Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: why can't I open my email???

ALL- READ THE FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD!!!

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
Micky1945

Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version? I have not a clue, all I know is I am on the Xfinity web site trying to check my mail. Do you have to have Xfinity Connect full or light to open the mail on your web site? If so where do you get it? It use to work!

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.) No this is on the Comcast web page.

Which browser/version do you use? IE 10, and yes I have cleared my browser cache?

Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X as I stated before windows 8

Details of the problem you are having: When I go to the Comcast web site I login and click on the mail icon, I see the mail when I click on the mail so I can read it the blue arrow keeps circling and it will not load.

Micky1945

Email Expert
CCCarole

Micky1945 wrote:

Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version? I have not a clue, all I know is I am on the Xfinity web site trying to check my mail. Do you have to have Xfinity Connect full or light to open the mail on your web site? If so where do you get it? It use to work!

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.) No this is on the Comcast web page.

Which browser/version do you use? IE 10, and yes I have cleared my browser cache?

Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X as I stated before windows 8

Details of the problem you are having: When I go to the Comcast web site I login and click on the mail icon, I see the mail when I click on the mail so I can read it the blue arrow keeps circling and it will not load.

Micky1945

Below is the FIRST post in this thread that I wanted all to read.

Please follow the suggestions from the thread, INCLUDING turning on Compatibility View for Internet Explorer Version 10. 

Click on Tools,> Compatibility View)

If you are unable to open email in XfinityConnect, please try this:

Clear your browser cache of temporary internet files and cookies.

Directions for each browser can be found in this clickable link:

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

Also, certain browser Add-ons causes issues with Xfinity Connect.  Check this link on how to disable the add-ons:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/ZIMLET-SEARCH-ERROR-ISSUE/td-p/1402019

Windows Updates released Internet Explorer Version 10 recently.

Microsoft has added Comcast.net as one of the domains for Compatibility view, so IE10 should automatically switch to Compatibility mode when using the Xfinity website.

If you still cannot access your email, and have updated to Version 10 to use as your browser:

Make sure to Compatibility View in IE Ver. 10 under Tools is enabled.

IF THIS DOES NOT ALLOW YOU INTO YOUR INBOX, REPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

Which browser/version do you use?

Which version of XfinityConnect are you using?  (To check: Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences, and then click on General.  A window will open showing you which version is checked)

Have you tried accessing your email with a different browser; such as Firefox or Chrome?

Do you also use an email client?  Which one/version?

Post back with all the answers

Thank you!

Ken Tran
Comcast Silicon Valley

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor
Micky1945

Thank you that worked. It took a couple of tries but I figured you have to go to the site click on compatibility mode after I get to the site, again thanks, this resolved the issue.

Micky1945

Visitor

I got mine to open when I clicked on the little icon on top of the screen that looks like a torn sheet of paper and changed the compatibility mode.

New Visitor
spmdjm3

Trouble accessing email

Hi...hoping someone can help me. I am having trouble accessing my Comcast email. I cannot neither retrieve nor send an email. All I get is a "timing" swirl. What can I do to correct this?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

New Visitor

E-MAIL ... CAN'T ACCESS ???

CAN  NOT ACCESS ENTIRE VIEW OF E-MAIL, SEND NEW E-MAIL,  - SPINNING CIRCLE ... CAN NOT OPEN EXISTING E-MAIL IN BOX - SPINNING CIRCLE

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: E-MAIL ... CAN'T ACCESS ???

[ Edited ]

Please read the FIRST post in THIS thread and follow all suggestions.

New Visitor
revonia

Re: Please solve ASAP!

I was having that problem, so I did like one of the people did, click on the thing that looks like paper. Thank God it worked. Try that. Thanks for the answer.

Email Expert
CCCarole
Visitor

Ok, I can access my email inbox via the web browser. I can not, however, download my emails to my email client. It started yesterday. I can send from my client, I just can't receive.

Do you also use an email client?  Which one/version?  I use MS Outlook 2010.

New Visitor
Robin12

Re: Can't open Email

This has been my problem for the past 2 days.

I was on my emails and while I clicked to open them and the blue was circling,  I went to tools and clicked on compatibility view and the email box opened right up. Hope this helps.

