Contributor

Comcast Access authorization issues

Hi

I am having some frustrating Comcast Access installation issues.

I have a PC with Win 7 x64  satisfying all the other requirements. I installed Comcast Access and Adobe AIR as well.

I first logged in through Comcast Access to authorize my computer  and after that completed, it immediately brings me back to the login screen. I relogin and it asks me to authorize my computer again. I do it again with a different name, and then it immediately brings me back to the login screen. Meanwhile, I check up the list of computers authorized and the two names I provided is still present.

I, once again, reauthorize my computer with a third name (which shows up on the list of authorized devices), but Comcast Access immediately brings me back to the login screen.

This is quite frustrating and is preventing me from watching content legally.

I tried uninstalling  and cleaning up according to instructions in this thread: http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/board/message?board.id=XFINITY_TV&thread.id=2 and restarting my computer quite a few times.

Has anybody seen similar issues or know how to fix this?

Any idea why a behemoth such as comcast can't write bug free software?

Recognized Contributor

Re: Comcast Access authorization issues

Try installing verison 1.55 of Comcast Access. There is no need to uninstall the one you downloaded, just run it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1928808/ComcastAccess-1.55.air

Contributor

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to work.

As soon as I login and setup the access, it completes it and then immediately goes back to the login screen ...

Recognized Contributor

I just realized that the software was updated to 1.57. Try to uninstall everything again and go to https://device.comcast.net/comcast-access/

Then click the download now link. If that does not work, I would advise calling or chatting with a CAE to see if they have any suggestions or to get a ticket opened.

Contributor

Installed 1.57 and cleaned my system multiple times - yet i see the same issue.

I tried chatting with a technical rep, yet she was unable to fix this issue, let alone find out why it is happening.

Its pretty frustrating as it is working for my roommate on the same account on a different computer.

New Visitor

I am also having the exact same issue.  I've reinstalled Access and Firefox.  I've tried it in IE, and I disabled all plug-ins.  None of that seems to fix it.
Frequent Visitor

SAME HERE I GOT WINDOWS VISTA SAME PROBLEM,

I DON'T THINK SUPPORT KNOWS HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM

I ASK THEM 5 TIMES AND THEY GIVE ME THE SAME ANSWER

ONE THING I CAN TELL YOU IT WORKS WITH WINDOWS XP

I ASK SUPPORT IF THERE WORKING ON THIS AND GET NO ANSWER, TELL ME THERE ARE WORKING ON THE PROBLEM AND I WILL BE SATISFY

Contributor

So is comcast access working for anybody with Windows 7 x64 or Windows Vista?

Is comcast access supported on those platforms?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Yes (Windows 7 X64).
Contributor

Hmm - Comcast access is certainly not working. Its so ridiculous that its funny.

Here is what I ended up with:  Comcast Access Error Screenshot [Flickr].

And I have no idea why it doesn't display the computer name.

New Visitor

I am getting the same issue, using Vista.  Tech support is no help.  They told me to re-install Comcast Access. Check.  Update latest Adobe Flash. Check. Re-boot computer. Check.  Same issue.  I cannot solve the problem myself.  I have tried enabling popups, and cookies. No change I have also disbaled my AV to no avail.  I am at a loss.
Regular Contributor

I can't even get as far as you guys.  Installation seems to go OK, but I can't get trhough setup.  Setup asks for my Comcast email ID and password, but returns error code 9000 when I enter it.  I have tried several times so I know I am not fat fingering my ID or password.  Anyone know what error code 9000 stands for?  There is nothing in the FAQs or error codes for 9000.

Visitor

I am very frustrated with the entire issue. A few days ago I spoke with a tech and after being on the phone for quite awhile, deleting and trying to reinstall the "comcast access", he said he would write it up. I have not had a response since. My computer does not show authorized, I should have all premium channels and I get the lovely message with the key telling me to subscribe. The fact that noone can give me an answer infuriates me. I would like a solution so I can utilize this as I'm supposed to be able to.

Visitor

Same authorization runaround loop here when trying to watch HD Xfinity on Win7 64. What a drag!

Contributor

As we use to say in the military--SNAFU !

Visitor
jdgremsjr

the same thing happening here and no-one at comcast is helpful hopefully an update with a fix will help.

New Visitor
ricwil

I am having the same problem. I actually got it to work the first time and was able to watch a few shows (I have Windows 7), but now I keep getting looped back to the login/authorize computer page.

Contributor

I am having this problem with a Mac. Did anyone come up with a solution?

Contributor

OK, don't know what happened, but I was able to get it to work. I was asked to reauthorize the computer and when I did, everything seems fine. Happened just after I posted my previous message.

Contributor

Noticed one more thing. The Comcast Access application is now green (used to be red or orange). So, if you don't see a green check mark next to your PC name in the Comcast Access application and your application icon (at least in Mac 10.6.3) is not green then you need to reauthorize on the server.

Contributor
Yukonse

You can try to download Comcast access using this link:    http://www.comcast.net/comcast-access/download/air/ComcastAccess-1.51.air   ...  Then, choose Save File. Change the extension from .zip to .air (if you are using an IE browser) Double click to load and follow the instructions to complete download

Recognized Contributor

1.51 is an older version. The newest version is 1.59. http://www.comcast.net/comcast-access/download/air/ComcastAccess-1.59.air

Regular Contributor

i am having the same issues suddenly, it worked last time i tried it a month ago, now it keeps telling me to authorize the computer, it is authorized, what a joke

New Visitor
chelou

I have had the same problems as everyone else. I use Vista.  Sometimes I can reauthorize and it will work.  Sometimes I can reinstall and it will work.  Sometimes nothing I do works.  When I click the access icon, it always shows that it is up and functioning yet  comcast doesn't seem to be able to "access" their own programming. 

I use hulu now....less frustrating.

Visitor

I have same problem Comcast Access-can't download and I have Windows XP.Support no help so far.

Visitor

Tried to install Comcast Access a dozen times yesterday and today,tried using info.from other unhappy people like me --nothing works and Comcast is NO HELP at all--support has no idea at all they just don't admit it. TJW

Regular Contributor

comcast could save money by getting rid of the support dept., it is useless anyway

Regular Contributor

I don't know what happened, but it's working for me now.  I didn't change anything, but now it's working on Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.  Takes awhile to start up, but after it gets going it's fine.

Recognized Contributor

They have updated it so that Comcast Access is no longer needed to watch premium content. You will need to uninstall Comcast Access, get rid of any com.comcast.access folders on your PC, remove any authorized computers, and finally clear the flash player cookies.

Contributor

0dlmartinez wrote:

They have updated it so that Comcast Access is no longer needed to watch premium content. You will need to uninstall Comcast Access, get rid of any com.comcast.access folders on your PC, remove any authorized computers, and finally clear the flash player cookies.

What are you talking about? It still asks to launch Comcast Access. Which doesn't work. Again.

Recognized Contributor

Make sure Comcast Access is uninstalled.

Go to https://device.comcast.net/comcast-access/

Remove all authorized computers.

Refresh the page, it should like different.

Go to a premium video.

If it asks to install Comcast Access, right click in the video area.

Click Settings.

Click on the folder icon.

Move the slider bar all the way to the left.

Click Ok and then close.

Refresh the page.

Click allow.

The video should play.