to email my account info and phone number still haven't heard anything from anyone. What do I have to do to get this resolved?

Email Expert
CCCarole

You may send an email to the We Can Help Team at:  We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

.Please include all of the following in your email:

Service address

The full name on your account

Home phone number & an alternate number where you can be reached if possible

Your Comcast Account number

A link to this Thread

A detailed description of the problem

OR:

Broadband Reports Comcast Direct Forum or via Twitter.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor
lashawna1

I am also waiting for a VISA for $300

The installation tech told me that he was surprised it wasn't there by the time of my installation.  I chatted with a rep online and she said that it was on its way.  I signed up because the card was going to cover my installation fees and start up costs...because that is what I was told.  Now I am short $300 and there is no card.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: I am also waiting for a VISA for $300

The Installation Rep was not correct.  You have to have service for 90 days with no late payments before a card is even processed.  Read my previous post above yours to contact the We Can Help Team.

New Visitor
tammy618

I have the same issue. Promised a 250.00 visa card if I did the triple play package which i did. now i call comcast About this numerous times and only get the run around. all quoted from comcast " we dont see your account" 'oh the package u got did not include a visa card" "you have to wait six weeks" "you did not sign up online" to answer all these

IF I DONT HAVE AN ACCOUNT HOW TO DO U SEND ME A 220.00 BILL EVERY MONTH

UMM WHAT DO U MEAN IT DONT COME WITH IT, THEN WHY DID IT HAVE THE BIG RED 250.00 VISA CARD IF YOU CHOOSE THIS PACKAGE(WHICH I WAS NOT GOING TO CHOOSE THAT ONE UNTIL I SEEN YOU GOT THE 250.00 VISA CARD.

THIS IS OCT 17TH, I GOT COMCAST//XFINITY MAY 1ST

YES I DID SIGN UP ONLINE MATTER OF FACT YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON CAME ON AND TALKED TO ME FOR A FEW MINS TO VERIFY WHAT I WANTED. WHICH OF COURSE IM NOT DUMB I SAVED EVERYTHING INCLUDING CONVERSTIONS ONLINE.

Now after all this im still told oh u did not get the correct package but u can go online and get another package. what the heck for i have hbo, showtime, cinemax, startz oncore what now u want me to order the sex channels just to get my card??

guess its time to make some phone calls, fradulant offers, hmmm better business bueru maybe even a lawyer. 

New Visitor
gitrdunhottie2

who do i get ahold of for my visa giftcard

Email Expert
CCCarole

Send an email to the We Can Help Team.

Include all of the following:

Full name
Service address
Phone number
Account number
A link to this thread
Full details of the problems

New Visitor
sding609

I haven't received mine yet. Though it's only 50 bucks.

Email Expert
CCCarole

sding609 wrote:

I haven't received mine yet. Though it's only 50 bucks.

Send the email to the We Can Help Team as I posted above in an earlier post.

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Please include all of the following in your email:

Service address

The full name on your account

Home phone number & an alternate number where you can be reached if possible

Your Comcast Account number

A link to this Thread

A detailed description of the problems

New Visitor
CalyGreen

We are not having the same issues.... We signed up September 23, 2012. When calling we were told that we needed to check the rebate website. So here we are 18 weeks and some days later and I get this message: "

"Our records indicate that you are not eligible because the level of service on the account did not meet the minimum eligibility requirements."

Seriously?? Hello we pay for the HAD Premier Bundle Xf Triple Play for $214.95 a month...... How the heck does that not meet the requirements?? Seriously considering canceling my service due to their breech of contract!! Then hiring an attorney to sue them! This is getting stupid and now that I see I'm not the only one I think maybe a class action suit would get under their skin..... HELLO FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!

New Visitor
cyriouslydylan

I had the exact same issue. I waitied on hold for two and a half hours, while tweeting to Comcast about the excessive wait. A representative reached out to me and said I would be getting a call shortly. Two days later (Sunday) I get a call, and they inform me that all payments had to be made on time for the first three months, otherwise you lose elligibility. We missed one of the first payments by a few days - the operator also remarked how we had been perfect since then - which removed our elligibility.

At first I was told the only requirement was to sign a 2 year contract. Then I was told I had to pay for three months in a row on time to get it, then I was told that it had to be the FIRST three months, and if you miss that, then you are no longer elligible.

I filed a complaint with the FCC for deceptive advertising practices, and I encourage you to do the same.
http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

Contributor

I was promised the VISA card if I switched my telephone over to Xfinity for a Triple Play. After not receiving my card because they told me I didn't have a contract with them I went back to Vonage. Now they are billing me early termination fees  for a contract I don't have, right? Going to call a Sacramento TV station that handles this type of crime and see if they can get it for me. I am also contacting a class action group in SF to see if I can get them onboard. Will let you know if successful. 

