Official Employee
ComcastKen
Accepted Solution

Can't open Email

[ Edited ]

If you are unable to open email in XfinityConnect, please try this:

Clear your browser cache of temporary internet files and cookies.

Directions for each browser can be found in this clickable link:

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

Also, certain browser Add-ons causes issues with Xfinity Connect.  Check this link on how to disable the add-ons:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/ZIMLET-SEARCH-ERROR-ISSUE/td-p/1402019

Windows Updates released Internet Explorer Version 10 recently.

Microsoft has added Comcast.net as one of the domains for Compatibility view, so IE10 should automatically switch to Compatibility mode when using the Xfinity website.

If you still cannot access your email, and have updated to Version 10 to use as your browser:

Make sure to Compatibility View in IE Ver. 10 under Tools is enabled.

UPDATE: Comcast user Cregor has fixed his problem by resetting Internet Explorer to default:

1) Make sure you are in Xfinity Connect Full version (in Preferences page, set to full ver)

2) Click on "gear" wheel on top right corner of browser and go to Internet Options

3) Go to Advance tab and click on the Reset button on the very bottom of page

4) Another window should pop up, make sure the "Delete personal settings" is NOT checked and click Reset.

5) once it is complete, you have to close your browser and then re-open and try accessing Email again.

IF THIS DOES NOT ALLOW YOU INTO YOUR INBOX, REPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

Which browser/version do you use?

Which version of XfinityConnect are you using?  (To check: Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences, and then click on General.  A window will open showing you which version is checked)

Have you tried accessing your email with a different browser; such as Firefox or Chrome?

Do you also use an email client?  Which one/version?

Post back with all the answers

Thank you!

Ken Tran
Comcast Silicon Valley
Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Please solve ASAP!

Olinda wrote:

The same thing has been happening to me for several days now. Sometimes I can get into email; sometimes I can't. And I get different interfaces at different times. On one instance where clicking on my inbox would only take me back out to sign in, with multiple browsers, I clicked on Address Book instead of Email Once into the Address Book, then I could switch to email.

I have to say this has been very frustrating as I depend on my email for my daily work. Whatever they're doing behind the curtain, I wish they'd hurry up and get it settled!

Did you clear your cache?

Which browser/browsers have you tried to get to your email?

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Official Employee
ComcastKen

Re: Can't open Email

Thanks to CCCarole for this awesome writeup! :smileygrin:

Ken Tran
Comcast Silicon Valley
New Visitor
remance

Hi,

My problem is that all of a sudden, from the intial e-mail page that shows a preview of the inbox, when I choose to view my entire inbox, or choose preferences, or choose anything, the page disappears and I'm back at the xfinity homepage.  Very odd.

I had changed from xfinity "full?" to lite, because a forum suggested that the full version had trouble attachng photos.  (he was correct).  So I went from full, to lite, back to full.  I believe that was able to look at my entire inbox after doing all of that, but I can't be certain.

Anyway, I can't read any mail.  HELP.

Thanks.

Bob

Email Expert
CCCarole

remance wrote:

Hi,

My problem is that all of a sudden, from the intial e-mail page that shows a preview of the inbox, when I choose to view my entire inbox, or choose preferences, or choose anything, the page disappears and I'm back at the xfinity homepage.  Very odd.

I had changed from xfinity "full?" to lite, because a forum suggested that the full version had trouble attachng photos.  (he was correct).  So I went from full, to lite, back to full.  I believe that was able to look at my entire inbox after doing all of that, but I can't be certain.

Anyway, I can't read any mail.  HELP.

Thanks.

Bob

Did you clear your cache?

Which version of XfinityConnect are you using now?  Full or Lite?

Have you tested yet, with a different browser, such as Firefox or Chrome IF you are now using Internet Explorer?

CC

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor

I use both Chrome and Firefox. I haven't tried to clear the cache each time, but I have done so on multiple occasions.

