New Visitor
SteveTesta

Can't attach files to e-mails

Comcast e-mail will not let me attach documents to my e-mails when I click on "Add Attachment" nothing happens.

Also have been getting the following error message "An error occurred while initializing the zimlet "Comcast _ Search???

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Can't attach files to e-mails

[ Edited ]

Hello,

You really have not provided us much info. You mention comcast email but you have not mention the full or the lite version.  Try clearing your browser cookies,cache and history and reset your browser to the default settings. What have you tried to fix the problem? Have you search the forum to see if other customers had this problem and if anything was resolved. Most of these problem have been asked numerous of times with some solution already posted.

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

The Zimlet Search Error indicates a coding problem with your Account.  Call 1-800 Comcast and tell them the error message.  They should be able to fix it for you.

If you are using the Full version on XfinityConnect do this:

Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences > General and tick the box for the Lite version.

Do this after Comcast fixes the error message if the coding issue does not solve the problem with attachments.  Are you attachments size under 35Mb'S?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor

Having the same issue , I am trying to send pictures and when I try to attach them

nothing happens. Worked yesterday I sent some pics to friends via email no problem.

Even tried doing only one pic at a time & that didn't work either

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

rss60 wrote:

Having the same issue , I am trying to send pictures and when I try to attach them

nothing happens. Worked yesterday I sent some pics to friends via email no problem.

Even tried doing only one pic at a time & that didn't work either

Are you using the full or the lite version of XfinityConnect?  To check, and to change to the Lite version:

Open xfinityConnect, click on Preferences>General.  Which one is checked?  If full, check the box for Lite.  Close & re-open XfinityConnect.  Can send attach using Lite?

Also clear your browser cache.  You can also try using. Different browser.

Let us know if this helps you.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor
SteveTesta

Switching to the Lite version fixed my problem.

Thank You!

Email Expert
CCCarole

Good to hear it worked for you! :smileywink:

There are some on going issues with the FULL version of XfinityConnect.  Comcast is aware of them and is working on fixes.  The LITE version uses a different platform then the Full version and doesn't appear to have the same issues as the Full one.  I would stick with the Lite version until these iossues have been fixed.

CC

Visitor

Thanks ! I tried what you suggested & it seems to be working now

New Visitor
cpage777

I can not attach files to my email.  I get a zimlet error.  Why?????

New Visitor
kbrown1056

I am having this same issue.  I have 5 computers with windows 7 professional, 2 of them I cannot attach files to an email.  I do not get an error message, it times out.  I am not getting any help from Comcast or Windows technical support. I would appreciate it if someone could give me some help.  I have already spent 4 hours with Windows and 2 with Comcast.

1.  I am not using Outlook express.

2.  I am sending emails from the Comcast email log in.

New Visitor
Captmother

where is the solution ton this problem???????????

Official Employee
ComcastAnthony

New Visitor
kbrown1056

Thank you for your late responce but we took care of it ourselves.  If Comcasts technical support had run a diagnostics on our equipment like I asked them to I would not have been inconvenienced for so long. I had to pay someone to come into my business and see what was going on. The router was out dated and could not keep up with the 64bit Windows 7 Professional so I went to Staples and bought a new one. Problem solved.

To anyone else with this problem: If your computer is timing out attaching files to your email look at your router, before you spend hundreds of dollars in so called support

New Visitor

Comcast e-mail will not let me attach documents to my e-mails when I click on "Add Attachment" nothing happens.

Also have been getting the following error message "An error occurred while initializing the zimlet "Comcast _ Search???

Networking Expert
kevj

The zimlet issue is referenced in this thread:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/ZIMLET-SEARCH-ERROR-ISSUE/m-p/1402019

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Send feedback to Comcast using the 'feedback' link on this page:
http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html?SCRedirect=true

Email Expert
CCCarole

Regarding attachments:

Problem adding attachments

Re: I cannot add attachment to email [ New ]
Options
‎01-12-2013 11:09 AM

This is caused by IE add-ons.  For example the Add-on publisher "Amazing Apps / 215 Apps" Add-on Name "I Want This" will cause the error if the add-on is enabled.

I would recommend that you disable all add-ons in IE (Tools -> Manage Ad-ons, select each add-on and click disable), then RESTART IE to see if the error goes away.  If the error does go away then you can then do the following to determine which add-on is causing the problem.

1) enable one of the previously disabled add-ons (Tools -> Manage Ad-ons, select an add-on and click enable)

2) restart the browser

3) re-open the browser and goto comcast.net email to see if you get the error again

repeat steps 1-3 until you get the error again

once you get the error you will know that the last add-on enable was the one that caused the problem.

If an add-on is greyed out and unable to be disabled from the menu, then you'll need to go to control panel and uninstall the program that installed the rogue add-on.