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

You'll may consider a complaint with your state's AG and/or a complaint with your franchise authority.

You can also elect to resolve your dispute through arbitration. You may open a case with the American Arbitration Association - Case Filing Services, 1101 Laurel Oak Road, SUite 100, Voorhees, NJ 08043, 877-493-4185

Contributor

Thank you but I think a class action suit is the real answer to a problem that Xfinity is aware of but has done nothing to resolve. Just the fact that a internet company has no email or chat address for their billing department tells me they don't want anything said to be recorded. 

Administrator
ComcastLarry

[ Edited ]
Contributor
tonilhall

I too have been douped with this special:  You can report the cable company to the FCC and there is a local county agency that is responsible for regulating the cable companies.  

The Arlington County Cable Administration Office is charged with oversight and administration of the cable television franchise certificate. One of the responsibilities of this office is investigating cable-related complaints.

All information provided to the Cable Administration Office may be available for inspection under the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (§ 2.2-3704, et seq., Code of Virginia).

You are not required to provide any of the requested information. The Cable Administration Office, however, is less likely to be able to assist you if the requested information is not provided. Information is routinely used for processing cable complaints. All information provided may be disclosed to the cable company and/or referred to other regulatory agencies.

In addition to completing this online complaint form, please provide (either by mail or by fax) copies of any relevant documents, such as work orders, receipts, billing statements, cancelled checks (front and back), etc.

Complaints may also be submitted by calling 703-228-3242 from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, or leaving a message outside of those hours.

If your complaint is not cable-related, there are other ways to report a problem.

Directions:
Please provide the following information. Use the tab key to move between fields on the form. Do not press the "Enter" key until you are ready to submit the form.

Note: Asterisks (*) indicate required field

I was contacted within a hour by the executive office and still they change the reason why I do not have the card, then they said they would credit my account for that amount.  This promotion is a scam, once they switch you over, and by the way they didn't lose that agreement call, they have what they want and decline to offer you $200.00.  So I would report them- please call the number above and tell the person on the phone about your situation with the $200 prepaid, thank you.

Contributor

Good news have heard back from a class action group and we might all be in for a solution even though it might take sometime. 

Contributor
tonilhall

I have contacted the FCC in regards to the false advertisement here is the link.  I suggest you do the same.  I have been working with the authority in my county and yes, they do not plan to give you the prepaid.  I was offered 200 credit on my bill and stated I had to resort to basic service to get the credit.  They do not want to give me the credit card because I don't think it exist.  

https://esupport.fcc.gov/ccmsforms/form2000!attachFile.action#scrollDown

http://www.arlingtonva.us/departments/TechnologyServices/CableTVAdmin/page19543.aspx 

Above is my county agency for cable issues.  You should have one as well in your community, if not please file online with the FCC.  This is the link you have to choose Broadcast and then deceptive in the next page email me at tonita.hall@gmail.com if you need further assistance.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

This post was removed to a secure location because it contains personal information (email address).

Contributor
tonilhall

You should contact the FCC under the complain section

Contributor
tonilhall

I'm listening this is crazy.  I can't believe they are not providing the card.  I just spoke with them, one of them acted like a collection agent very abrasive, the other lady threaten to take away my premium service as a incentive to receiving the card.  Then contacted the county agency and told them she offered me something and I refuse to take it.  Then she said I screamed at her.  I contacted my county agency and reminded them that screaming is just a sound, what would that resolve, she didn't say argue, debate, yelled; but screaming... they are so out of line with this and don't care who they hurt.  They lie about the solutions which they offer to the county but not to me, if it was a good deal it was not offered to me.  Then the county wanted me to report it to the state, and the state is not in the procedure of complaints against these types of companies.  It makes me wonder about the legality of the situation and whether the county and state have priorities this company versus their components.

Contributor
tonilhall

ley me know tonita - dot-hall at gmail.

Contributor
tonilhall

Oh but bryan in balimore says they do have the conversation with us recorded, he said he has all the calls for my ordering the bundle in addition he confirmed that I did the agreement authorization three times and each time it is removed from my file.  However, he was very rude and still refused to offer me the service he said that I have to wait 6 months and that my bill has to be current.  When you are not offering me the service I requested, I'm not paying the bill- so its a win, win to them...they create a negative situation so they don't have to pay you.  But all in all they have the bundle and it cost to transfer back- I agree a class action suit is necessary ...sign me up I am a strong believer in utilizing the courts these days, since we have lost so many rights as a consumer this is what we are faced with and the private business think we dont have the sense or money to challenge them- corporate sucks what happened to the customer is always right, they take our money and tell us to shut up - or they will shut us up for them...

