New Visitor
miata1964

Adding a signature to an email with Comcast email.

How does one add a signature to an email using he Comcast email program?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Adding a signature to an email with Comcast email.

[ Edited ]

miata1964 wrote:

How does one add a signature to an email using he Comcast email program?

Creating and Using Signatures in the SmartZone Communications Center

With SmartZone, you can create up to three signatures to choose from when composing an e-mail.

To create an e-mail signature:

1. Click the Preferences tab at the top of the SmartZone Communications Center
  2. Select Signature from the left Preferences pane

3. You can then create a Signature Name and add content for each signature that you create
  4. Once you are satisfied with your signature, click Save to submit your changes

To edit an e-mail signature:

1. Select the signature you want to edit from your list of signatures on the left

2. You can then edit the Signature Name, Content, and Formatting
  3. Once you are satisfied with your signature, click Save  to submit your changes

To create a default signature:
*Note:  You must have already created a signature (see above) before setting your default.

1. Click the Preferences tab at the top of the SmartZone Communications Center
  2. Select Email Manager
  3. Make sure your Primary Comcast.net e-mail address is highlighted
  4. Under the Primary Account settings, use the dropdown beside Signature: to select the default signature you would like to appear

5. Click Save to submit your changes

To select a signature to use when composing or replying to an e-mail:

1. In the compose window, on the e-mail toolbar, click Signatures
  2. From the dropdown menu, select the signature you want to use

This clickable link contains everything you may want to learn about using Smartzone too.  LINK

i would bookmark this link.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
jjwcbg2000

When you go into the prepare an e-mail section to write a new e-mail.  You will find a preferences tab. 

Click on that and it will have a section called signature.  That section will allow you to create up to three different signatures.  Like one for business, one for a organization you belong to, etc.

Once you save your signatures you can close out of preferences and go back to writing your e-mail.

Then when you finish your e-mail you can click on the signature tab and the different signatures you created will be displayed by the title you assigned to them. I have a signature block for my job, my position in the Rotary Club, and a comical signature block for friends.  Just click on the signature you want to use and it will add it at the bottom of your e-mail.

Contributor
grusvag

Is it possible to add a graphic such as a jpeg or giff as a signature (a logo)?

Email Expert
CCCarole

grusvag wrote:

Is it possible to add a graphic such as a jpeg or giff as a signature (a logo)?

Yes it is.  You must format the signature as HTML and you must have the graphic stored somewhere because you will need to enter the url for the website link.  Two free online storage possibilities you can use are:  www.photobuccket.com or www.flickr.com You would click on the 'globe' on the far right side and enter the name and the url link.

Sometimes, but not always, we have seen emails blocked when they contain a signature.

siggie.jpg

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor
grusvag

Thanks CCCarole.

Slight correction: you click on the square icon just to the right of the globe, "Insert Image via url".

New Visitor

Hi ~ Can anyone recommend a program to convert the jpg to HTML?  Thanks so much!

Email Expert
CCCarole

djrsvp wrote:

Hi ~ Can anyone recommend a program to convert the jpg to HTML?  Thanks so much!

Can you provide more details what it is you want to do?  If you want to create a signature using a jpeg image, then you would create the signature as HTML as shown here.  If I am not understanding what you want to do, please post back.

create signature.JPG

New Visitor

Hi ~ I am trying to add a business signature to my email using a jpg file and if I look at my screen right now, it's showing "insert image via url" not create signature .jpg, like yours at that square with the green mountians?

Email Expert
CCCarole

djrsvp wrote:

Hi ~ I am trying to add a business signature to my email using a jpg file and if I look at my screen right now, it's showing "insert image via url" not create signature .jpg, like yours at that square with the green mountians?

You need to go to Create the Signature.  Click on Preferences and when the window opens look at the left side.  You will see 'Signature' in the list.  Click on that  word Signature and you will get this window.

In the drop down, make sure you have chosen format as HTML.  If you have the image stored on a website, click on the tree icon to insert the url that goes to that picture/image. You cannot insert it fromj say, My Pictures Folder on your PC.  It must be stored somewhere so you can insert the url to it.  ( Eg photbucket.com, flickr.com)

Let us know if you need further help. 

Signature window.JPG

Frequent Visitor

Hi, i understand how you add a signature, but how do you add a destination to that icon logo you add on. Like lets say i add the url for that picture from the web,and its a twiiter icon logo, it is now in the signature, how exactly do you add a url to that picture to go to my twitter account (extra link to let's say twitter) . So it'd be a link, and a picture, the picture would be tied to my twitter account. How can i make that work? How do i do that, I've tried but it only seems to bring me to where i got my picture. Please help!!

Service Expert
Again

deryletsmith, this is not email. This is a help forum. Your post was removed because it contained personal information.