It just happened again a few minutes ago. With Chrome, I couldn't get in at all (didn't clear cache). Firefox let me use the "trick" of going to my address book first instead of my inbox. From there I could successfully move to the inbox without looping back to the log-in screen.

New Visitor
elizaken

I'm having the same problem - only the preview pane but can't open any emails.  Talked to tech support which was a complete waste of time.  I tried opening the email using internet explorer and chrome and neither one worked.  I can't delete anymore cookies or files since I've done this 50 times already but I still have no email.  I'm so tired of companies just not caring about their customers.  They know they have a problem but sure don't seem to care if it gets fixed. 

New Visitor
grunt2319

Re: xfinity email problem loading

My email hasen't loded from day one. I have tried the ES, & Chat still no email.

New Visitor

Email connection

I'm having a problem getting to my email. When get on to the inernet Comcast.net is my home page when I click on email and sign on it justs spins. I X out and back in. I can do this several times before my email will display. I have deleted the cache and cookies. I do not get this problem with other computer just mine. It is very frustrating. Any ideas?

Contributor

Can't Get In To Read Email

I've had the same problems others have had..I get an email preview on my Xfinity mail screen but when I click on it to read, it kicks me back out to the main Comcast screen. I'm on Firefox 18.0.2 , using Windows XP. I am able to access email using IE. I've tried changing to lite email (was only able to get into preferences on IE) cleared my history and cache, disabled plug ins but still am not able to access email on Firefox. Anything else I can try? It's been like this for the last 4 days...Thanks for your help.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Email connection

jagwolf wrote:

I'm having a problem getting to my email. When get on to the inernet Comcast.net is my home page when I click on email and sign on it justs spins. I X out and back in. I can do this several times before my email will display. I have deleted the cache and cookies. I do not get this problem with other computer just mine. It is very frustrating. Any ideas?

Which browser/ version are you using on this PC?

Do your other computers use the same browser/ version?

Are you using XfinityConnect's Full or Lite version?

To check which version you are using:  Open XC, in the Preview window, click on Preferences on the black bar..A windw opens- Now click on the General icon
A window opens, which version is checked in the next window?  IF it is the Full version, check the box for the Lite version.

Post back please.
CC

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Can't Get In To Read Email

pollywol321 wrote:

I've had the same problems others have had..I get an email preview on my Xfinity mail screen but when I click on it to read, it kicks me back out to the main Comcast screen. I'm on Firefox 18.0.2 , using Windows XP. I am able to access email using IE. I've tried changing to lite email (was only able to get into preferences on IE) cleared my history and cache, disabled plug ins but still am not able to access email on Firefox. Anything else I can try? It's been like this for the last 4 days...Thanks for your help.

If you are able to get to Preferences while using Internet Explorer:  Make the switch to the Llite version through that browser.

Switch to Lite

To check which version you are using:  Open XC, in the Preview window, click on Preferences on the black bar..A windw opens- Now click on the General icon
A window opens, which version is checked in the next window?  IF it is the Full version, check the box for the Lite version.

Now see if you access email with Firefox.

Post back.

CC

Contributor

I had tried the lite version a couple of days ago and it didn't work. I just tried it again, restarted my computer and I still can't access email through Firefox. Another weird thing, the main Comcast.net screen always tells me at the top that my connect session has timed out due to inactivity when I've just been on it. Any other email ideas?

New Visitor
goombah76

Can't Open Full Email on Webmail

First, I work at the Pentagon (so I cannot change many settings).

This problem started last week.  When I open webmail, I get the preview screeen...when I go to open the full inbox or open any message, I get the following errors on the page:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; QS 4.2.4.0; QS 5.3.0.4; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; InfoPath.3; QS 4.2.4.0; QS 5.3.0.4)
Timestamp: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:46:26 UTC

Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/js/Startup1_1_all.js.zgz?v=201301090001

Line: 819
URI: http://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/js/Startup1_2_all.js.zgz?v=201301090001

Line: 2205
URI: http://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail?app=mail

Line: 11602
Char: 5

Line: 11529
Char: 3

Any help?

