Visitor
accuspec

Can't open my email inbox

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.

Do you use XfinityConnect? Yes

The Full or Lite version? Full

Do you use an email client? No Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Which browser/version do you use? IE 8 And- have you cleared your browser cache? Yes

Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X  - Vista

Details of the problem you are having.

I can log into my email but when I click on "View my entire inbox" i get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

When I check the properties for the inbox page it has the following URL:  javascript:deepLink(0);

Visitor

Re: Can't open my email inbox

Same problem - Use Xfinity Connect, Full version, No email client, Safari browser, Mac OS. I am having the same problem, with a Mac and using Safari. If I try on my Dell laptop, I can get into the full inbox, using IE, although it takes abit of time to get in.

New Visitor
DogMom57

I have the same problem - must be a comcast issue?  how can we get it fixed?  I know Comcast is one of those ones that dont like the customers to call for help....

Visitor
accuspec

I have called Comcast for help and they tell me that I need to pay for technical support. I didn't have this problem until Comcast recently upgraded my modem after they got me to commit to an additional two year contract! Why hasn't anyone from Comcast responded to this post?
Visitor

This began when we were upgraded to a 3.0 modem, from a 2.0. Doesn't seem to make sense. I tried the online chat to resolve this, but the tech was away form the chat for 30 minutes - I could not wait any longer, after having spent the previous 30 minutes explaining the problem. What's up Comcast?

Visitor
accuspec

I spoke with Comcast again today and after much frustration and aggravation asked to speak with a supervisor. She discovered some information that there is a problem with my new modem and that is supposedly what is causing the problem. She is shipping me a different of modem. We will see if that solves the problem. Stay tuned...
New Visitor

I am having the same problem...cannot open Comcast email with Safari.  I can open it with Mozilla (on our desktop...with Windows XP).  We also just had an upgraded modem istalled.

New Visitor
markus702

i also cannnnot   opem my email---i do nottt   have a new modem--nor can i change to "lite  connect"...........whats gives here!!!     comcast-U- need to figure this out .....................we willnott pay for a service that is not accessable!!

Visitor

Finally - Tech came out and replaced new modem with the old type of modem we had before - finally can get email on the MAC. Spent hours on the phone trying to get this resolved. Email also opens much faster now onthe PC laptop. Ask to replace new modem - it worked forus.

Contributor
MaCaGa

Comcast finally fixed this last week.  What happened is that the new modem has a built in wireless router.  The tech that installed it connnected my own personal router to it and it was interfering with the internal router. 

The tech that came out last week disconnected my router from the new modem and I am using the internal router for my personal wireless networking.  It is working fine now and seems to be faster too.  It took two months, several phone calls, talking to two supervisors and a manager, before they finally sent a tech to my house!  In the meantime, the first modem that they were supposed to ship never showed up and the second one was exactly the same as the first.  You can imagine how frustrated I was!!!  If I hadn't just signed a new 2 year contract with them, I would have canceled my service.

Contributor
MaCaGa

dmariem wrote:

Finally - Tech came out and replaced new modem with the old type of modem we had before - finally can get email on the MAC. Spent hours on the phone trying to get this resolved. Email also opens much faster now onthe PC laptop. Ask to replace new modem - it worked forus.

This is interesting.  I was told that they couldn't get anymore of the old modems!  They need to get their stories straight.

Visitor

Yes - was told the same thing in one of the many calls to resolve this issue. Finally, we got a tech to come out and no problem installing the older modem. Insist on a tech out to your location.

New Visitor

Spoiler

could preview but not open email.  Go to tools and uncheck Active X filter.  Good luck

Official Employee
cc_xc

Hello 

Thank you for your post. When you unchecked Active X filter in IE browser tools, were you then able to open emails, or are you still only able to preview only? Also, which IE version are you using?

Thanks and Regards,

CC_XC

Contributor
MaCaGa

Well it worked for a couple of weeks. Yesterday it started acting funny again. Today when I click on view entire inbox, it looks like it is going to connect but gets hung. I unchecked Active X filtering and it still will not work. Also on my iPad with the Xfinity connect app it will not allow me to delete from inbox. Has Comcast changed something again?
Official Employee
cc_xc

Hello MaCaGa,

Our Xfinity Mobile App team is working to resolve the issue with inability to delete email on ipad or iphone using mobile application. We expect to have this issue resolved shortly and thank you for your patience. 

After you unchecked Active X filtering did you clear the browser cache/cookie history? Also, could you try to use a different browser to verify if behavior is same: Safari, Firefox, or Chrome?

Regards,

CC_XC

Contributor
xt28

I have had this problem for several weeks. It began when I changed to the updated modem.   A tech came out and could not fix or find any information on this.  He said he had never heard of this problem.  I went to the comcast office today and the representative also said they had never heard of this issue.  It is my opinion that hey are not being truthful.  I don't know why they can't take responsibility for this.

I have started using Outlook instead of Comcast email. I am gathering information on other internet providers in my area.

Contributor

I think I have the same problem but only with my dektop running XP, I can preview my mail but not open the full inbox. Everything works fine on my Windows 7 laptop and my Windows 7 dektop.

It began when we switched to xfinity triple play and they chnaged the gateway from my Zoom to their Arris TG 862.  I called and they said to try the Lite version, I had already tried that on my own.  Then they said to try Google Chrome, I had already tried that as well as Firefox and Safari and none of them will open it either.

I'm not surprised that Comcast won't take ownership of this problem and correct it, they are never wrong.

