Contributor

Are the comcast mail servers having problems?

Numerous times today I have received the following error message when trying to access my comcast email through Apple's Mail application:

"The server returned the error: The attempt to send data to the server mail.comcast.net failed."

Anybody else having problems?  Does anyone know whether the comcast mail servers are having problems today?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Are the comcast mail servers having problems?

Can you get to Smartzone?  If not, post back with your url for your SZ server:  It will look something like this:

http://sz0003.wc.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail#2

What area are you in?  (Zipcode)  No problems here... How long has this been going on for you? 

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

I can't send mail out today 032411

Discerning wrote:

Numerous times today I have received the following error message when trying to access my comcast email through Apple's Mail application:

"The server returned the error: The attempt to send data to the server mail.comcast.net failed."

Anybody else having problems?  Does anyone know whether the comcast mail servers are having problems today?

Email Expert
CCCarole

I have notified the Administrator for you both.  It is possible there is a temporary outage in your area. 

Have you called 1-800 comcast to ask about an outage? 

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor

CCCarole wrote:

I have notified the Administrator for you both.  It is possible there is a temporary outage in your area. 

Have you called 1-800 comcast to ask about an outage? 

No, I just popped into the forums to see if anybody else was having a problem.  The problem has been occurring intermittently for me throughout the day today.  My mail app is accessing other email accounts on other mail servers and they are all operating normally, so I don't think it is related to my internet connection.  That's why I was wondering whether the comcast servers might have been experiencing some kind of a hiccup?

Email Expert
CCCarole

I don't know how soon someone from Comcast will see theseposts, so I would call 1-800 comcast to see if they have any information for you.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

A few times today, Mac Mail has stopped on fetching my Comcast mail. I just click on that account and then the Get Mail icon.

I have not changed any settings, typed my password, or done anything else. The mail is coming in. But  the Comcast server seems to be being balky.

Official Employee
Michael_JK

Hello Discerning,

So I can troubleshoot this issue, I will PM you to obtain additional account details.

Apologies for the inconvenience, hopefully we can get to the bottom of the issue.

Regards,

MIke.

Contributor
janismurph

i am having an error every 5 minutes for the past 2 days- enter your user name and password for the following server. mail.comcast. net- then my user name and password are already entered. I click cancel and 5 min or less later the same error comes up. has this been happeneing to you too?

Contributor

Had same problem all day. Downloaded desktop DR.,ran it ,and it helped fix the problem.

Regular Visitor

Having the same problem here (North Florida)  ... actually a recurring problem over the past few years: repeatedly being asked to enter password, and having to click "get mail" when the messages are blocked from appearing.  So far have been able to work around the problem but a permanent fix would be nice.

Contributor
janismurph

yes I did call for support- first I got disconnected and the phone tech did NOT call me back, then I did get hhelp and it helped temporarily, but seems to be back again.

Official Employee
Michael_JK

Hello Janismurph,

I sent you a private message for additional information.

Thanks and apologies,

Mike.

New Visitor
DTrainorIII

I am having a problem today where I can login- see my inbox etc. but I can not open any of my mail in any of my folders.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Did you clear your cache?  Which browser are you using?

New Visitor
DTrainorIII

It's working today.

Thanks!

New Visitor

Yep. My problem is that I can enter in the recipent and the message title with no problem. But, when i try to type my message, I cannot do it. The "curser" is not there. I don't know if it is a MAC problem or if there is a problem at Comcast's end. I say that because my MAC has been very troublsome, where as my PC [Windows 7] has been nearly trouble free. 

Regular Contributor
TomM