Visitor

Can't get into email

Trying to get into my email account to check my emails, but every time I click on the email bar and it starts loading the communications center, it gets stuck on the blue screen that says:

Smartzone Communications Center

Powered by Comcast

I can't get into it through my Ipod either, it reads: 

Cannot Get Mail

The mail server "mail.comcast.net" is not responding.  Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings.

The thing is that I have entered the correct info earlier today and it was working just fine.  Could there be a problem with my Safari browser?

Contributor
Yukonse

Re: Can't get into email

Hello kipprs,

If you are accessing your Email online, you can try to use the direct linkhttp://www.comcast.net/smartzone/ 

If you are still having issues accessing your email using Safari, you to use another browser (ie. Internet Explorer 7 or 8 and Mozilla Firefox). You can also try to Optimize your browser. 

With regard your iPod, you can also try to access your Email using the Moblie Web email of Comcast, just pull your iPod or iPhones browser (usually Safari) and go to this is the link:   http://m.comcast.net/m/

And for the settings of you iPod/iPhone Mail you can also try this settings:

If you are having issues with this feature verify the settings on your device match these: 

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) name:

smtp.comcast.net Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) port: 465

Make sure your SMTP server is set to use authentication.

The username and password will be same for the SMTP server as it is for the POP3 server. 

Incoming Mail Server (POP3) name:

mail.comcast.net Incoming Mail Server (POP3) port: 995

New Visitor
jessica_kenney

This is funny!! I've tried every route to get my emails for the past 3 days now.  There's a problem with the server and it cannot verify my password or my log in is incorrect are the error messages I'm getting.  I call and I'm told there's an "email outage" in my service area.  When will it be back up and running?  Nobody can say.  I pay how much a month to get service like this?!?!?!  I'm planning my wedding and since it's not local I've been relying on communications through email.  Now I need to open an new email account through somebody else so I can continue to communicate and function.  Let's also mention that I use the comcast account for work.  Let's hope I haven't missed anything important from my employees!  Fix the problem, Comcast!!!  Verizon looks better and better every day!!!!!!!!

Official Employee
CC_MikeH

jessica_kenney - are you still having this issue?

Contributor
CrystalHilbert2

I don't know if she is, but I sure as heck am. Mine's been down since a little before noon and I'm expecting an important email from a potential employer. Hope I don't get passed over for the job because Comcast can't get its act together. :smileylaugh:

New Visitor
ukeman

I'm having the same issue.  Can't get mail via pop.  Webmail is fine.  Yesterday it was a login issue today it can't find the mailbox in the database (blob not found.)

Official Employee
CC_MikeH

ukeman & 

I apologize for the inconvenience.  There was an issue on the server that your accounts were on that is being fixed right now.  This has been a priority 1 issue since it was discovered, unfortunately it wasn't a quick fix.  The word we've received is that it will be fixed by noon at the very latest.

Official Employee
CC_MikeH

ukeman & 

Visitor
greenie66

I still cannot receive e-mail from the comcast server.

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

Greenie- I gave replied in the other thread where you also posted.  LINK  An Adminstrator has been notified.

To avoid confusion please keep your posts in one thread.  Thanks.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor

I'm all good.

Contributor
jetes

I am unable to get to 'SmartZone' using any link since yesterday.

Email Expert
CCCarole

jetes wrote:

I am unable to get to 'SmartZone' using any link since yesterday.

Can you provide some details?  What is happening exactly?  Any error messages? 

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor
jetes

CCCarole: I login as usual from http://www.comcast.net/. I get the first splash screen "SmartZone". Nothing happens after that.

If I return to http://www.comcast.net/ I can see the previews of my emails listed and the number of emails is listed underneath "Email". Clicking email just brings me back to the "Smartzone" splash.

I can access email at home using outlook. This started yesterday morning. No change to this system.

Contributor
jetes

[ Edited ]

Some more info.

Internet Explorer reports "Error on Page". Details are:

Line: 2579

Char: 3

Error" 'AjxHistoryMgr' is undefined

Code: 0

URL: http://sz0117.ev.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail

Email Expert
CCCarole

jetes wrote:

CCCarole: I login as usual from http://www.comcast.net/. I get the first splash screen "SmartZone". Nothing happens after that.

If I return to http://www.comcast.net/ I can see the previews of my emails listed and the number of emails is listed underneath "Email". Clicking email just brings me back to the "Smartzone" splash.

I can access email at home using outlook. This started yesterday morning. No change to this system.

