Contributor

Action not allowed without a valid crumb?

Tried to send an email out to multiple addresses and I got this message.  Valid crumb? Help please!

Visitor

Re: Action not allowed without a valid crumb?

I have had Comcast and have experienced many issues with email. The latest one started two days ago. When I try to delete an email, I am getting that message, "Action not allowed without a valid crumb".

Does any one have any  idea what this is and how to fix the issue?

I have been on the phone with Comcast and am getting nowhere. Apparently they are too busy to help the customers.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Please post back which veison of XfinityConnect you are using.  The full or the lite version.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor

Not sure which version. I think it is Smartzone lite version.

Email Expert
CCCarole

LMW181421 wrote:

Not sure which version. I think it is Smartzone XfinityConnect lite version.

Look at the url in the address bar while in XfinityConnect.  If you see the letter 'h' after the word zimbra you are using the lite version.  It is also labeled as the Lite when you go in.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

I am using the "lite" version too. Double clicking to open every email, and other things about the full version is way too much trouble for me. Is this "crumbie" problem somehow related to using the lite version? I have used it for years, and never had this problem before.

Official Employee
CC_MikeH

This issue should be fixed in the next release, which is due in the next few weeks - depending on how testing goes.

Visitor

I've had the same "crumb" issue for several months.  NUMEROUS calls to Comcast have gotten me nowhere.  They claim that no one else has reported this problem, which I know is a lie!  The last technician (?) I talked to asked me how old my computer is and when I said, "5 years" he said, "Well, that's probably the problem; you need to buy a new computer".  I had to hang up the phone so I wouldn't tell him off.

I am very, very frustrated.  I can read my emails, but I can't send emails or delete emails, so my email log is full of very old emails.  I was able to set up an Outlook Express account which copies my Comcast emails and then I can delete them there, but the original emails are still in my Comcast email account piling up.

Comcast doesn't know what to do, but they are clearly responsible for this problem.  I just called Comcast the other day because my rate increased.  I told the rep that I refuse to pay the increase, especially since I am not able to use the email function of my Internet service which is part of my Triple Play package.  She lowered my rate.  Maybe is more people refused to pay a portion of their bill since they are not receiving a portion of the service, Comcast would get serious about solving our problem!

Good luck to all who are experiencing this problem.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

There are a great many customer service reps you might reach on the phone. They don't always (often, ever?) know whether anyone else has reported an issue.

If you try to use the mobile version of Comcast email server ( http://m.comcast.net ), can you get in and do what you need to do?

Which web browser are you using? Which operating system?

Contributor
fishnchips2

Mike,

I think Comcasts  problem mainly lies here with customers using IE.

Any time we log on to Comcast email the folowing message flashes up:

" Content blocked because it was not signed by a valid certificate. "

I assume you and your techs will know what that means, it's time  for your new email provider and / or comcast to get compliant with IE!

williamotoole@comcast.net

Email Expert
Latoque

fishnchips2 wrote:

Mike,

I think Comcasts  problem mainly lies here with customers using IE.

Any time we log on to Comcast email the folowing message flashes up:

" Content blocked because it was not signed by a valid certificate. "

I assume you and your techs will know what that means, it's time  for your new email provider and / or comcast to get compliant with IE!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You need to click on Options in your post, and remove or redact your email address.  These are public forums, and hackers and spammers can easily harvest that information.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.