Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

BLOCKING SENDER

THIS MAY HAVE BEEN ASKED BEFORE, BUT,

IS THERE ANY WAY TO BLOCK A CERTAIN PERSON FROM EMAILING ME?

HE KEEPS SENDING ME THIS EMAIL FOR A DATING SERVICE HE'S ON

THROUGH HIS @LIVE.COM ADDRESS ON WINDOWS.

I'M ON WINDOWS AS WELL BUT HE IS NOT LISTED AS ONE OF MY CONTACTS.

I HAVE SENT HIM AN EMAIL ASKING HIM TO REMOVE & STOP...BUT WHAT IF

HE DOESN'T?  IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO ON THIS END SO HIS EMAILS DON'T COME

THROUGH TO MY COMCAST EMAIL?

THANK YOU SO MUCH !

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: BLOCKING SENDER

[ Edited ]

If  the sender's address is the same one each time the method below should work to block the mail because  the From: field in the filter set up will have the address in it. 

HIGHLIGHT the mail in your INBOX. RIGHT click on the highlighted mail. Choose New Filter.

filter.PNG

filter2.PNG

Discard if you never want to see the mail. Otherwise you can have it sent to a specific folder such as trash or spam. NOTE:: if in addition to the sender address being the same each time the SUBJECT is always the same you can leave the subject field in the filter.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Contributor

Thank You Queen-Evie !

DONE!

Now I just wait to see if it worked, I've

been known to not comprehend computer

cr*p sometimes-lol

TY again

Peace & Blessings

Patti

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

If it doesn't work please post back here. In fact, you could also let us know it DID work.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Contributor

I WILL QUEEN-EVIE & THANKS AGAIN!

Email Expert
CCCarole

Your post was moved to it's own thread since this was a very old thread. Click the blue link to see your post and any replies to it.