Visitor

Re: xfinity saying I'm not subscribed to channels

[ Edited ]

com.comcast.access

Where is this in windows... I cannot find step 4 from above

Message Edited by JCStevens55 on 01-23-2010 01:38 PM
Frequent Visitor

They gave me a 72 hours window too, and that was last week some time.  Ive been on online chat, on hold with tech after tech, with promises to get it working...i cant even get ANY permium channels.  I have Triple Play too.  Ive done all the fixes, and still sitting here with my ticket ....waiting.  Im in West Michigan.

I wish i could download version 1.51 of Comcast Access to try it.  I have version 1.48 here.

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

Looks like I'm not  the only one. How  funny they are actually sending a tech out to fix it.  How  Ironic  the kids on the  customer service  line  had no clue  but, I could  hear abunch of them talking, loudly joking  and  a girl laughing.He then told me i was having issues with my Internet  speed now i have to wait for a tech. So i can watch  my HBO fancast shows? The  1st person i talked too  actually set the phone  down instead of hanging up with me.  I only knew because i was waiting to  do the customer care  survey at the end of the call.  Pretty  smart if you  ask me  because  I had to  tell him were  to find the link for  the comcast access program to download. He wasn't going to get a good review.

Anyone ever have to wait  10 mins to talk to a  representative??????? That might be the reason why.

Horrible waste of  my time an  poor example of customer care.

for the record  1 online chat: they said someone would contact me no one did.

2 calls to customer care 1st call the above 

2nd call  got a guy who told me, you have  tech comeing out  he can  fix it.

Problem not solved

No wonder it cost me  150 bucks a month for Internet an cable TV  Comcast has to pay 4 people to fix 1 problem.

Wonder what the tech will do?

will he tell me to call customer care?

Message Edited by TheRunAround on 02-08-2010 08:14 PM
Regular Visitor

[ Edited ]

See below

Message Edited by Beaned on 02-11-2010 08:50 PM
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for that link to the Comcast Access v.1.5.  How do you change the file extension name from .zip to .air? 

If i try to change it, i get: ComcastAccess1.5.air.zip.  Obviously, im doin something completely stupid here. <blush>

Frequent Visitor

Ok, i figured out how to show file extensions, then changed it from .zip to .air.  Then installed it, but it made no difference at all; still cannot get premium movies....grrr!
Bronze Problem Solver
lunski

[ Edited ]

Please Try Version 1.57 Below.

https://device.comcast.net/comcast-access/: https://device.comcast.net/comcast-access/

Thank you.

Message Edited by ComcastGeorge on 02-25-2010 12:37 PM
George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator
Email Expert

Regular Visitor

I tried v1.55, but nothing different.  Still getting the orange keys on HBO, STARZ, and MAX.
Bronze Problem Solver
lunski

Mariah12321 wrote:
I tried v1.55, but nothing different.  Still getting the orange keys on HBO, STARZ, and MAX.

Mariah,

Please try to uninstall Comcast Access, then Adobe Air. Next Reinstall Adobe Air followed by Comcast Access 1.55 above.

We are still reviewing the overall issue and experience here and are working quickly to resolve ASAP.

George Lunski
Contributor

[ Edited ]

George,

I have had the same issues for about a week now. Everything ran great since day one in the past, but all of a sudden the same thing has been happening with me – I am a subscriber to HBO, but I get the yellow key of death. I have cleaned all the cookies and everything on my end. I have uninstalled everything, and cleaned the directories as per the instructions on this forum. I have also installed the v1.55 that you have provided. After doing all of this, the same problem comes up. I have talked to a few reps via the online help chat. The one person I talked to was Rose from the fancast department, and she assured me this would not happen again, once she resets something on her end, it will be a permanent fix this time. She told me the other reps only did a temporary fix, but hers will fix it for good. Well, that is not the case, her fix only lasted for a day again, and I am back in the same boat. Yesterday, I went back on the chat, and asked for another fancast rep. His name is Anthony, and said pretty much the same thing as Rose. Once again his fix worked for a day, but today, once again I have the yellow key of death for HBO. Here is the last thing Anthony said to me on chat before exiting:

Anthony(Mon Feb 15 15:35:57 EST 2010)>
Ok John I did get the reset put in for you, it should take no more than 10 minutes to reset. You may need to log out and re-log back in. I also put a ticket in for this to be fixed for good for you as well, that ticket number is CR196061104

I have a feeling that the Comcast access software has nothing to do with the issue, because for one, the software will not start until the yellow key of death is not there, and you are able to hit play. Two, whether it is the version of access software provided on the Comcast site directly, or the v1.55 that you provide, they will always work, once somebody on the Comcast end resets something on their end for the day. So, this is obviously something very messed up on their end, when it comes to recognizing who the true paying customers are for these movie channels, and who are not. It appears that either they truly do not have a clue as to what is going on, and just giving quick fixes in hopes that a solution comes to an end. What they really need to do is take down the parts of the fancast which are giving issues to people, until they truly fix the problems once and for all. I am sick of this garbage, and it needs to be fixed, or taken down until it is fixed.

That is my story on this crazy mess, for whatever it is worth.

John

Message Edited by Trainmoverjax on 02-16-2010 05:21 AM
Bronze Problem Solver
lunski

hello train,

we are still in beta of this product as such this issues do happen, for most customer it is working. we are trying to correct the issue that is happening on the backend here as quickly as possible. i will contact fancast leadership and our engineers here to see what we can to correct your account.

George Lunski
Bronze Problem Solver
lunski

train,

are you able to try now?

George Lunski
Contributor

George,

Sorry, I was not on the computer the sametime you where yesterday. The strange thing was, lastnight I was able to view HBO shows via fancast, but when I tried this morning to see if it would still work or not. Well, guess what? It did not - I got the famous yellow key of death as usual. Oh well, I guess until they are able to fix it for good on their end, I will just go on chat, and have them pass me for the day by resetting me, like they have before.

John

New Visitor

I have tried the troubleshooting steps above and still cannot access premium channels.  I also wasted an hour with phone support this morning, and after being transfered 3 times gave up. 

It would be great if Icould get this resolved,

Matt

Regular Visitor

George,

I did as you instructed, but no joy.  I wrote Comcast and told them everything i had tried, and they say that its being looked into at their end, and nothing to do but wait.  Thank you for your help though.

New Visitor

Still working at fixing this problem????
Recognized Contributor

Who knows, I've had a trouble ticket in since Jan 17th, and every time I call there's no updates.
New Visitor

Hello woofdog

It is not working.  Tried twice. Mac OS Snow leopard. I live in Ann Arbor, MI, we don't have live chat with Comcast. I have called support, but Comcast guys does not seem to have a clue what is going on. I am subscribing Starz, but do not have access via fancast. Subscription required. Oh, boy..

Regular Visitor

I have had this problem with all of my movie channels and now just the movie channel. I had technicians come out, peeps on the phone and they just scratched their heads. I ended up unplugging all the boxes in the house and then wait about an hour after I plug them back in and that usually takes care of it. But you have to do all of the boxes.
New Visitor
tru30

I had the same problem. The technician told me that you have to login to www.fancast.com and login. it is the same as xfinity. You should have no problem accesing the premium channels if you have all the premium channels