Contributor

Re: Can't open Email

If Comcast wants me to continue as a customer, I expect them to accept responsibility for this wide-spread issue and FIX IT.

Regular Contributor

Oh so you aren't a Comcast tech Ken?  I believe you need to go and edit that solution and not credit it to me and just say a good tech at Comcast help me fix the problem. That would be correct.

Regular Contributor

No I didn't fix this a great Comcast Tech helped me fix it on the phone in less then 5 minutes after spending a month on the phone and on here trying with no success. You just have get a good tech at Comcast and seems that there are not very many. I will try to get her name so people can ask for her and also so she gets the credit and not me.

Regular Contributor

Well you blame you who want to blame it on but I sitll say Comcast needs to get it together and get up to speed with new technology that comes out. Mine is fixed and it was a Comcast tech that I finally got that helped fix it in five minutes after spending a month on the phone with techs from Comcast that didn't know what they were doing.

Regular Contributor

SmartZone is a large collaboration suite of which Zimbra is just one component (for instance there's Plaxo integration for calendaring & contacts); therefore, it is best to contact the Comcast care-team who is responsible for the entire messaging platform.
Zimbra is a software vendor and does not have access to your email or voicemail, nor can we address any issues you may be having until Comcast escalates it to us.

Contributor

Incredibly frustrating this morning. Cleared cookies and temp files. Disabled all add ons. Can't even get xfinity to open email preview. Can't get to preferences to try to switch to lite version. Can't access email though IE 9 or Chrome. Last week, I was having some luck accessing thru Chrome. Now that's not even working.
Regular Contributor

If I were you I would uninstall Chrome and put comcast mail into full version. Then go to tools and click on internet options, then towards the bottome right it says reset but make sure the one above it is uncheck then hit reset and another small box opens and all three should trun green. Then log out and back in and see if that works.

Regular Contributor

You are right, they are two different things.

New Visitor
jwarndahl

I cannot access my email - I cannot not access my preferences either -help!

New Visitor
jwarndahl

Re: Can't Get In To Read Email

what if you can't get to your preference screen?????

Regular Contributor

If you can get to tools go to it and click on internet options at the bottom. When that box opens up click on the advance tab on the top. Next towards the bottom right click on reset NOT restore and a little box will open. Make sure they are all green then close it all and close your browser and reboot your computer. When you go back in go to preferences and make sure you are full version, not LIte. This should fix it as It did for me. I am using Internet Explorer 10. What browser are you using? Did you clear you cache, temp files and cookies? If not do that first then what I have written. Let me know please if this works for you.

Contributor

Can't believe it..but after installing new Microsoft updates yesterday I can get my e-mails in all my browsers.

I need to to a dance or something.

New Visitor

Where are all my emails? youve got to be kidding . AGAIN!!!!!

New Visitor
greggaston

tried using ChromeVersion 26.0.1410.64 m and also Firefox 20.0.1 - can't access Comcast email... usually get Server Too Slow and sometimes Server not available. 

Email Expert
CCCarole

greggaston wrote:

tried using ChromeVersion 26.0.1410.64 m and also Firefox 20.0.1 - can't access Comcast email... usually get Server Too Slow and sometimes Server not available. 

Please post the entire error message you are getting.

Did you read and try all the suggestions in the first post in this thread?  ( First post)

If you are unable to open email in XfinityConnect, please try this:

Clear your browser cache of temporary internet files and cookies.

Directions for each browser can be found in this clickable link:

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

Also, certain browser Add-ons causes issues with Xfinity Connect.  Check this link on how to disable the add-ons:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/ZIMLET-SEARCH-ERROR-ISSUE/td-p/1402019

Windows Updates released Internet Explorer Version 10 recently.

Microsoft has added Comcast.net as one of the domains for Compatibility view, so IE10 should automatically switch to Compatibility mode when using the Xfinity website.

If you still cannot access your email, and have updated to Version 10 to use as your browser:

Make sure to Compatibility View in IE Ver. 10 under Tools is enabled.

UPDATE: Comcast user Cregor has fixed his problem by resetting Internet Explorer to default:

1) Make sure you are in Xfinity Connect Full version (in Preferences page, set to full ver)

2) Click on "gear" wheel on top right corner of browser and go to Internet Options

3) Go to Advance tab and click on the Reset button on the very bottom of page

4) Another window should pop up, make sure the "Delete personal settings" is NOT checked and click Reset.

5) once it is complete, you have to close your browser and then re-open and try accessing Email again.

IF THIS DOES NOT ALLOW YOU INTO YOUR INBOX, REPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

Which browser/version do you use?

Which version of XfinityConnect are you using?  (To check: Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences, and then click on General.  A window will open showing you which version is checked)

Have you tried accessing your email with a different browser; such as Firefox or Chrome?

Do you also use an email client?  Which one/version?

Post back with all the answers

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

Unbelievably, e-mail suddenly started working in IE 9 this morning...

