Official Employee
ComcastKen

Address Book Slow Sync

We are aware of the syncing issues with the Comcast address book and have been fixing customer's issues as we receive them.  

Just wanted to give everyone a head's up that changes are currently being made.  The most recent version of Xfinity Connect is being rolled out as we speak.  This latest version has a big change to the address book where the slow sync should be eliminated and address book contacts should be updated immediately for all contacts and composing of emails.  The rollout of the latest version should be completed within the next few weeks. I'll try to keep this thread updated with any changes to the rollout.  

In the meantime, if you are still seeing address book contact issues, please send an email to HelpMe (at) sv.comcast.com and we will continue to work with you to fix these issues.

Thanks,

Ken Tran
Comcast Silicon Valley
Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Address Book Slow Sync

Thank you for the Update, Ken we all appreciate it! :smileygrin:

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

Well over a year or so and you are finally going to try to fix the problem with slow sync. I have to see it working first to believe it.

Regular Contributor
mdecipher

I don't know if my address book problem is related to slow sync or new changes rolling out - yesterday I awoke to find my addresses in a new jumbled order.  Clicked a couple of places on the address tab but can't them arranged in alphabetical order by names.

New Visitor

Tried sending request to fix sync problem to SV.comcast.com, HelpMe at SV.comcast.com, and SV@comcast.com.  All came back as invalided email address.  What is the correct address to send a request to.

Visitor
FCMC

My address book is all jumbled  up. Not in alphabetical order.

Email Expert
CCCarole

help@sv.comcast.com is the email address

CC

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Official Employee
ComcastKen

FCMC wrote:

My address book is all jumbled  up. Not in alphabetical order.

The alphabetical issue is a known issue and a slow sync will not fix this.  The team responsible has already been notified and are working to get this resolved.  Once I hear back any updates, I'll post it up here.  This is a new issue we just discovered recently.

Thanks,

Ken Tran
Comcast Silicon Valley
New Visitor

I use the comcast.net address for my email having been a comcast subscriber for years. We recently moved to a temporary house (not a comcast user) and the address function does not work, although I still get my email. Is there a solution for this problem?

Thanks for any help . . .

Official Employee

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I use the comcast.net address for my email having been a comcast subscriber for years. We recently moved to a temporary house (not a comcast user) and the address function does not work, although I still get my email. Is there a solution for this problem?

Thanks for any help .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you seeing an error message? We see that you have 236 contacts in your address book and we've performed a slow sync. Can you try now and see if you can view the address book properly? 

Thank you,
Sharath
Comcast Silicon Valley
New Visitor

I cannot access address book. A message pops up that I need to subscribe to Comcast High Speed Internet, which I used to have at our previous residence. As I mentioned we have moved to a temporary location (not ours) and the internet service is not Comcast.

Email Expert
CCCarole

That error message(High speed Internet required) usually means a coding issue with your Account.  If you call 1-800 comcast they should be able to fix that.  Tell them the error message you are getting. Let us know after you call them.

New Visitor

I'm not getting an error message.  I make changes to someone in the address book, then go to email to send them an email and it is picking up the old email address not the one I just updated. 

Official Employee
ComcastBrianH

douglasking wrote:

I cannot access address book. A message pops up that I need to subscribe to Comcast High Speed Internet, which I used to have at our previous residence. As I mentioned we have moved to a temporary location (not ours) and the internet service is not Comcast.

I made few changes to the account in the backend. Can you please verify and let us know, if the issue is resolved.

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

Email Expert
CCCarole

This is an issue with. The syncing of the address book. XfinityConnect is currently releasing fixes.

Try switching to the Lite version of XfinityConnect. To do: Open XC, click on Preferences, then the General icon. Click edit to switch to Lite.

Does this help at all? If not, send an email to: helpme@sv.comcast.com. Request a SLOW SYNC of your address book in the Subject Line. List the Usernames. Having the issue. In the body of. Your email.

CC

New Visitor

Thanks! Switching to LTE solved this very annoying problem!

Regular Contributor
mdecipher

The number of unread or new emails no longer appear in my Xfinity home page view. This has been going on for several days.  

It appears the address book problem was addressed and corrected yesterday. I thank you for that.

Ed

Visitor

i can't access address book  either,  i get the same message  ( expletive deleted)

Email Expert
CCCarole

decider wrote:

i can't access address book  either,  i get the same message  ( expletive deleted)

This is an issue with. The syncing of the address book. XfinityConnect is currently releasing fixes.

Try switching to the Lite version of XfinityConnect. To do: Open XC, click on Preferences, then the General icon. Click edit to switch to Lite.

Does this help at all? If not, send an email to: helpme@sv.comcast.com. Request a SLOW SYNC of your address book in the Subject Line. List the Usernames. Having the issue. In the body of. Your email.

CC

New Visitor

Yes, switching to Lite solved the address book problem. However, little kinks seem to appear . . . like, for example, when I hit reply to a message, the blinking icon disappears; I then have to cancel message and re-click reply and it works. Also some of the actions don't react when clicked, such as spell check etc. I use OSX Mountain Lion (mac) and maybe Comcast isn't up to snutt with this.

Visitor
FCMC

My problem has been take care of, Thanks.

New Visitor

Just send three group emails and they went through fine.  Now trying to send a fourth one and it keeps kicking back on me.  I get an error message which I've send over to you but can't tell what to do it fix this.  I must get this out tonight...

Please help.

New Visitor

just switched my e-mail from outlook express to my Xfinity acct. How do I switch my address book too?  Only two addresses came with the transfer.

Thanks

ps....someone else with more savvy did this for me.