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

Scarlett_Ang wrote:

Ok, I can access my email inbox via the web browser. I can not, however, download my emails to my email client. It started yesterday. I can send from my client, I just can't receive.

Do you also use an email client?  Which one/version?  I use MS Outlook 2010.

What are your Port settings for Outlook?

You should have Port 995 for POP with SSL ON

Port 465 for SMTP with Port 465 ON

This sewrver requires authentication checked

SPA (Secure passwoprd authentication) should not be checked.

\

Are you getting an error messages at all?

Contributor
tetvet6768

I do NOT use an Email Client.

I use the FULL XfinityConnect version.

I use Safari 6.0.3 on a Mac with OS X 10.8.3.

I have cleared my 'cache' and I have 'Repaired Permissions.'

I HAD 1,000+ emails in my 'Inbox' either 'Read' or 'Unread.'

I now have some (91) TOTAL with (68) listed as in the 'Inbox.'

I have had a 'similar' issue in the past where this was an Xfinity/Comcast

server issue. I was not able to access my email and it took me insisting that

I had done all that I was able to do and the issue needed to be 'escalated.'

I have tried accessing through my desktop Mac and my wife's laptop, same results,

little email. The email 'range' is from March 5, 2013 to March 26, 2013.

I am on the (View-By Conversation' mode.

I DO have my email 'Forwarded' to a (@me.com) account and there are over 1,000 emails

in that account. I also have the 'Save A Copy In Xfinity' box checked.

With Safari 6.0.3 there is no (Safari-Clear Cache) option as there was with the

earlier versions of the Mac OS X. One must go in to (Safari-Preferences-Privacy-Remove All Website Data).

The only other option is to go to (Safari-Reset Safari).

I HAVE tried using Google Chrome as a browser with no success.

Email Expert
CCCarole

New Visitor
revonia

I clicked on the thing that looks like a torn piece of paper and it opened.

New Visitor
revonia

I clicked on the thing that looks like a torn piece of paper and it opened. up on top  up there next to the drop down thing is.

New Visitor
revonia

Mine is working now.

New Visitor

I had the problem opening my Comcast Mailbox after I upgraded from Internet Explorer 9 to Internet Explorer 10.  When trying to open my mailbox or view and email, I would  get the screen with the dotted circle and it would remain stuck there.

To fix the problem, you need to enable Compatibility View.  This can be done in two ways. 

First, on the menu bar find "Tools", click on that and then go down the menu to "Compatibility view" and click on that.  Your problem should be solved.

Second method: in the address box at the top of the Internet Explorer screen, there is a small rectangle on the right side that is ripped in the middle (next to the 3/4 circle with an arrowhead).  If you click on that, it enables compatibility mode.  The ripped rectangle will turn blue indicating that IE is now in compatibility view mode.

That should solve the problem of opening Comcast Email.

Contributor
tetvet6768

[ Edited ]

As you are able to see by my quoted initial POST, I do NOT use Windows nor do I use Internet Explorer, so the 'resolution' attempts are moot.

I looked for the 'Tools' on the Xfinity Mail site and I do not see it. I have lookedd for the 'torn piece of paper' as mentioned by other responders

and I do not see taht either.

My email still stands at receiving only CURRENT email and goes back to ONLY March 5, 2013.

I want ALL the email I had BEFORE March 5, 2013 back.

This is, in my opinion, an Xfinity / Comcast individual email server address issue.

:smileyangry:

"

I do NOT use an Email Client.

I use the FULL XfinityConnect version.

I use Safari 6.0.3 on a Mac with OS X 10.8.3.

I have cleared my 'cache' and I have 'Repaired Permissions.'

I HAD 1,000+ emails in my 'Inbox' either 'Read' or 'Unread.'

I now have some (91) TOTAL with (68) listed as in the 'Inbox.'

I have had a 'similar' issue in the past where this was an Xfinity/Comcast

server issue. I was not able to access my email and it took me insisting that

I had done all that I was able to do and the issue needed to be 'escalated.'

I have tried accessing through my desktop Mac and my wife's laptop, same results,

little email. The email 'range' is from March 5, 2013 to March 26, 2013.

