New Visitor
Sgreen615

Re: Can't configure Comcast email on iPhone iOS 5

FYI it works with 3G and on my Wifi.
Web Page Expert
BethKatz

So changing the name field might have been what fixed your problem?

New Visitor
Sgreen615

That might be  accurate.  I had both smtp ports set up with the ssl on with my previous settings and nothing changed.  The only change I made that allowed my iPhone emails to immediately pass through the comcast smtp server was the name and description in my POP settings on my phone. I find that change to be the only thing that was creating the problem, but we will not know unless someone else can verify it. 

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

same issue: I turned off the account and created a new one - this solved the problem. Interestingly all settings were identical. GO FIGURE

New Visitor
boshoney

I am having the same problem that several other post have had with inconsistent delivery of my comcast emails. It started after I deleted and old work email account.   I have deleted and reset the comcast mail server and I is now the primary email account.   The phone shows that I is updating according to the fetch schedule but not bringing all email back.  Since yesterday when i reset it brought in 3 of 12 emails that had hit the account and didn't bring over any that hit today approx  20 more.  I had hope that the setting that you posted which seemed to help several others would help me but my settings were exactly as posted. 

Any other suggestion I am getting frustrated.  I have talked with Comcast and verizon help and neither have helped resolve the issue. 

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

How many messages do you have stored in your inbox on the server? Move all of them into a temporary folder on the server (use the web-based Xfinity Connect), then send yourself mail. 

It may be that the server-client connection is stumbling over one or more of your messages or the sheer volume of messages. POP mail checks which messages have been downloaded each time it checks for mail. If you are doing that frequently and have a large number of messages, that's a lot of small details to process each time you check mail.

Regular Visitor

Thank you sooooo much!  I was at my wit's end!!!  I salute you!

New Visitor

These comspastic morons can't do anything useful. I would never consider downloading an ap from them if they can't even manage an SNMP server change without breaking customer accounts. I'm not surprised the are having whole service outages too
New Visitor

So let me see if I understand this. The Mensa club over at xfinity figured they would change the mail servers port number, and it wouldn't impact users ability to connect to their "service"... Brilliant!
Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Alan, it isn't clear what isn't working for you and which part of setting up the mail app on your iPhone you're missing.

The settings I show in the screenshots at this thread work:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Screenshots-of-iPhone-5-mail-settings/m...

New Visitor
bevschaefer

Bthe, just wanted to say thanks, your screen shots were great and I was able to send email from my iPhone iOS6

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

You're welcome. 

I took the unusual step of marking my own post in the iOS screenshots thread as a solution. Maybe that will help people find it.

New Visitor
smoove77

I was having problems with comcast and iphone 5 - was not able to forward or reply to emails from my phone.  I turned off Icloud and wha la!  I can now again reply to and forward emails from my phone.

config was the same as what I've seen posted here.  The trick was turning off Icloud.

Visitor

I had probs with comcast mail lately, so i reconfigured the mail in my iphone4s. I am able to get mail, but it is from last month! anything new does not load...any thoughts?

Contributor
remcintosh

I am very disappointed with Comcast support on this topic. I have had my I-phone for 2 weeks and have tried to get this resolved. I-Phone and T-Mobile say this is a Comcast issue. I think they just want to see us their Advanced Technical support for $29.99. Really disappointed with Comcast!!  

Contributor
remcintosh

Has anyone been able to connect their I-phone 5 with T-Mobile's new Service to Comcast Mail. I am getting the run around. I have been on with T-Mobile, Apple and Comcast for at least an hour each and no one has been able to resolve the issue. Comcast says they can resolve if I subscribe to their Advanced Technology support. What a scam!

Bronze Problem Solver

remcintosh wrote:

I am very disappointed with Comcast support on this topic. I have had my I-phone for 2 weeks and have tried to get this resolved. I-Phone and T-Mobile say this is a Comcast issue. I think they just want to see us their Advanced Technical support for $29.99. Really disappointed with Comcast!!  

