Frequent Visitor

Can I still resize attachments using COMCAST email?

Hello. I used to be able to reduce the size of my photo attachments very easily using an option in the Comcast.net email interface. That option seems to have been removed. I would like to resize my pictures to send without the headache of having to install and use separate software. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Service Expert
Bartleby

Re: Can I still resize attachments using COMCAST email?

It's all about initial file size, really.  If you save pictures you want to send via e-mail, they shouldn't be full-blown 16 megapixel images.  (Yours may be smaller, but you've not provided any info.)

I don't know how recently you "used to be able to" resize a photo entirely using the webmail or SmartZone interfaces.  I don't recall that being a simple thing (or even possible) via those browser interfaces.  I don't regularly use the photo features available, but try to keep up with what's there--and it has always been limited.

For a while, nobody but professionals had digital cameras that would tax an e-mail system for the odd photo attachment, or two.  But now, camera image sizes can exceed what an e-mail provider allows as an attachment, when you add several to an e-mail.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Can I still resize attachments using COMCAST email?

If you post back with which operating system you have, we may be able to help you further with ways to resize.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.