New Visitor
LonSe

Can't open emails

HELLO, When I open my email window & then try to click on an email to open, it goes white screen with a small blue circle going round, and never opens.  What is way to be able to fix this & open my emails on xfinity comcast.  I've had problems with Xfinity ever since I signed up with them of  a variety of problems

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Can't open emails

Hello,

You have not provided us much of detail.

1. What os are you using?

2. What browser are you using?

3. Have you tried other browser and if so which one?

4. Have you tried to refresh your browser?

5. Have you tried to clear your browser cookies,cache and history files?

6. Have you reset your browser?

7. What email client if  any are you using?

8. What version of xfinity connect are you using?

9. What have you done to try to fix the problem?

10. Have you called comcast and reported this problem if so what did they tell you to do and did it work?

11. Have you searched the forum to see if other customers had the same issues and what did they do to solve the problem?

12. Have you tried as a work around m.comcast.net/m

The more detail information you provide the better someone will be able to help you.

Contributor
frustrated17

I still cannot open email.  Not for 5 days now.  why?  nothing has changed on my end.  something is wrong with coimcast or there would not be so many posts.  When are you going to fix it?  I can't get any help?  I'm ready to switch providers!

New Visitor
kurtright

I can't open email.  Goes to white screen with "loading" in left hand corner.  Nothing happens.

Email Expert
Latoque

kurtright wrote:

I can't open email.  Goes to white screen with "loading" in left hand corner.  Nothing happens.

First----what browser are you using?  Just to eliminate the browser as the problem, you need to clear out your browsing history, cache and cookies.

If that has no effect, try using a different browser.  If you are using IE now, try Chrome or Firefox.

Broken, expired or conflicting cookies are a frequent cause of strange problems like this.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
New Visitor
rittou367

I am having the same problem as the rest of them. My computer runs on Windows 7 Starter and uses internet explorer for the interwebs. I have cleared my browsing history and cookies with no results. I can log into my email and until this morning I was able to get to the overview page but not any emails or my actual inbox. Now that initial page won't even load at all. I've tried viewing the page in compatability mode and also double checked my security settings to make sure I didn't somehow accidentally put the page in my restricted sites list. I haven't been able to check my email since last Tuesday and I'm running out of options it seems.
Email Expert
Latoque

@ rittou367

Have you tried a different browser?  Try either Chrome or Firefox to see if you can duplicate the problem.  If it works OK, then you'll know there is something going on with IE.  If not, then you have at least eliminated the browser as the source of the problem.  Have you tried accessing your mail from another computer?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Email Expert
CCCarole

You could also try accessing your email through www.m.comcast.net.  Sign in and then go to the link. This is aver basic email program..

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
rittou367

I tried using mozilla on my desktop and I still couldn't open my email, but my boyfriend was able to open my inbox from his computer using mozilla. I thought it might be because of something in my home network, but I couldn't access it on my laptop at other people's houses, either. I also couldn't get www.m.comcast.net to load. :/
Email Expert
Latoque

[ Edited ]

Something I forgot to mention earlier-------until you get this situation resolved, go to Comcast Customer Central, open your account, and under "Users and Settings", you can set up your account to auto-forward any email for the Comcast address to another alternate address.  Do you have a Hotmail or Yahoo account?  gMail maybe?  I know you shouldn't have to do that, but it works nicely and at least you'll be getting your emails.  You may even decide that you like one of the others better anyway.

I always encourage everyone to have a minimum of two email accounts from different providers.  It comes in handy when stuff like this happens, or you have to recover your account from being hacked. 

There's one other thing I don't think anyone has mentioned------in Firefox-------do you have any add-ons, themes or other extensions in use?  If so, disable them one by one and then try again to open your email after each one.  Add-ons can cause strange problems too sometimes.

New Visitor
rittou367

I can't get Comcast Customer Central to load.

Email Expert
CCCarole

What is happening exactly?  Spinning icon? Blank page?  Are you signed in with the Primary?  Did you clear your browser cache?

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor
rittou367

If you mean the primary account, then no. I have cleared the browser cache. When I try to open my inbox or log into the Customer page you sent me to, I get a spinning icon. On the occasions where even the overview page of my email won't load all the way I get the box that usually previews email and all the headers, but the emails aren't in the preview box and nothing happens when I click on any links.

Regular Contributor

I'm at WORK and have been trying to open my home Comcast email for about two hours to no avail.  I either get the spinning blue "ring" that does nothing but spin, or it tells me email is not available at this time of the system is down. Sometimes I'll get to where I can see my messages, but when I click on one, it will not open up and I get the message that the email system is down. This has happened to me a few times lately when I try to open up my home email from work...very frustrating.

Visitor

Visitor
Stone-Harbor

Having problem with opening e-mails (view entire Inbox) from my Xfinity account. Blue wheeel just keeps spinning around. 

Email Expert
CCCarole

Stone-Harbor wrote:

Having problem with opening e-mails (view entire Inbox) from my Xfinity account. Blue wheeel just keeps spinning around. 

Which browser/version are you using please?

IF USING Internet Explorer Version 10 or Version11, you must enable Compatibility View.

To do:

Click on TOOLS on the browser toolbar, then click on COMPATIBILITY VIEW.

Close and re-open your browser.

Now try accessing your email.

Post back if that does NOT solve your problem please.

CC