Bronze Problem Solver
cjerian

Re: Can't Open Full Email on Webmail

You can clean you cache and cookies.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Can't Open Full Email on Webmail

goombah76,

Please read the first post in this Thread.

CC

Official Employee
ComcastKen

pollywol321 wrote:

I had tried the lite version a couple of days ago and it didn't work. I just tried it again, restarted my computer and I still can't access email through Firefox. Another weird thing, the main Comcast.net screen always tells me at the top that my connect session has timed out due to inactivity when I've just been on it. Any other email ideas?

Hi pollywol321,

Do you have multiple tabs with Xfinity site open?  The timeout can be caused from an older tab (or different browser) that was logged into Xfinity website.  I'll have an agent reach out to you in regards to loading of the email inbox.  Please watch out for an email soon.

Ken Tran
Comcast Silicon Valley
New Visitor
swas40

Can't read my e-mails

When I try to read my e-mails I get kicked back to the prior page - can't read them.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Can't read my e-mails

Please read the FIRST post in this thread.

Are you using only XfinityConnect, or do you alo use an email client?

CC

New Visitor
derek90

Latest stable version of Chrome

Which version of XfinityConnect are you using? 

Just trying to open it on the web

Have you tried accessing your email with a different browser; such as Firefox or Chrome?

Yes, IE9

Nope

And I did clear my cache

Email Expert
CCCarole

derek90 wrote:

Latest stable version of Chrome

Which version of XfinityConnect are you using? 

Just trying to open it on the web

Yes, IE9

Nope

And I did clear my cache

Can you open email using Internet Explorer 9?

To check which version of XfinityConnect you are using:

To check: Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences in the Preview window.  Now click on the General tab.  A window opens showing which version you are using.

Did you check your Add Ons? 

Contributor

Can not open Comcast email thru Firefox

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Email

1EDgeclif wrote:

Can not open Comcast email thru Firefox

Please read the first post in this Thread.

Are you able to access email using a browser other than Firefox?

CC

New Visitor
derek90

I get this:

Access requires Comcast High-Speed Internet

Need it? Subscribe now »
Have it? Use your Comcast ID & password to Sign in now »
Forgot your Comcast.net sign-in info? Get it now »
Learn more about mySIGN-IN by Comcast
If you landed here when attempting to configure "Advanced Call Forwarding" on Xfinity Connect, it is because the Xfinity Voice 2go "Advanced Call Forwarding" feature is not currently available for your level of service (Xfinity Voice only or Xfinity Voice & Xfinity TV).
At this time you cannot have calls forwarded from your Xfinity Voice home number to your mobile devices or to your Personal Phone Numbers. This feature should be available in the near future. Please look for an e-mail in the beginning of July letting you know when the Advanced Call Forwarding feature will be enabled.

I am logged in and on Comcast Internet.  I get the same screen in IE9 and I tried disabling add ons.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

Call 1-800-Comcast, select "trouble with Internet service", report the problem and have them fix it. Your account is not set up correctly.

Official Employee
ComcastBrianH

derek90 wrote:

I get this:

Access requires Comcast High-Speed Internet

Need it? Subscribe now »
Have it? Use your Comcast ID & password to Sign in now »
Forgot your Comcast.net sign-in info? Get it now »
Learn more about mySIGN-IN by Comcast
If you landed here when attempting to configure "Advanced Call Forwarding" on Xfinity Connect, it is because the Xfinity Voice 2go "Advanced Call Forwarding" feature is not currently available for your level of service (Xfinity Voice only or Xfinity Voice & Xfinity TV).
At this time you cannot have calls forwarded from your Xfinity Voice home number to your mobile devices or to your Personal Phone Numbers. This feature should be available in the near future. Please look for an e-mail in the beginning of July letting you know when the Advanced Call Forwarding feature will be enabled.

I am logged in and on Comcast Internet.  I get the same screen in IE9 and I tried disabling add ons.

