New Visitor
pamsg

Can't get into email on Chrome or IE

Everytime I try to log in to read my email, I get the following message.  I have cleared cache and cookies in both Chrome and IE 9. 

Comcast.net email and voice mail is currently unavailable.

Some customers may experience problems accessing comcast.net email and
voicemail through the SmartZone® Communications Center at this time. Our
engineers are aware of this issue and are working to resolve this as soon as
possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please see http://www.comcast.net/outagenotification
for the latest information.

Are there other options for reading emails??? 

New Visitor
nonam3

Re: Can't get into email on Chrome or IE

I can't get into via Firefox either. The link for the latest information does not work either.

pamsg wrote:

Everytime I try to log in to read my email, I get the following message.  I have cleared cache and cookies in both Chrome and IE 9. 

Comcast.net email and voice mail is currently unavailable.

Some customers may experience problems accessing comcast.net email and
voicemail through the SmartZone® Communications Center at this time. Our
engineers are aware of this issue and are working to resolve this as soon as
possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please see http://www.comcast.net/outagenotification
for the latest information.

Are there other options for reading emails??? 

New Visitor

There seems to be an overall outage.  It is additionally frustrating that the outage notification link that Comcast provided is not valid. The message for that link is "Webpage Not Found".  Comcast needs to do better. 

New Visitor
nonam3

Yes. Agree. I tried Google to find out if anyone else has the problem with no success. I finally found this forum, but I wonder if anyone from Comcast monitors it.  It's been over 25 minutes since the first post. 

New Visitor
pamsg

I don't know if any of you have this option, but I did find that I could access my email through my xoom tablet, which would lead me to believe that I can also probably access it on my phone.  It would seem if there was an overall outage, I wouldn't be able to access it on those devices.  Unless they access it before it goes through some other Comcast hoops.  

Official Employee
CC_MikeH

We were in the process of upgrading several of our mail servers last night and early this morning.  Please let me know if you continue to see this 'unavailable' page.  If you have seen this before you should now see the upgraded email page when you login.

Contributor
go77

I received the message "email and voice mail currently unavailable" this morning.  I cannot access my email.

Contributor
go77

Shortly after my post about the inability to access my email, I was able to do so.  There is a new email format and appearance.  I don't like it, and one reason is that the blue color obscures the first part of the in box messages. 

Email Expert
CCCarole

go77 wrote:

Shortly after my post about the inability to access my email, I was able to do so.  There is a new email format and appearance.  I don't like it, and one reason is that the blue color obscures the first part of the in box messages. 

Can you explain where you are seeing the first part of the Inbox messages obscured?  I don't see that?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
go77

The messages that are in my in box are listed.  Each one has a box to the left of it.  When I move my cursor to a given message, before clicking on it, a blue (not a light color, either) bar stretches across the whole line, obscuring the first few words of the message. 

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

go77, can you take a screenshot of what this looks like or describe it differently?

Which web browser are you using? 

I'm thinking  that you have been switched to Xfinity Connect, but I don't see obscuring color when using it in Chrome on my Mac. I do get email expansions that pop-up as shown below.

XFconnList.png

Contributor
go77

Yes, I now have Xfinity Connect. 

Your example shows the bright blue bar highlighting the inbox message all the way across the screen.  The name of the sender and the topic can be read since they shows up white on blue, but the first few words of the message following the name of the sender and topic are not in white, but a barely readible gray. 

Contributor
go77

Oops!   shows should be show   (plural verb)

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

[ Edited ]

Ooooooo! I see. I'll add an example to this message in a few minutes. I messed up my columns moving things around. Edit: Changing column width and location is a pain and NOT intuitive. I'll check it in Firefox rather than Chrome.

That's not something I saw because I don't show snippets of messages in the preview. We'll see if we can get it changed with the other color problems.

ObscuredText.png

The snippet text is far too light. It cannot be seen through that blue. Why is it such a light gray?

Contributor
go77

Thanks!