New Visitor

Can't get Outlook address book contacts to sync properly with Xfinity address book

Hello,

I recently installed the Outlook Plug-In to allow synchronization between my Xfinity address book and the one placed in my Outlook 2010 application.

I started small to feel it out and see how it works, so I only had about 35 or so contacts in the Outlook Address Book (named Xfinity Address Book) that was created when the Plug-In was installed.  Only about half of the contacts in the Outlook Address Book synced to the Xfinity Address Book.

I removed and added several contacts in the Outlook Address Book in question, but so far only 20 contacts have synced.

Additionally, any contacts with photos (most all of mine) when they do sync, the photo does not sync and must be done manually; what a pain, because that step basically has to be performed twice for each contact!!

Any idea on how to resolve the non-syncing issue for contacts from Outlook to Xfinity?

Operating system is Windows 7 (Bit)

I do not have any other type of plug-in, such as Plaxo, except Blackberry Desktop Manager.  By the way everything syncs from Outlook to my Blackberry flawlessly, including photos.

Thanks,

Wayne

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Can't get Outlook address book contacts to sync properly with Xfinity address boo

It sounds to me as though Xfinity Connect needs to do a slow sync of your address book.  There has been an issue with this for some users for quite a while, and a fix is supposed to happen soon.

Send an email to:

helpme@sv.comcast.com

In the Subject field, type in:  Slow sync needed of address book

In the body of the email, list the usernames having the issue.

That team can fix this for you.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

Re: Can't get Outlook address book contacts to sync properly with Xfinity address boo

Thanks for the response. 

Do you know if the "Slow Sync" you refer to is different from the "Full Sync" option in the Outlook settings where you have the option to enable or disable either (or both) the "Quick Sync" or "Full Sync" as well as set the frequency of them??

Sync Settings.png

Email Expert
CCCarole

The slow sync I referenced is something that is done on the Comcast end by Comcast Moderators,etc.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.