New Visitor

Apache and Comcast SMTP Server

Does anyone know how to configure Apache for comcasts smtp server? Any help would be great...

example of issue....

My Web Server (hosted with a dynamic ip using no-ip.com) http://alphamanipulations.com is running on a Windows XP machine with XAMPP (Apache, mysql, php, pearl) I installed PHPLive (Great Live Support Tool!!!) and it runs great! However, now when support members are offline and someone clicks it they get two options a FAQ or to email support with there issue or question....  Well I can't seem to figure out how to configure the comcast smtp server (smtp.comcast.net) for this XAMPP Server.... Keep getting a standard email cannot send php error....

Again any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Daniel

Networking Expert
Baric

Re: Apache and Comcast SMTP Server

Setup smtp and smtp_port, etc in your php.ini file.  This is all covered in your documentation.  If you need examples, Google is your friend.

The Comcast SMTP server is smtp.comcast.net.  It responds on port 25 (plaintext or SSL/TLS, auth optional), 465 (SSL, auth optional), and 587 (plaintext or SSL/TLS, auth required.

Bronze Problem Solver

Baric wrote:

Setup smtp and smtp_port, etc in your php.ini file.  This is all covered in your documentation.  If you need examples, Google is your friend.

The Comcast SMTP server is smtp.comcast.net.  It responds on port 25 (plaintext or SSL/TLS, auth optional), 465 (SSL, auth optional), and 587 (plaintext or SSL/TLS, auth required.

Authentication is required on port 465. What information do you have that gives you the idea that it isn't?
Networking Expert
Baric

Because it used to be that way, it changed, and I forget since I never use it anymore. Simple.