Yesterday it was only working in Chrome and Firefox.

I did not install any Microsoft updates...  It's possible that some were pushed out overnight - but I didn't get any notification that I had received updates...

Email Expert
CCCarole

FWIW- I received 13 Windows Updates.  maybe check it and your History of recent Updates. 

Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

Re: e mail will not open

I have problem reading email. I cannot even open preferences on XC

Contributor

Can't open email. Also cant open preferences!

Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?=Don't know as cant open Preferences at xfinity pg.
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)-No
Which browser/version do you use? Firefox 21.0  And- have you cleared your browser cache? Yes
Which operating system? =XP
Details of the problem you are having.=click on "View Entire Inbox" does not open! Neither does clicking on single email viewed only subject.

Contributor

Re: e mail will not open

I did finally set up the compatibility in IE 10 and now I can open preferences and email
Contributor
xfinityadmin

Re: Please solve ASAP!

sign in to xfinity.comcast.net

go to email>preferences>general>switch it from full version to lite version and try to access let me know what happen

Contributor
xfinityadmin

go to preferences>general>switch from full version to lite version and check it again

XFINITY.COMCAST.NET

Contributor

I selected "full version" : We recommend you use the Full Version of XFINITY Connect instead of the Lite Version to take full advantage of all the features XFINITY Connect has to offer. Learn more about the difference between the two versions here.

Previously, Preferences would not open it kept refreshing without opening. Once open, I changed to full version and now email opens. Thanks! (using Firefox 21.0, Xp)

New Visitor
sallan

Re: Can't open Email on Mac OS

I have been unable to open my email for several weeks. I have Mac OS and use Safari.  I have emptied my cache but am unable to determine my version of Connect. I cannot access through address book.  Please help asap

Official Employee

Re: Can't open Email on Mac OS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been unable to open my email for several weeks. I have Mac OS and use Safari.  I have emptied my cache but am unable to determine my version of Connect. I cannot access through address book.  Please help asap

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you see an error? Can you try accessing email on a different browser like Google Chrome or Firefox?

Thank you,
Sharath
Comcast Silicon Valley
Visitor

Folks, Attemptin to access email.  Receiving message - Server Not Responding. 

This happens at home and on the road using different computers. 

The Help Desk is useless. 

I asked for Tier 2  Support and told "not possible"

I asked to speak with Supervisor "none available to come to the phone" 

I asked to speak to someone at a US Help Desk    "not possible".

Half Way through call, "disconnected" !

Great Service COMCAST !

Regular Contributor

Had almost the same thing happen to me the other day. First got one person at comcast and she said I needed another department and would put in through to them. When I finally got someone there, I couldn't understand one word she was saying so I asked to talk to someone who could speak English so I could understand. She said she couldn't do that. I said ok let me talk to a manager. None are here she said. Finally she said I needed a department that the very first woman said I needed and she would transferr me. She hung up on me. I got no place and still have the problem I called about. I was told by the first one it may cost $4.95 or $5.95 depending on the problems. I said ok. Well since no one could help and I got hung up on I now will be having a computer company out to fix the problem.  We pay for Comcast service and it sucks big time in my opinion and we are now looking for another provider. We have our cable, internet and phone through Comcast and is costly and they do NOTHING when there are problems. ONE time and I do mean ONE time, I got a person that knew what she was doing. The rest know nothing including the comcast techs on this post. Yes you are right; Some great service Comcast!!!!!!!!

New Visitor
Bslehofer

I am suddenly unable to access my comcast email account. I am using Firefox as my browser I am using the full Comcast version I have cleared my cache, deleted cookies and disabled add-ons. When I attempt to access my email I get an error message that basically says "connection has timed out". I have no problems accessing any other internet pages. I am able to access my email on the following: Chrome, my Kindle FireHD and my phone. However - I want to access it on my computer WHERE I ACCESS IT FOR WORK PURPOSES!!!!
Regular Visitor

I can't open mine either.  I am getting so disgusted with Comcast.

Contributor
brucearmstrong1

I have been unable to access my Comcast e-mail through either my Chrome or Firefox browser since mid-afternoon.

I am using Google Chrome  27.0.1453.94 m and Firefox 20.0.1.

I did clear the cache on both browers, to no effect.

Google Chrome gives me the following error message: "Oops! Google Chrome could not connec to wnamp.mail.comcast.net". It goes on to suggest that I try to reload wnamp.mail.comcast.net/istp/LandingPage.

Contributor
N_Faul

I tried to log-in to my Comcast e-mail but received the error message "That page cannot be displayed." I was given the option to check the connections for the problem but got the message "No problem with connectivity could be found." I ran CCleaner and rebooted the computer but the results were the same.

I had no such problem before today.

New Visitor
Kiaci

I am also unable to access my email on my PC. I can check it on my phone but doing so is inconvenient and slow to begin with. I am using Firefox as well but have tried it in Chrome with the same results. Would very much like to have this fixed ASAP.