New Visitor

Can't attach photos to email

Since the new upgrade, I have not been able to attach any photos to my emails. I keep getting a "mail.SEND_FAILURE" message. Anyone else have this problem?
Email Expert
JR071702

Re: Can't attach photos to email

[ Edited ]

RodBoz wrote:
Since the new upgrade, I have not been able to attach any photos to my emails. I keep getting a "mail.SEND_FAILURE" message. Anyone else have this problem?

From your description, it sounds like you can attach the photos, but you can't send the e-mail with the attached photos (the SEND_FAILURE message).

Does this happen when you are sending photos to a particular e-mail address or to any recipient?     If it is to a particular person, can you send e-mails to that person that don't have any photos attached?

Can you copy and paste the entire content of the error message in a reply here?   IF there is a "Show details" button on the pop-up window with the error message, can you click on that and copy and paste the test of the detailed error message here as well?

Edit:  I tried sending attachments that totalled larger than the maximum size allowed (10 M:smileycool: and I got a SEND_FAILURE message.   If your picture is larger than this (or you are sending multiple photos that add up to more than 10 MB in size), then this is the cause of your error message.  

If you were sending multiple photos in the e-mail, then reduce the number of photos so that the total size of the attachments is less than 10 MB.   If you are sending a single photo, then you will have to resize the photo before attaching it (to reduce the space taken by the file).     

If you do not want to resize the photos, then use a website such as http://www.yousendit.com to send the photos.

Thanks,

JR

Message Edited by JR071702 on 07-13-2009 06:42 AM
New Visitor

I can attach photos to the email, but it won't let me send it to anyone regardless of the recipient or address. I've tried to send pix way smaller than 10mb, and still recieves error message. SmartZone will not let me copy and paste the error message. The cursor will not post in the message box.
Email Expert
CCCarole

Can you post what the error message says?  Can you tell us what steps you are taking to attach a pix?

What are you using for e-mail, Smartzone regular, Lite, or an e-mail client?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.