Contributor

Program Scheduled to record but doesn't

I have a series program set up for a weekly show.  That show has been properly recording most times.  Today, the show was supposed to record but I noticed that the DVR was not recording anything.  So, I checked the Guide.  It showed my show with a symbol that looks like a "Do Not ..." type of sign.  Kind of like the International sign for no parking.  I checked my DVR Manager under the "Scheduled Programs" heading.  My show was listed there but, again, it had that "Do Not..." kind of symbol on it.  Why did my DVR decide to not record the show?  I believe I have missed shows being recorded in the past but was never able to catch it red-handed until tonight.  Any one else have this experience?  I know how to unplug the DVR to reset it but that doesn't guarantee that it won't do this again next week.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

New Visitor
HRMom

Re: Program Scheduled to record but doesn't

The same thing is happening to me. I have the "do not" symbol on my daily shoe that I have been recording successfully until last week. Help!?!
New Visitor
mo13mag

I had the same experience last week and again tonight.  I have been recording this show successfully and now it has not recorded for the past two weeks.  I checked the DVR history and it says that 'the recording was cancelled by the system'.  I have not found any help on this anywhere that I have looked.  I cleared out the old priorities settings that included a few shows that are not scheduled anymore - but had no relation to the show that I am trying to record.  I believe that the problem started when I tried to schedule to record a show that had already started -- I didn't just hit record because it was 1am and I was heading to bed.  My previously scheduled recording was on the next night and I was worried that if the DVR recorded all night there would not be enough room for my show.  But the show that I tried to set up at 1am only recorded a couple of minutes then the recording cancelled itself and the next night my weekly show was cancelled by the system. I'll keep looking for help.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

those do not symbols mean that the recording was cancelled either by you or the system.  If it was cancelled by the system either there was a conflict or something else happend.  Check what you have to record and make sure you dont have three things that overlap somehow. 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

disconnect the hdmi cable, then unplug the box and wait two minutes and then connect it back with the hdmi cable.  If that does not work, turn the box off and then switch back to the s video cable.  If that works you know its the hdmi connection or cable or you have to change a set up option in your box to enable the hdmi.  You didnt post what box it is but you can easily find the box menu, most work by turning off the box leave the tv on and press menu.   If nothing works call comcast to send a reset signal to the box.  Report back when you get an answer.

Contributor

Thanks for the explanation.  the show I had scheduled to be recorded was the only thing scheduled for recording that evening.  The DVR is practically empty (5% used) because the new TV season hasn't started and I'm all caught up on watching summer stuff.  The cable box was not turned on at the time the recording was supposed to start (nor was the TV).  Do you know what other situations cause the System to cancel a recording?  I haven't been able to find any documentation regarding the recording capabilities of the DVR I have.  I guess Comcast expects us to figure it out on our own.  They could save themselves some customer service calls if they provided more information on those set up boxes.

Visitor

I re-booted the DVR and it solved this problem. You re-boot by unplugging the DVR at the plug. Wait a couple of minutes, plug back in. You'll see 88888888 on the display. Push cable then power on your remote. It will take some time to be able to use My DVR or Guide -- everything will say "To be announced" -- but once programs start showing up you can test it by choosing to record one. After this, our series went back to recording at pre-set times.

Visitor

I have missed THREE football game endings because the Comcast recording feature cut me off. Even though I clicked on the "add 30 minutes" feature, it doesn't work. I haven't had a single box from Comcast that works as it is supposed to. I think they take back bad boxes and just give them to the next person. I shouldn't pay almost $200 a month for crappy service. Not to mention the shows I record where the sound continually cuts off.