New Visitor

How do I change the layout or background look of my comcast.net home page?

Hello! I have just recently changed back to Comcast.net and the home page graphics/design has changed dramatically and when I had yahoo as my home page, it allowed you to customize your home page. I wanted to know if there was a way to do that?
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: How do I change the layout or background look of my comcast.net home page?

Unfortunately not.  Comast has eliminated any ability to customize, even though it's the most requested desire.
New Visitor

And, to add insult to injury, Comcast has kept the instructions on modifying comcast.net in their Help files. The help file cheerily instructs the user to click on the "Modify Page" button in the top-right on the screen and follow the instructions. There is no "Modify Page" button. When I called Comcast the Help Desk person said it was the first time anyone had asked her about such a feature and didn't think that Comcast had ever supported modification.
Service Expert
Again

Loudonnh wrote:
And, to add insult to injury, Comcast has kept the instructions on modifying comcast.net in their Help files. The help file cheerily instructs the user to click on the "Modify Page" button in the top-right on the screen and follow the instructions. There is no "Modify Page" button. When I called Comcast the Help Desk person said it was the first time anyone had asked her about such a feature and didn't think that Comcast had ever supported modification.

The old Comcast homepage did support modification, but the new comcast homepage doesn't - except for the Assistant.

And, looking at the beta Help page, again, the information posted for this is out of date, which is why I said don't put that page up until the information supplied therein is up-to-date and complete, but .....

The Help for the Comcast homepage includes choosing between the Express and Explore views [complete with nice little popup], which will lead someone to believe [wrongly at this time] this is customizable.  If you scroll down the list, however, you see a help item for "New Site" which includes this information:

Can I customize my homepage on the new Comcast.net site?

Currently, you can customize the Assistant on the homepage by doing the following:

1. Sign into your Comcast.net account.
  2. Click on the Assistant link in the upper right of the Comcast.net homepage.
  3. Click the Modify Assistant link. 

Please look for updates, more customizable features are coming soon!

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

Recognized Contributor
Chief-Mac

Terily wrote:
....when I had yahoo as my home page, it allowed you to customize your home page. I wanted to know if there was a way to do that?
YES!  Do as I do and just use Yahoo as your home page.