New Visitor

Automatically forward email

How can I automatically forward all my email from comcast.net (Xfinity Connect) to my gmail address?  Since comcast changed to Xfinity I cannot find the forwarding option.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Automatically forward email

dmgmd50 wrote:

How can I automatically forward all my email from comcast.net (Xfinity Connect) to my gmail address?  Since comcast changed to Xfinity I cannot find the forwarding option.

Hello,

1. Login to your xfinity connect.

2, Click the preference tab

3, Click on the email on the left side

4. Click on auto forwarding option

From there follow the ine instruction and click save and your done.

New Visitor
mczim

Where is the auto forwarding option?  Is this all reliable?  Will all emails come into gmail with the original sender's name or with sender as my comcast account?

New Visitor

Will my Xfinity mailbox keep a copy of all my emails if they are automatically forwarded to gmail?

Email Expert
Latoque

dmgmd50 wrote:

Will my Xfinity mailbox keep a copy of all my emails if they are automatically forwarded to gmail?

If you want to leave a copy on the Comcast mail server you can.  At one point in the set up process you can tick a box to "Keep a Local Copy".  Follow the procedure reasd posted and you'll see it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Email Expert
CCCarole
New Visitor
DDConsulting

There is no email tab on the left side, not is there a forwarding button anywhere that I can find. I can't find antything on the forum that's recent. 

New Visitor
jmsatl

You do this from My Account, not Webmail.  There is an email settings option.  You click the Users & Preferences tab on the top then you will see about 1/4 from the top next to "Basic Settings" a tab that says "Email Settings" Email Forwarding is there.  

New Visitor
MikeWheeler99

Don't use Google Chrome, Email Settings does not show up. Firefox is confirmed working as of 3/3/2014.