Regular Contributor

Something happened to my home page

What has happened to my homepage when I click on Internet Explorer? A Comcast screen appears, but it is not the same as I used to get. Now, there is nothing there that I can click on to do anything such as: Adding a site to my favorite places, or finding "Internet options." I think that I might need to change my homepage, but I cannot find anyway to do this. I do not remember what all used to appear on a bar at the top of my screen, but I think there was a place for finding "tools" and then finding "Internet Options." How do I restore what I once had? How do I find the place for choosing "Internet Options?" I thought that doing a restore point would restore what I once had, but it didn’t. I am using Windows Vista and Explorer 8. Thank you in advance for your help.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: Something happened to my home page

Press F11 

This should work to get it back.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Contributor

In reply to Queen Evie's suggestion to Press F11, this did not work for me. The tool bar that is missing has the following: Edit /view/Favorites/Tools/Help. Any other tips. I really need to restore this. I tried downloading a new tool bar, but this did not work.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Do you have the IE8 menubar showing? Just under the Address box on top. If so click Tools and go to Internet Options. If that menubar is missing then go to the Control Panel and Internet Options in there to change your homepage.

New Visitor
janebhanlon

No F11 does not work and it also puts you in full screen mode where your top tool bar disappears until you move your cursor in that area which can be fixed under tool unclick full screen.

This happened to me once before as well and someone from comcast told me how to fix it - should of saved it.  Had some updates done on my computer and mycomcast page that I customized is gone again and the new one from Xfinity sucks - does not utilize page space well and has pretty much discouraged me from viewing most of their videos and news.  If someone out there can instruct how to get it back please do so.  Thank you

New Visitor
janebhanlon

That does not work either Xfinity home page still comes up

Email Expert
CCCarole

The MyComcast customized homepage has been eliminated.  It was never released out of Beta, and is no longer available at all.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

What you need to do is show the menu bar.

Open Internet Explorer then right click a blank area to the right of the tab that is open and select menu bar.

If the Favorites toolbar button is showing you can also right click on that and select menu bar.

You can also press the Alt key while internet explorer is open to temporarily show the menu bar.

New Visitor
janebhanlon

Thank you so much for the direct and correct response - I so appreciate straight talk.  Is there anyway to customize the Xfinity home page or is it - It is what it is?  Again TY

Bronze Problem Solver

Comcast has resisted customization of their home pages for years.  Occasionally, the clamor from subscribers gets too loud to ignore, and they toss us a bone by allowing some minor edits, but before long, that too goes away in an "upgrade" (so called), and the process goes on.

Best customization I did was to move on to another start page.  I haven't seen the latest itteration in years.