I am on the (View-By Conversation' mode.

I DO have my email 'Forwarded' to a (@me.com) account and there are over 1,000 emails

in that account. I also have the 'Save A Copy In Xfinity' box checked.

With Safari 6.0.3 there is no (Safari-Clear Cache) option as there was with the

earlier versions of the Mac OS X. One must go in to (Safari-Preferences-Privacy-Remove All Website Data).

The only other option is to go to (Safari-Reset Safari).

I HAVE tried using Google Chrome as a browser with no success."

Contributor
taglf01

Re: Email connection

I am having the same exact problem and it is very frustrating

Contributor
taglf01

This worked, but I have to enter it everytime or the same problem happens. I shouldn't have to this everytime I want to check my email

Contributor

i'm using internet explorer 10... when i couldn't open my comcast mail i tried safari and google chrome and had no problem so i went back to microsoft internet explorer 10 and clicked on the icon that looks like a broken sheet of paper "once" and now my comcast mail opens with no problem.  i hope this info helps you! good luck!!!!

posted before... if you're using windows 7 internet explorer go to your email account where you're having the problem and click on the the icon in the http:// box that looks like a broken sheet of paper next to the address bar arrow.  if that doesn't work try using another browser like google chrome or safari to see if you can open your email with a different browser.  it worked for me.  good luck! 

Contributor
taglf01

the paper thing worked. Thank you so much!

Contributor
Contributor
tetvet6768

Would / might be relevant IF one were using MS Outlook  :smileymischief:

New Visitor
kenh14

Cannot access email from the internet or from the mail client....

Which browser/version do you use?  Chrome - IE 9

Which version of XfinityConnect are you using?  (To check: Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences, and then click on General.  A window will open showing you which version is checked)  dont use this

Have you tried accessing your email with a different browser; such as Firefox or Chrome? yes

Do you also use an email client?  Which one/version?  Outlook 2007

New Visitor
racer999

Re: e-mail wont open says "Loading" forever

Seems like  my problem started when Microsoft  did up an update to internet explorer. I can open mine no problem on another computer. On my computer I was able to open e-mail on Google Chrome web page no problem. Hope this helps other people for now. John

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: e-mail wont open says "Loading" forever

Windows Updates released Internet Explorer Version 10 recently.

Microsoft has added Comcast.net as one of the domains for Compatibility view, so IE10 should automatically switch to Compatibility mode when using the Xfinity website.
If you still cannot access your email, and have updated to Version 10 to use as your browser:

Visitor
deusmalleos

I too am having issues accessing my Comcast email.  I have had Comcast Internet for about two weeks now and during that time have never been able to access my email.  When I click on the email link, it takes me to http://xfinity.comcast.net/errors/unauthorized/ and tells me "Access requires Comcast High-Speed Internet".  I am logged in, my cache is clear and all addons have been disabled.  I am just trying to access my email via xfinity.comcast.net.

Browser: Firefox 19.0.2

I have tried Safari, IE and Chrome as well.  I received the same error on each.

Email Expert
CCCarole

deusmalleos wrote:

I too am having issues accessing my Comcast email.  I have had Comcast Internet for about two weeks now and during that time have never been able to access my email.  When I click on the email link, it takes me to http://xfinity.comcast.net/errors/unauthorized/ and tells me "Access requires Comcast High-Speed Internet".  I am logged in, my cache is clear and all addons have been disabled.  I am just trying to access my email via xfinity.comcast.net.

Browser: Firefox 19.0.2

I have tried Safari, IE and Chrome as well.  I received the same error on each.

In red text in your post .. It is a coding issue with your account.  Call 1-800 comcast and tell them the error message you are getting.  They can fix your account for you.

CC

New Visitor
cris0915

Re: Help - Not so helpful

Yes they do outsource, found this out trying to transfer service online...the man did not understand English altho he could speak it. Flat out told me that he was reading a script and that he was in a different part of the world. =( So many Americans outta work and we pay comcast to outsource...sad...

Contributor

I just read your Help - Not so helpful.  I can understand where you are coming from.  I ended up paying $250.00 to a outside technician to fix my email problem.  I did get someone that spoke and understood English however, I could tell she was following a script.  I tried everything she said to do and she could not fix my problem.  She finally told me to find a "nerd" technician.  I did. 