Contributor
tonilhall

just like I thought I agree, I wont pay the bill so they use that as an incentive to decline me the prepay, it must have been a real criminal who thought of this marketing procedure- they thought it through because no matter how we go we have to pay or loose service- I have a fee from verizon because I switched and was going to use the prepay to pay the service agreement

Contributor
tonilhall

I just filed as well and I included these post and the emails from comcast and my county authority for cable.  The FCC will go after them I promise I worked in regulatory law with AT and T for years and I tell you that's like the telecom police and they are not bias.  I was told by my county agency to call the state, I think the state knows they are doing this and will try to protect them.  In politics these days it's the state v the feds and the state does not want the feds to know what they are allowing to happen to their residents.  This is the best move- although I believe a class action is in line against comcast I don't like comcast but when I moved it was the only service I could get-

Regular Contributor

This is all good and well for new customers, but what about those of us that are existing customes that never recived the prepaid cards they were promised years ago? When I signed up I was told that I would be getting a $75.00 prepaid card after 3 months of service, yet I have still not recived the card / credit and I have complained about this for years.

New Visitor
petelsea

Actually, in my case ~ it's a $350 card.  I typed my own problem and someone in the support group I believe linked it to this string.  Here are my details:

I signed up for a Comcast Triple Play HD package on September 12, 2011.  I have never received any information about the card.  I assumed it would take some time to process this and so I let months slip by, enjoying the services and paying our bill.  At this point it has been almost a year and I have received nothing of the $350.00 that I was assured was happening when I initiated the new service and swich from DirectTV.

I finally decided to check on this and have spent close to 3 hours today trying to figure out what happened.  Comcast Customer Service has been very quick to indicate they can answer nothing about the promotional items.  However, looking at Forum Posts I see that I am certainly not alone in this process.

I went to www.checkmyrebate.com/comcast and it indicates that I am not eligible for the very promotion that lured me in to Comcast in the first place.  This is extremely disturbing, especially since I was somewhat skeptical that it was a real offer when I signed up.  It's certainly not that I desperately need the $350.00, but when you are offered a promotion that helps lure you in ~ wouldn't you expect that the company offering the promo would stand behind it?

Comcast, please hear my message when I tell you this is exactly why I left your company years ago.  I have been paying you around $275 a month for 10 solid months.  I have been patient with the offer because I know there was probably a waiting period.  But to exercise this patience and then check and find out my promotion is not valid?  

I was excited to see that your had made some changes to your site.  I was excited to see some of the features you have added to your online customer care.  But I see that it is just fluff.  The same company is operating behind the scenes and I am not happy with what I see as very clear misrepresentation.  You should be ashamed of yourselves for luring so many people in with promotions and then not delivering on your promises. It is genuinely too bad, because I was starting to believe that you had made some real progress toward improvement.  I am the fool for thinking it was real.

"Another fooled Customer", Pete

Contributor

Help is on the way.

Contributor

I have contacted several legal firms and have one ion Florida that does not do class action but will represent individuals. They called me back today and will be deciding on their action within 24 hrs. 

Contributor
tonilhall

Hi, I have been talking with the FCC and even after they contacted Comcast, I received threatening and intimidating e-mails offering me the same thing I complained about. The employee told me after I refused that she would contact FCC and tell them I refused to resolve the issue.  They have charged me 516. for two months.  This is ridicules... But please keep me abreast I did tell them I would not stop escalating my concerns.

Toni

Contributor
tonilhall

Here is something place call the FCC at 1.888.225.5322 reference number 13-c00515727, talking to FCC he said to call and make a complaint each of you, let me know if you need me.

TH

Contributor
tonilhall

I can wait let's do it- they need to be shut down and taught a lesson or made an example of

Contributor
tonilhall

I'm emailing them and I'm doing that for a reason, paper trail and it's suppose to be the executive office in maryland- and all they do is try to threaten me to do what they want-

Contributor
tonilhall

I posted the FCC information they want each of you to file your own seperate complaints.  Comcast is trying to put on like they have one up on me with the FCC but the FCC says they have not contacted them.  I did provide a copy of the post of this forum- I suggest you call them it's on here.

Contributor
tonilhall

FCC call them, honestly I think we should file a class action lawsuit, we have all the makings of a great case, different scenarios and no relations.

Contributor
tonilhall

Mary I would contact FCC there appears to be hundreds of customers who took the promotional offer and is not getting what they have promised.  They wanted to credit my account for 200, when I was offered 250, and I need to pay Verizon for the early close of my contract.  Comcast is bad business and at the end of the day, I just want to get rid of them period.  

Contributor

Am waiting for an answer from Morgan and Morgan in Fl. Aty at law. They don't fo clasd avtions but thry ate consumer. Will keep everyone ipdated as I have sent out mant request to consumer att.