Are you using the Full version of Lite version of Smartzone on this machine? Please also post which server you are on so we can see if it was one that was having trouble yesterday.  Look at the address bar url when you click on Smartzone.  It should look similar to mine.

http://sz0003.wc.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail#1

Did you clear your cache yet?

New Visitor
ukeman

Spoke too soon.  The issue has returned on one of my accounts.  Again, it's a blob error.

Official Employee
CC_MikeH

ukeman, i'll send you a private message to fix this

Contributor
jetes

CCCarole:

If by "clearing cache" you mean deleting cookies and temp internet files, yes I have done that.

The url I get to in SmartZone is:

http://sz0117.ev.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail

I do not know the difference between lite and full versions of "SmartZone"... As I said earlier, I am simply trying to login from www.comcast.net as I always have to get to my email from the web.

No change in behavior, I still cannot get into my email.

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

jetes wrote:

CCCarole:

If by "clearing cache" you mean deleting cookies and temp internet files, yes I have done that.

The url I get to in SmartZone is:

http://sz0117.ev.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail

I do not know the difference between lite and full versions of "SmartZone"... As I said earlier, I am simply trying to login from www.comcast.net as I always have to get to my email from the web.

No change in behavior, I still cannot get into my email.

The url you listed tells us that you are using Smartzone's full version. 

I have notifed the Administrator of your problems already. 

In the meantime, please reply with which browswer you are using, which OS, & if you have any toolbars installed.  Do you also use an email client, if yes, which one?

Have you tried using a different browser?

If you'd like you can try switching over to the Lite version just to see that works for you to get to your mail. you can always switcch back at any time.  Lite is web-based, the same as was  the old webmail.  Here are the directions if you would like to try it.

While you are on the loading screen, make a note of the URL - specifically, the beginning part. (For instance, my SmartZone URL is http://sz0004.wc.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail#1 - so the SZ e-mail server that I am assigned to is sz0004.wc).

If you are while you are stuck on the loading screen, key in the following URL that corresponds to the SZ server that you are assigned to:  http://sz0117.ev.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail

You should just be able to backspace to the slash after the word zimbra and type in the h/search.

This will get you into SmartZone Lite.    At this point, go to Preferences > General and set it to SZ Lite. 

Contributor
jetes

CCCarole:

I keyed in http://sz0117.ev.mail.comcast.net/h/search That works. At least I can see my email now.

I am using IE7/Windows XP.

I would still like to see the issue resolved.

THANK YOU for your quick assistance.

Email Expert
CCCarole

jetes wrote:

CCCarole:

I keyed in http://sz0117.ev.mail.comcast.net/h/search That works. At least I can see my email now.

I am using IE7/Windows XP.

I would still like to see the issue resolved.

THANK YOU for your quick assistance.

Just to clarify: You were able to use the full version in the past tho?  Some Users cannot, due to their screen resolution, (800X600), Add-Ons such as 'No Script',etc. 

Contributor
jetes

Yes, up until two days ago, I used the full version wihtout issue.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Thank you.  I wanted clarification because if you have been using the full version in the past, and suddenly two days ago it no longer works, there has to be a reason why.  So- I have still requested that this issue be escalated for you.  Watch the thread for more information or replies.

In the meantime, if you haven't already, change your Sz Preferrences to Lite, click on save, close & reopen your browser so the change takes effect.  Hopefully when this is resolved you will be able to go back to the full version once again.

CC

Regular Visitor

Is anybody still having problems getting into Comcast email?

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]
Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Hi - following up with you. Are you now able to get into your email without issue?

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
Contributor
jetes

CC_Dete, at work, I can get into webmail only if I use SmartZone Lite. The full version does not work when I am on the corporate network although it used to. Some other Comcast subscribers that I work with have the same issue so I believe it has something to do with our network. The full version of Smartzone works fine when I am at home. Thanks for the follow up.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

[ Edited ]

You're very welcome. That does seem to be the most plausible explanation if multiple users are experiencing the same issue there. Let me know if we can help with anything else.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
Email Expert
JR071702

jetes wrote:

CC_Dete, at work, I can get into webmail only if I use SmartZone Lite. The full version does not work when I am on the corporate network although it used to. Some other Comcast subscribers that I work with have the same issue so I believe it has something to do with our network. The full version of Smartzone works fine when I am at home. Thanks for the follow up.

Jetes,

It may not be the network, but rather global security policies imposed upon your browser.   Regular SmartZone makes use of Javascript in making the web app dynamic.   The SmartZone Lite is like the old Webmail product in that it is a static, HTML-driven web app.

JR

Contributor
jetes

JR,

I think you are right. Ours is a particularly secure network and new policies are being implemented all of the time. I am fine with the Lite version. Thanks.