I made few changes to the account. Can you please try accessing your emails, Address Book and let me know, if the issue is resolved?

Brain

Comcast Silicon Valley

Regular Contributor

Cannot get to preferences, email, etc. Lucky I could post this. Cleared cache, rebooted machine. Can click email and see it in screen but when trying to go to it the screen keeps loading. Nothing loads at all. Using IE Slimbrowser, Firefox.

New Visitor

Re: Cannot access my email account

Cannot access my email. I click open all messages and I watch a circle go round and round telling that 'connecting' but it does not

Email Expert
CCCarole

jd104 wrote:

Cannot access my email. I click open all messages and I watch a circle go round and round telling that 'connecting' but it does not

Please read the FIRST message in this Thread by ComcastKen and follow the instructions.

Regular Contributor

Thank you I did. About an hour after I posted this things came back up so they must have been doing an update or something...

Visitor
DianaChin

Help - Not so helpful

My email has stopped loading.  I called Comcast for help and it took 5 minutes to get a tech on the phone.  It took him another 5 minutes to find my account.  It's funny that Comcast has no problem with my account when they send their bills and accept my monthly payment. 

After talking for the tech, I was told the problem would have to be handled by another department.  Unfortunately, he didn't transfer me to the other department.  We definitely had a language barrier. 

It Comcast outsourcing to other countries? 

Recognized Contributor

Re: Help - Not so helpful

Not to my knowledge. They just have very poor customer service reps and some are very difficult to understand.

Bronze Problem Solver
cjerian

Comcast outsources to the Phillipines and Costa Rica.

Bronze Problem Solver
cjerian

Most email problems on the website and website problems relate bad cached data like javascript, and bad cookies.

Try following the clean cache advice, while also checking the delete cookies button as well.

Make sure to also select delete cookies.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

New Visitor
richardchasteen

E-mail does not work properly,

Unable to open and read my e-mail. The system will allow me to delete e-mail messages but does not respond

when I access to open an e-mail.  Cannot access any of the tabs such as preferences, send an e-mail, etc.

When trying to access the e-mail to open it, the system continues to indicate a blue wheel that spins but will not complete the action.  I have tried different passwords, different browsers, cleared any history, cache and worked with several analysts but they tell me everything looks good at their end. However, the e-mail and voice mail area does not function correctly and I cannot use this area.  I have had this problem for several weeks and it has not be corrected.

New Visitor
Patrick199

[ Edited ]

I have gone through all of the "clean cache"  and "delete cookies" procedures and I still can't get to my email.

Even if it did help, am I supposed to do that everytime I want to check my email? 

That's unacceptable. 

Only on rare occasions have I been able to get through but most of the time I can't even get to the login page. 

I get the same results with IE, Chrome, and Firefox. 

This has been going on for a week or two and now I am looking for alternatives. Unfortunately, Comcast has pretty much eliminated the competition in this area so there are no alternatives. 

As long as there is no competition their customer service will not get any better. 

I spent half an hour trying to extract help from the online "chat" feature a few days ago and got nowhere. 

Now, everytime I see a Comcast van I want to run it off the road into a ditch. 

Bronze Problem Solver
cjerian

[ Edited ]

Screen Shot 2013-02-21 at 3.09.27 PM.pngYou can just use something like outlook.com or gmail.com to read your mail online.

What you do is sign up for outlook.com or gmail.com (if you use msn/google or hotmail you may already have an account). 

You go to the outlook.com settings and pick email accounts

Add a send-and-receive account if you are sending and receiving email from your POP account.
Click on that

You can use Outlook to send and receive email from other accounts. To get started, enter your email address and password below.
Email address
Password

It even has advanced options which seem reasonable by default
You can use Outlook to send and receive email from other accounts. To get started, enter your account info below.
Account info
Enter an email address below.
Email address
Incoming (POP3) server information
Specify POP3 server information your email provider has given you.
Server addressPort
Requires a secure connection (SSL)
Leave a copy of messages on the server
Username
Password

Then you can read all your mail in outlook.com
 and stop using the comcast web interface that you don't like.