The iphone is known for not being able to deal with "too many" messages stored on the server. Login to webmail and see how many messages are in your Inbox. How many?

Contributor
remcintosh

I was never told by anyone at Comcast after multiple calls that I needed to have my mail file a certain size. Can you tell me what size it needs to be for it to work? I will start to delete e-mails. Does it matter if they are in my in box or if I have some saved in folders? 

Email Expert
CCCarole

Start by deleting in the Inbox, then test, repeat,etc.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
wcoker

Good news!  I have had all of the bad problems listed above... spent hours with Comcast technicians, only to be told to go to the Apple store for help.  In desperation, I made one last call to a Signature Technician.  Joe solved the problem by temporarily suspending my account, then re-activating it.  Immediately, I was able to verify my password in the Iphone settings and all of my unread emails since yesterday downloaded to my phone.  

Joe said he was not responsible for email problems, but hated to transfer me to another department after all I been through.  He said he had heard about this solution a couple of times, but it wasn't in the manual.  Thanks, Joe! I hope it works for everyone else!

New Visitor
aleaness

I am having the same issue. Since yesterday I can no longer receive or send mail from my comcast account on my iphone 5

New Visitor
forbes36

I saw somebody above mention that turning off iCloud on their iPhone 5 fixed their Comcast mail problem.  My husband has both an iPad and an iPhone 5 and neither one has been able to get or send email for a about a week now (working fine in the past).

I went in to the settings > iCloud and deleted the account (big red button at the bottom of the settings screen).  I clicked on "save files & settings on this device" just in case I ever need to re-establish it. then clicked on "done".

Bingo!  Both devices immediately started to download mail and appear to be working just fine now.

New Visitor

Hallelujia!  I spent 90 mins. w/Apple support last night and another hour this morning. The key having the problem of not being able to send email via my Iphone via comcast was solved by re-entering the password in both the incoming and outgoing mail settings.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Visitor

Does it occur to all these frustrated users who can't get comcast mail on iphone----that Comcast is lazy/irresponsible/indifferent/stupid in not solving this problem? 

Comcast help sent me to the Phillipines where the man told me they could Certainly fix the problem, for $49.95!!!!!!!!!!   Unconscionable!

Two high tech and rich companies, Apple help, Apple store and Comcast help unable to solve the problem!!!!! 

(*&^(&%^&*^)*&*(&)(_(_ !!!!!!!

New Visitor

BethKatz,  Yay!

Regarding the topic of:  able to receive email but not send.

Spent 2 hours trying to figure out why I had this problem after replacing my iPhone 4s to a 5s.

Your screenshots were GREAT to go through and each setting, but it was the reminder to check the passwords in TWO places which corrected my problem.  Just needed to re-type it in the outgoing box.  THANK YOU!!

Email Expert
CCCarole

Duplicate post removed. Do not post the same post in multiple threads please.

New Visitor
Blackgolding

Yes, I was on the Phone with the Sprint Tech and he had be reset the phone and re-install my comcast account several times with no avail.  I can receive mail, just can't send them.  I hope we get a solution soon.  

Service Expert
Again

Blackgolding wrote:

Yes, I was on the Phone with the Sprint Tech and he had be reset the phone and re-install my comcast account several times with no avail.  I can receive mail, just can't send them.  I hope we get a solution soon.  

Did you check Beth Katz's link to setting up iPhone 5?  It is the very first message in this thread.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

New Visitor
ssjarrell

Thanks in advance Beth. At least I did not receive the cannot send mail notice. I have been receiving. It says "cannot get mail" then a few seconds later it downloads current mail. Waiting for replies hoping the swoosh and no notice of cannot send means I am okay thanks to you.
New Visitor
ssjarrell

Uh oh, spoke too soon!Received Delivery status notification that delivery was aborted on those replies ! I may have to just go back to snail mail and cancel Comcast. I have been having this trouble for months.