Regular Contributor

A"...VALID CRUMB" message

[ Edited ]

Sometimes when I compose an e-mail and hit the "send" button, a message appears at the very top of the e-mail page stating, "Action not allowed without a valid crumb."  (I have SmartZone Lite).

Then when I hit "send" again, it goes through.  What does this message mean?

Message Edited by poly4me on 07-14-2009 11:02 AM
Official Employee
ComcastBillS

Re: A"...VALID CRUMB" message

How often does it happen?  Did you perform any specific action just prior to sending the email?
Regular Contributor

I think it happens (sometimes, but not always) when I include a picture in the body of the message as an image - not as an attachment.  It goes through w/o any problems when I hit the send button a second time.  "Valid crumb" seems like an unusual term to use.
Bronze Problem Solver

poly4me wrote:
I think it happens (sometimes, but not always) when I include a picture in the body of the message as an image - not as an attachment.  It goes through w/o any problems when I hit the send button a second time.  "Valid crumb" seems like an unusual term to use.

I think that phrase refers to a path (eg, the software lost track of where it came from or supposed to go to for the next event. Think Hansel and Gretel from the fairy tale.

There are discussions of crumb bugs in the Zimbra forums. I don't know if they relate to your issue or not.