New Visitor
SusanJaye

Can't Get into My email

I can signon to my Comcast account and see that I have X many emails available but when I click on the go into my email, nothing happens.  I can't get that or voicemail to open.  This is the first time this has happened to me.  What is going on?

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Can't Get into My email

Hello,

If you are having problems you can try m.comcast.net/m

Visitor
revasspencer

[ Edited ]

im having the same issue but i have 3000 dollars worth of retail that i will lose if i cant get access to my email and ill make sure comcast pays for that with that said i have less then 24 hours to get my reciept numbers sent to me via email. i dont get the numbers i cant pick my products up and i forfit my products. i had 48 hours from yesterday and now less then 24 left

Email Expert
CCCarole

Did you try using m.comcast.net?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Official Employee
cc_xc

What browser(s) does this happen on?  Does it happen on other browsers or computers?

Official Employee
cc_xc

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem as the original poster SusanJaye.  I read my email this morning & turned off my computer.  When I turned it on later, the email preview page opens, but when I try to get to the mail, the page does not load.

Xfinity lite  internet mail

Vista 32-bit

IE 9 (cache emptied)

I just noticed Windows update installed a cumulative security update for IE 9.  I don't know what changes that may have made.

I downloaded & intstalled Firefox & Xfinity mail is working in Firefox.

New Visitor
dawnshorb

I keep tryinh to get into my email since the 15th of this month and goes to a page saying email not availible  and also right on the page says I need comcast high speed internet service to get into my mail????????

Dawnshorb

New Visitor
cheerokee

I am having the same problem.  I can see that I have emails, but when I try to open up the email page, all I get is the page loading but never opens up.  I have done nothing with my computer, nor have I installed anything, this just started happening yesterday.  I cannot even open up the comcast live chat page to ask them what is going on?

Email Expert
CCCarole

dawnshorb wrote:

I keep tryinh to get into my email since the 15th of this month and goes to a page saying email not availible  and also right on the page says I need comcast high speed internet service to get into my mail????????

Dawnshorb

Call 1800 Comcast. The error saying you need high speed Internet indicates a problem with your Account that a Comcast Rep can fix.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Email Expert
CCCarole

Cherokee- This is swell know issue that Comcastis aware of but no fix yet. You can try the following: Clear your cache, reset your browser to the default settings, or try a different browser. If you must get to your email, try using the www.m.comcast.net site. It is a very basic email, but you should be able to get to your email.

Contributor

This is happening to me  now too.  I can see my inbox, see that I have emails, but when I try to get into the inbox I'm just asked to log in again via another window.  Log in, new window to log in again, over and over.  Can't get in!

that m.comcast.net site won't come up at all for me, so that's not a solution.  :smileysad:

I am using IE 9.0.8.112

I'm on a netbook with that scaled down version of windows.  I don't use any other emails with it.  And yes, I deleted all cookies, etc.

Firefox is working, for now, but this is really unacceptable.

New Visitor
dawnshorb

issue resolved thanks for all of your help was a problem with connection on comcast side

New Visitor

no don't call them. I just did and the woman told me to call internet explorer and figure out how to change my ports. she thinks thats the problem but i'm not sure. 

New Visitor
rpmw

I have been having this same problem off and on for about 3 weeks.  The email preview will be available but when I go to the inbox, it will not open.  Usually by the next day it will work right.  I called once and was told there were some "upgrades" being done that might be the cause.  I am pretty annoyed with it and am considering a change from Comcast. 

Email Expert
CCCarole

rpmw wrote:

I have been having this same problem off and on for about 3 weeks.  The email preview will be available but when I go to the inbox, it will not open.  Usually by the next day it will work right.  I called once and was told there were some "upgrades" being done that might be the cause.  I am pretty annoyed with it and am considering a change from Comcast. 

This has been an on going issue that Comcast is aware of and working on fixes.

Do try all of these:

Clear browser cache  ( which browser/version do you use too please?)

Reset your browser to the default settings 9Save Favs & Bookmarks first)

Try a different browser

If you are using the Full version, switch to the Lite version of XfinityConnect:

(TO do:  Open XC and click on Preferencxes> General.  If the Full version is checked, check the Lite version.  Close and re-open XC.  You should now be in the Lite version.  Can you access your email with the Lite version?

Post back.

New Visitor

can't read emails will not connect

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

donnalf wrote:

can't read emails will not connect

You did not include enough information for us to try to help you.

What are you using for email please?  XfinityConnect?  An email client?  Which one?

Are you getting an error messages?  Copy/ paste the entire error  message.

Have you cleared your cache?

which browser/ version are you using?

Have you tried a different browser?

Explain exactly how you are trying to access Email, and exactly what happens when you do.

CC

New Visitor
rpmw

Do you realize how long it has been since I reported this problem?  When I called in about the problem, I was told it was probably due to upgrades that were going on to the system and it should clear up over time.  I thought that was probably just an excuse, however the problem seems to have resolved itself, so that must have been the problem.  Thank you.

New Visitor
Rasanova

I am having this problem as well. I sign in to comcast/xfinity, and see that I have new messages. But when I click the inbox, I get directed to the "Access requires Comcast High-Speed Internet" page.

I have tried using the m.comcast.net link but get the same problem.

I have tried using different browsers. (Explorer, Chrome)

I have tried clicking on "preferences," and it brings me to the "access requiers high-speed internet" page.

This is a serious problem, and it seems many people have had the same issue! We rely on our email and need to be able to access it.  

Email Expert
Latoque

Rasanova----------

Have you called Comcast?  It seems to me that after everything you have tried there must be something going on with your actual account.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
New Visitor
Rasanova

I tried everything listed here first EXCEPT calling comcast... Turns out that was all I needed to do. After a quick phone call, (well maybe not exactly quick... Got bounced around a couple times) they were able to remove a block on my email account. Everything is working now.

Anyone else finding this post from a google search like I did... Just call 800-COMCAST and they can fix it. Assuming you are in their database as the primary account member, that is.

New Visitor
mhm9300

I have the same problem and on those few occasions I was able to open my email I received a critical error report,

New Visitor
mhm9300

This appears to be a common problem with comcast email. I am a new xfinity customer and this is disturbing.

Email Expert
CCCarole

mhm9300 wrote:

I have the same problem and on those few occasions I was able to open my email I received a critical error report,

Please describe the problem you are having in detail.  Whatt error messages, if any, are you getting?

Whcih version of XfinityConnect do you use, full or lite?  (To check:  Open XfinityConnect, in the Preview window click on Preferences>General.  Which version is checked?

CC

Visitor
revasspencer

i havent tried to get into my email. i dont know why you received a message from me

Email Expert
CCCarole

revasspencer wrote:

i havent tried to get into my email. i dont know why you received a message from me

Whenever you post in a thread in the forums, you will receive an email notification anty time anyone posts in that thread.  That is the default setting for subscriptions.  If you do not want to receive the notifications for the thread:  Open the thread, then on the top left side you see TOPIC OPTIONS.  Click there, then click on UNSUBSCRIBE.

CC

Email Expert
CCCarole

Networking Expert
kevj