Recognized Contributor
Xoanan

MLS/Comcast.net

Hi All
I have a friend who is realtor and she has an unusual issue;
If she sets her homepage to comcast.net she can go there, sign in fine and so on, but, she cant get to her MLS site. If she closes the browser and sets the homepage to her MLS site, it lets her sign in to that, but then, she cant get to Comcast.net. She called her IT and they told her it has something to do with the changes that Comcast made. Any ideas on this one?
Networking Expert
Baric

Re: MLS/Comcast.net

Signing in on one website or another should have absolutely no effect on signing in to another website. For example, I'm signed in on three different web forums at the moment, right in this same browser window (EQ2 forums, guild forum, and Comcast).

She realizes that she never has to sign in to the Comcast site unless you wants to do some sort of protected function, right? It's certainly not required to access any other website.

What she needs to do is post the exact specifics of what doesn't work, including URL's, error messages, browser and OS version, etc.
Recognized Contributor
Xoanan

Only mtrmls.com forces you to sign in. Apparently she can only sign into that if she sets that as her homepage, but when she does that, she gets "page cant be displayed" at Comcast.net.
If she resets her homepage to Comcast, she cant get there but then when she tries to get mtrmls.com, she gets "page cant be displayed."
Networking Expert
Baric

That beats the socks off of me. I can't see how it would be either website, it sounds more like a problem on her system, or she's doing something wrong. Has she cleared out cookies and temp internet files? I've seen some strange problems disappear after doing that.
Recognized Contributor
Xoanan

Yes, we did that one thanx;
Could it be that it is sharing cookie sessions?
Networking Expert
Baric

Such a thing is EXTREMELY unlikely. Cookies are named based on the site you got them from since these are different sites I don't see how they can conflict. Unless you have a data corruption issue, which is why I recommended cleaning things out. But if that doesn't help, then I'd look elsewhere.
Recognized Contributor
Xoanan

Hey, All

I have found out that this is a known issue; MLS reports this when I logged into their site.