Regular Visitor

Temporary Internet service suspension

I have been looking at the Comcast webpages and cannot find any information on how Comcast Internet handles temporary vacation suspension.
I did just cancel my service under Adelphia and they let me keep my e mail account, but not so with Comcast.

I believe they now charge $ 5 per month, but are there limitations, rules, etc.?

Any suggestions?Experiences?
Most Valued Poster
BluegrassMan

Re: Temporary Internet service suspension

Not sure if this applies to all markets, but found this info for atleast some areas:

"Vacation Rate" option for cable service If you subscribe to cable television, you can take advantage of the "vacation rate" option. Your account must be current and you must plan on vacating your primary residence for a minimum of 2 months and a maximum of 6 months within a 12 month period. The 12 month period is from when you first start the seasonal program, not from the end date of the program. Your service remains active at the tap or utility pole at your primary residence during your absence, and Comcast equipment must remain in your home. Your service is restarted with one telephone call. The monthly fee for video and high-speed internet access is $10.00 per month for each service.For more information, call Comcast customer service.
Firefox 3
Email Expert

See also this thread for information about Comcast's "snowbird" plan.
Regular Visitor

Thank you Bluegrassman and Barmar.

I will call 1 800 COMCAST and see what they have for my area.