New Visitor

Refer-A-Friend

Anyone else having trouble with the "Refer-A-Friend" referrals page?  I keep getting an error.  I can put a person's name and e-mail address in, but when I go to submit the letter, that's when I get an error.

Tried live chat last night and they were of no help. 
Security Expert
CWH803

Re: Refer-A-Friend

Ahatten said "Anyone else having trouble with the "Refer-A-Friend" referrals page?  I keep getting an error." 

Can you post the error message you see in this thread? And name your browser and operating system?

Signature: 127.0.0.1, Sweet 127.0.0.1 and I recommend all of these Anti-malware tools and Procedures. (updated May 2010)
New Visitor

Unable to Process your Request

We were unable to process your request due to an error.

Click here to return to the Referral Manager.

Tried with both Firefox and Internet Explorer on different computers and got same results.  Windows XP
Most Valued Poster
Michael

ahatten2,

I have not seen this before and have not been able to reproduce this error.  I have forwarded this to the developers for further investigation.
Recognized Contributor

I used to think that the B-Team had been assigned to work on the Refer-a-Friend stuff, but eventually concluded that it must be the D-Team.  I recently got a couple of emails telling me that someone I referred had not signed up for Comcast.  I did the referral almost two years ago.  The people I referred never received any communication from Comcast about it.  The folks in question opted for FIOS, instead.

All-in-all, quite a clown show! :smileyhappy:
New Visitor

I can't even get the "check my referrals" page.  I'm thinking Comcast doesn't want me to reap the benefits of referring someone and they're sabotaging....
Recognized Contributor

I had a similar experience, with all kinds of page failures - haven't tried it lately.  But ultimately, I think it's just incompetence, not conniving.
New Visitor

re:hero marathon sci fi channel tomorrow at 9:am

The TV related message and rest were moved to the Cable TV forum...

Bronze Star Contributor

Re: re:hero marathon sci fi channel tomorrow at 9:am

and i thought that page was to send someone an mj cigarette...
New Visitor

Re: Refer-A-Friend (an embarrassment)

I don't know what it going on with Refer-a-Friend, but it ought to either be fixed or taken down.  You'd think this would be a priority unless Comcast has decided that they have enough business!

After repeated attempts (and failures), I finally managed to complete a Refer-a-Friend.  After a couple of days, I asked my friend if he had received an e-mail.  He had not.  So, back to Refer-a-Friend... again, after multiple errors, finally got into the manager.  No listing!

Again, created the Refer-a-Friend entry.  Got further this time, as the friend actually received the e-mail.  He immediately responded, requesting to sign up.  After two weeks, still no contact from Comcast.  For the past week, I have been trying to get back into the Refer-A-Friend manager to see what is going on.  All I get now (consistently) is 404 Page Not Found.

Meanwhile, my friend got frustrated and when with DSL and I lost out on the free month's service.  Overall, I have been happy with my Comcast Internet service, but I sure won't be promoting Comcast again via the web Refer-a-Friend, as this was embarrassing to me (and should be to Comcast as well).

Not that I expect it, but on the extremely rare chance that someone from Comcast were to see this:

Using:
Windows XP SP2 - fully patched.
IE 6.0 - fully patch