Visitor
deusmalleos

I have attempted to contact Comcast multiple times via phone and just sit on hold for over 20 minutes.  I do not have time to sit on the phone to ask that something be fixed that never should have been broken.  Please fix this issue.  It should not require me waiting on hold forever to request Comcast correct an error on their end.

Contributor
xfinityadmin

try google chrome that should work or revert back to IE 8

Contributor

First, I do not know a lot about computers but this is what happens to me…

I couldn’t open my Comcast email messages so I tried Google chrome and safari and had no problem.  So I went back where I had the problem using “internet explorer 10” and click on the icon at the top of the page at the end of the http:// box that looks like a broken sheet of paper near the refresh icon arrow.  This helped me! I have no more problems and I can open my emails messages now.  Also my operating system is windows 7.  Good luck!! 

Visitor
donspain

My problem is with firefox, not IE.
Email Expert
CCCarole

Your post was moved to a secure area because you posted personal information in a public forum. Please read the NEW post addressed to you.

New Visitor

I am having the same problem as many others.  To answer your questions:

1.  My browser is IE10 (I think that is what you want to know).

2.  I cannot access my Connect version.  I can get as far as preferences and then I get the blue circles.

3.  I can access my email thru Firefox.

4.  No email client.

Help!

Regular Visitor

I have not been able to get email for the past few days in the full Xfinity Connect tool.  Spinning blue dots phenomenon.

I have tried three different browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox).  I have cleared the cache several times and reinstalled the browsers - all with no success.  I have disabled all add-ons - with no success.

I can get into email and respond with the XFinity Connect Lite, but not the full client.

Ideas?

Regular Visitor

Well... I read on another page that changing the password somehow has fixed this problem.  I changed my password and it seems to have fixed this issue for me.  Bizarre...

Visitor
scrumhalf

We are paying for a service WE are not recieving.  Don't say we need to go get something else.

This has been a problem since at least 2006-from the posts.  Why is it not fixed now?

Visitor

IE 10 is not available for Vista.  I use IE 9 Version 9.0.8112.16421.  Xfinity Connect Version full.  I can access email using Chrome and Windows Live Mail Version 2011.

Email Expert
CCCarole

LRChris wrote:

IE 10 is not available for Vista.  I use IE 9 Version 9.0.8112.16421.  Xfinity Connect Version full.  I can access email using Chrome and Windows Live Mail Version 2011.

Have youi tried all the other suggestions?

If you are unable to open email in XfinityConnect, please try this:

Clear your browser cache of temporary internet files and cookies.

Directions for each browser can be found in this clickable link:

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

Also, certain browser Add-ons causes issues with Xfinity Connect.  Check this link on how to disable the add-ons:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/ZIMLET-SEARCH-ERROR-ISSUE/td-p/1402019

Contributor

I haven't been able to open email in IE since the Windows upgrade.  Where do I find the compatibility view?  Email opens in Chrome and Foxfire.  I cleared my cookies and temporary files already.

Michelle

Email Expert
CCCarole

Compatibility View is located under Tools. In Internet Explorer.
CC

Contributor

Yes I use Xfinity Connect - the full version

Do not use an email client

IE10 is the browser that doesn't work.  Google Chrome or Firefox have no problem

Windows7 is the OS

When I try to open email, I get the blue circulating thing but it never opens the email

Email Expert
CCCarole

Please turn on Compatibility View under TOOLS at the top on the page.

Contributor

Which browser/version do you use?

Which version of XfinityConnect are you using?  (To check: Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences, and then click on General.  A window will open showing you which version is checked)

Have you tried accessing your email with a different browser; such as Firefox or Chrome?

Do you also use an email client?  Which one/version?

I cleared cache and cookies. Still can not open email. I get the basic email list but the actual emails will not open.

I use internet explorer. I can not open Preferences; I get the non stop spinning blue wheel.

I do not have Firefox or Chrome.

I can open my emails from my phone. I can not open emails from my computer.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Which version of Internet Explorer do you use please?

CC