Bronze Problem Solver
cjerian

[ Edited ]

Screen Shot 2013-02-21 at 3.13.37 PM.pngThe interface looks sort of like this

Contributor

Its me again.  You do not know how glad I am to see all these other people having difficulties with comcast emails.  The advice comcast is giving IS NOT WORKING.  I had emails today for long enough to delete emails from dealing with this for 6 days now.  Then guess what they are gone again.  I do not understand.  Everyone is being told to clean up or delete the cache(sp)  it is not working.  I do not understand comcast.  When there is a cable or tv issue they pride themselves on customer service andguarantees.  But this internet thing is too much.  I have a disability and rely on my computer.  No one has called or tried to get in touch with me except by guess what--email.  I am not putting my phone number on here but hello--I have the comcast bundle please look up my number.  I have called about this 3 times and got call centers out of this country.  SHAME ON COMCAST.  All I want is emails and service comperable to the cable service.  And a side note I tried getting my emails through firefox and that was successful for about 5 minutes.

Regular Contributor

I feel for you! I have Comcast email addresses not loading throught their site and they never did fix the playing HD video through anything but slimbrowser. Not sure what to do...

Visitor

help email won't open

It has now been 3 days since i have had access to my email.  In days previous when I signed in I got an error message and sent a report.  I have done everything that has been suggested.  i believe the problelm is on your end

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: help email won't open

Please copy/paste the entire error message you are getting.

Read the first post in this thread and follow the suggestions in that post.

Visitor

I am not getting an error message anymore.  i am getting the first page but when I click to see my entire box it just goes into nothing.  like it is trying to load but won't.  Previously when i got a message it said error critical please send report and I did

Visitor

I have done all that a few times.  i found out that I can get my email if i go to preferences under xfinity connect.

Official Employee
ComcastBrianH

evilindor wrote:

I am not getting an error message anymore.  i am getting the first page but when I click to see my entire box it just goes into nothing.  like it is trying to load but won't.  Previously when i got a message it said error critical please send report and I did

I am not sure, if you are receiving Zimlet critical error message or a different error message.

Zimlet critical error most likely arises due browser add-ons. Probably, you may try the below stated instructions and verify, if it fixes the issue:

• Reset the browser settings to default:
If you are using Internet Explorer then try resetting it using the steps:
Start menu >> Control Panel >> Internet Options >> Advanced tab>> Click Reset.

<Or>

• Please disable the browser add-ons and verify, if you are able to access your emails.

<Or>

• Try using different browser and let us know, if you are able to access your emails.

Brian
Comcast Silicon Valley

Contributor
stockofftsam

I was getting hung up in email when I clicked on a message in the inbox and got the spinning blue circles.  Alien attack? nope.  Anyway, I clicked on compatibility mode icon at top of screen (the little blue icon that looks like a torn piece of paper) and my email started working great!  Hope this wasnt just a coincidence.

I recently upgraded to IE 10 just before the problem occurred.

But i also had the same problem a wek ago and solved it similiarly.

Contributor
stockofftsam

try this:  click on the compatibility icon at the top of the scren.  It is a little icon that looks like a torn piece of paper.  It cleared my spiinnig circle problem right away.

Contributor
stockofftsam

click on the compatibility icon at the top of the screen. Its the little on that looks like a torn piece of paper.

New Visitor
naturegirl

I emptied my cache and cookies and I now can get my emails again.Thanks for the info

Contributor

Same issue with me.  I know it's not my browser because I've tried numerous browsers and 4 different devices (work PC, iMac and 2 Mac Minis) and still nothing.  The only way I can get my email is to get it thorugh my MacMail.  I can get to my inbox but when I click on a message, nothing comes up in the preview pain.  I can't open any of them by double clicking on them and I can't access any of my folders because when I click on one of them, nothing happens.