Contributor
kootzie1

Can't load Email

Your XFINITY Connect session has timed out due to inactivity.

Sorry, we were unable to load your email and voicemail.

Please try refreshing your browser in a few minutes.

Email Expert
Latoque

Re: Can't load Email

[ Edited ]

Try clearing out your browser's cache. Cookies and other small files in there can cause a lot of problems if they become conflicting, broken or expired. When you have done that, then close out the browser and re-start it.

If that doesn't do the trick, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem there. If it works OK then you will know the problem probably lies with the first browser.

Also, you could try switching from the Full version of Xfinity to the Lite version. Go to Preferences>>>>General, and see which one you're using now. I think Full is the default. Check the Lite, sign out of your email and then back in again. You should be in the Lite version now.

Let us know if any of that helps.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Contributor
kootzie1

[ Edited ]

This did not help. I am using Windows 8 and I understand that POP accounts don't work with windows 8. Since comcast email is a pop account can you switch my Email account to IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) or EAS (Exchange Active Sync.) ??

I have been 3 weeks with out Email from Comcast and I can't log into any sites that require my Email address. Every site says invalid Email or invalid password.

I have work with tech suppor by phone for 1 1/2 hours Christmas day and they switched to 5 different technicians. The only answer I got was that my Internet was disconnected. That's not the problem since I can go online and bank, Facebook, etc. Internet is woking fine. Internet Explorer, Bing and Google Chrome all working fine.

I have a Business account and a Residential Account with Comcast. Two phone Lines, Internet, Cable, and voice.

If you can not resolve this problem immediately I am going to drop all my Comcast business and go with another company.

Thank you for your prompt help.

Email Expert
Latoque

[ Edited ]

Go in and edit your post now.  Spammers can see that information as these are public forums.  Redact or delete the email address and phone number, and the real street address too.  Just click on "Options" to the right, and then  Edit.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Contributor
kootzie1

[ Edited ]

Thank you I did that.

Contributor
kootzie1

I tried to get IMAP twice and it said can't load, after the browser tried for a very long time.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Did you use this link to reguister for IMAP beta?

cctvnow wrote:

how do i get added to beta site so I can use windows 8 email

https://xcbetasignup.comcast.net/imap_trial/web/

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Official Employee
ComcastAnthony

are you trying to access mail with the windows 8 native mail app (tile) or  are you using the browser (internet explorer native app (tile)?  If  you are using the browser (internet explorer tile) then you don't need IMAP.  If you want to use the windows 8 native mail tile app then you will need IMAP.

Contributor
kootzie1

[ Edited ]

I do not understand what you mean.

What I want is my Comcast Email and contact list working like before

I started using Windows 8 Dec. 10, 2012 and the comcast Email came in fine. Some time around Dec. 22 Comcast Email quit working and I got the message to refresh my browser. That never fixed it. Now I go online and read where many other people have the same problem I do.

Why am I paying for a service that is not working???

I am so frustrated with Comcast and their tech support online or on phone. I don't know what else to do except go with anoter company.

Can you fix it or not????

Contributor
kootzie1

Are you going to do something? It's been 2 days since I contacted you.

Official Employee

Thank you,
Sharath
Comcast Silicon Valley
Visitor
kootzie

Thanks. I downloaded Firefox and I now have a Comcast. Email box but I don't have any of my former address's and I have lost my former Email address.

I would like to retrieve my former address book and my former Email address.

Please help with this new matter.

Visitor
kootzie

FIVE DAYS AND NO ANSWER!!??

Official Employee

Sorry for missing your earlier comments... Do you mean that - you do not see old emails in your email account? Or Do you not see contacts present in your address book?

Can you please elaborate on the problem? So that we can help..

Thank you,
Sharath
Comcast Silicon Valley
Visitor
kootzie

Forget it! I am tired of messing around with Comcast's outdated system!