Contributor
scuba1950
Accepted Solution

Address Book Problems

When double clicking on the TO box for email, the pop up SELECT ADDRESSES is blank, even though there are contacts loaded.

When typing in an email address the TO will not automatically fill in.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Address Book Problems

scuba1950 wrote:

When double clicking on the TO box for email, the pop up SELECT ADDRESSES is blank, even though there are contacts loaded.

When typing in an email address the TO will not automatically fill in.

Which version of XC are you using, full or lite?  Open XC, click on Preferences and see which version is ticked under General Prferences.  When you click on the Address book, are all your contacts showing there?

General Preferences.JPG

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
scuba1950

Thank you for the response.

I am using Connect and my Address Book contains all my contacts.

Email Expert
CCCarole

scuba1950 wrote:

Thank you for the response.

I am using Connect and my Address Book contains all my contacts.

OK, but which version of XfinityConnect?  The Full or the Lite version ( see my post above)

Try switching to the Lite version if you are using the full version and post back if you are then able to get the TO field to show your address book contacts.  When making the switch to Lite, make sure to click on SAVE at the top of the window.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor
scuba1950

Switched from Xfinity Connect to Exfinity Lite and the address book is still blank.

Received a call from Comcast that "this is a known problem and they hope to have a fix in place with the next release of Xnfinity."  He did not know when that would be. 

I am suprised the three Comcast associates I have discussed the problem with did not know this was a known issue.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond.

Email Expert
CCCarole

I have notified the Administrators and have asked for someone from PlaxoCare to read this thread and respond to you as well.

CC

Administrator
ComcastLarry

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Contributor
scuba1950

Thank you for your help - it is greatly appreciated.

New Visitor
nguyentn

i am having the same problem. has there been a solution

Email Expert
CCCarole

nguyentn wrote:

i am having the same problem. has there been a solution

I replied in your other post here> http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/new-email-address-book/m-p/1286203/mess...

To avoid confsuion please only [post the issue in one thread.  Thanks, CC

New Visitor
langdg

I also had the same problem but after a Google search, sent an email to Plaxo and they made it work.  However, when I edit my contact list, the edits do not transfer to my email address list.  Hopefully, they will get this working very soon.   FYI - you can send an email to helpme@plaxo.com and in the subject line put, "Need slow sync to be performed (address book TO: issue)."  Plaxo techs will force a slow-sync for you.  However, if you edit your contact list, you will need to send the same email again.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Sometimes we have seen it work if you temporarily switch to the Lite version of XfinityConnect to do any editing.  But notifying Plaxo is the best option.

CC

Contributor
scuba1950

The suggestion to email plaxo wth the problem worked.  Thanks to all that helped me out with this issue.

Tom

Regular Visitor
al77mercer

When I try to delete an entry by checking the box next to the name and clicking "delete" the name disappears but when I go to send an email, all the names I deleted have returned. Please advice.

Thanks

Regular Contributor
MamaB8385

Since all of the previous posts in this thread are not current (and the problem is also shown as "solved"), it would be helpful if you would please post this to the current thread that has had 18 posts in the past 5 days about this same subject. (It seems more effective to not "dilute" our efforts to "fix" things by keeping the majority of posts in the same thread). That thread can be found at:  http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Co​nnect-Help/contacts-added-to-comcast-address-book...

There are also other contacts/address book problems in the above thread that may be helpful to you, in the event you run across them as well since this appears to be a very wide-spread problem and has been confirmed as such by plaxo. I am not any kind of expert with Comcast's email; just another customer who is experiencing many problems with the email also. I hope this is helpful for you and that your experience with this board is positive. There appear to be many customers who have been "around" a long time, and who have much knowledge to share to help the rest of us. I have already learned much from them. And if nothing else, it just helps to know we aren't alone. I still hope that by "banding together" in fewer threads about the same topic, that the sheer numbers will come to the attention of Comcast's upper levels. Not everyone agrees with that feeling however, as you will see in other posts you may read. Hope you are able to at least get a few answers to your questions from the other customers here as time goes on. It does appear useful for that at least.

Email Expert
CCCarole

al77mercer wrote:

When I try to delete an entry by checking the box next to the name and clicking "delete" the name disappears but when I go to send an email, all the names I deleted have returned. Please advice.

Thanks

Which version of XfinityConnect are you using?  The Full or Lite version? One thing to try is to switch to the Lite version and make the deletions from that version.  Let us know if that helped.  If not, send an email to helpme@plaxo.com and tell them the problem you are having please.

CC

Contributor

I have the same problem, and am wondering why it doesn't just work by now, no matter which version of the browser client is being used ("Lite" or otherwise)?If it only works for one client, then it doesn't work for anyone who uses the other client, even though the interface suggests that it should work.

Does Plaxo have to make adjustments on individual accounts?

Seems like substandard behavior for a basic feature.

New Visitor
rdfise

My address book is blank when I try to send a message. However when I look at the address book section, all of my addresses are there but very light gray.

Email Expert
CCCarole

rdfise wrote:

My address book is blank when I try to send a message. However when I look at the address book section, all of my addresses are there but very light gray.

Send an email to helpme@plaxo.com.  In the subject line type :Need slow sync of address book

Include all Usernames that are being affected.

You can also temporarily switch to the Lite version to test.  Click on Preferences>General untick the Full version, and tick the Lite version.  If you do that, does it work for you or not?  Let us know.

CC

Security Expert
CajunTek

Fred, Your post was moved to a private forum because it contained too much personal information. This is a public foruim and this is to help protect your identity

New Visitor
jacolt

Each time I email someone, I have to manually type in the address. The address does not come up automatically, Sometimes, I can't remember the person's email address.

Email Expert
CCCarole