New Visitor
Demery3693

Is there a way to restore shows from your DVR History?

I had some shows that deleted to make space for other shows, that I really wanted to watch. They are in my DVR History, which seems like they should still be on the DVR, like things that are sitting in your recycling bin on your computer.  Does anyone know if there is a way to restore them so I can watch them?  Other sites I have found say I should be able to press the "OK" button and see a "restore" or "delete" option.  But I just have "delete" or "back to previous screen" 

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Is there a way to restore shows from your DVR History?

There is no way to recover programs you deleted from the DVR.  The history listings are to assist the guide software in preventing duplication of recordings.

New Visitor
Demery3693

It would be a VERY nice feature to add.  It sounds like other companies/systems offer it. 

I also don't understand how the DVR chooses which shows to delete when it needs space. I have shows listed in priority order, so I understand that, but when it comes to which episodes, I don't understand that.   I have a show that has 5 episodes going back to the beginning of April, instead of deleting the oldest show, it deleted the most recently (finale) episode. 

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

I don't recommend filling up the DVR and depending on its software to guess what order you'd like to have stuff deleted.  TiVo allows you (me) to restore deleted programs, up until the time they're physically overwritten, but they have much more sophisticated software -- this is just one exampe of how much better it is.

New Visitor
LadyJennyfer75

I would love this feature. I accidentally deleted my favorite episode of a TV show and I want it back.

New Visitor
oldandshort

Should I delete my DVR History?

New Visitor
oldandshort

should i delete my dvr history