Contributor
MaCaGa

I cleared the cache, tried other browsers,etc, it worked fora little while yesterday, but having same problem this morning. This is so frustrating! I have had problems since April.
Visitor
dankforever51

I was having issues connecting to the  internet. I upgrades to new modem was able to connect to internet but was unable to open my e-mails. First phonecall service rep stated he was getting same complaints but in the middle of conversation we were disconnected. No return call so I  called back and second rep denied the e-mail issues and stated it sounded like a computor issue and she was able to open up my e-mails. Third phone call was unalble to resolve issue so they recommended I have a service tech come to the house and I would be charged for teh service . Went today to Comcast office to bring back new modem and replaced  it with old modem. I  was able to connect to internet and open up emails.

New Visitor

I have Xfinity with windows. As of yesterday afternoon, I can't open my emails to read them. I can go in and see who they are from and the subject, but, I cant open anything. I can delete them unread.

Pat Strodtman

New Visitor

As of this morning, after 9:00 am something changed for Comcast as I can't open my emails and the Favorites is all change with many deleted titles along with subtitles.  How can I change back to old format, or why was this done and why was I not told about this.

accuspec wrote:

The Full or Lite version? Full

Do you use an email client? No Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Which browser/version do you use? IE 8 And- have you cleared your browser cache? Yes

Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X  - Vista

I can log into my email but when I click on "View my entire inbox" i get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

When I check the properties for the inbox page it has the following URL:  javascript:deepLink(0);

Bronze Star Contributor

I am XP home SP3, IE8 with all updates installed. For several days now I am having the same problem, cannot view the whole webmail inbox, preview only.  Not a really big deal for me as I use an email client. However, I cannot get to the spam folder in my web mail and every once in a while something important gets sent to the spam folder in error...so would really like to have access.

I have cleared my cache, unchecked active x, run scans, even had Microsoft "fix-it" take a look..nothing helps. When I try to see whole inbox IE8 gets hung. I haven't changed anything on my PC so have to believe that something is still being changed in Comcast web mail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Contributor

I am having problem opening my email box and I have a new modem.  I am going to take my new modem back to Comcast tomorrow and replace with my old modem.  I will post an update after doing so.

Contributor

Forgot to include following information:

The Full or Lite version? Full version did not work.  Lite Version is working

Do you use an email client? No  

Which browser/version do you use? IE 8  And- have you cleared your browser cache? Yes

Which operating system? XP

I can log into my email but when I click on "View my entire inbox" i get "Clocking on email page

New Visitor
reelnn

Haven't been able to open an email in 7 days, get a different story every time, nothing new I have been with comcast for 10 yeara. Yet on day 3 of the new email they cut off my interernet, phone and tv for a 63.00 balancae.  Paid the bill at thier office, still no answer except Maryland is having server problems.  I wish that I had a choice it wouldn't be comcast.

Contributor

Got another server from Comcast.  Still cannot read email in Full Version but can read it in Lite Version so this is better than nothing.  However, the Lite Version sucks.

Contributor

FINALLY found a Comcast Rep who help me.  I was told the my registry may need cleaning.  I did not really understand what the rep was talking about but it is data holding places that are part of the computer processor.  I went to cnet.com and did a search for ccleaner.  Make sure you review items under:  Internet Explorer, Window Explorer and System before you press enter for "Run Cleaner"

Hope this helps because this process SOLVED my problem for not being able to open my comcast email using Internet Explorer.

Contributor
cardinale1

Same issue switched to Comcast lite and I can open my emails with no problem, I was told that Comcast email is in Beta by one tech and its causing a lot of grief

New Visitor
rocky002

I cannot access my email on comcast and it is not downloading to my client either.  It says something about my highspeed internet, but I have highspeed internet.

Email Expert
CCCarole

If the error message says "you must have high speed Internet" you need to call 1-800comcast.  That error message indicates an Account problem that can be fixed by a Comcast Rep.

Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X

New Visitor

Please stop sending replies for can't open emails.  For 4 days I couldn't open my emails since Comcast was on a different format, but I signed in and now back to old format and works as it should.  ??? Why chnage format wothout my permission is beyond me.

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

If you don't want to receive notifications of new posts in a thread: At the top of the page, on the left side, click on Topic Options check unsubscribe.  The default setting for receiving notifications of new posts made in a thread is to send the notification.  This can be changed in My Settings.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor
capecasual

I can't open my Xfinity email inbox

Email Expert
CCCarole

capecasual wrote:

I can't open my Xfinity email inbox

This is an on going problem with XfinityConnect.  You should have seen many threads on this subject in this Forum.  Here are things you can try that may help..

Please try these in order and reply back with results ...

1) Try a different browser

2) On the browser with the issue, try clearing cache, cookies and temporary internet files

3) Reset browser to the default settings (backup favorites and bookmarks first)

In the meantime, these temporary workarounds should allow you to get into your mail inbox:

Lite version (html version): http://web.mail.comcast.net/h/search

Mobile version (barebones version): http://m.comcast.net

New Visitor
speeder052

Having a similar problem to above, not able to view email online. Account does download to Outlook though.  Using IE, Firefox or Chrome, continually get "Access requires Comcast High-Speed Internet" on all 3 browsers.

New Visitor
AnaC

I'm also having the same problem and have a very similar (perhaps identical) profile.  This is a brand new MacBook using Safari for accessing web mail. My husband's MacBook seems to be handling things fine - no changes.  These forums are truly a terrible method of customer support.  At this point, with all the problems we have had with comcast over the years we truly truly detest this miserable company but are stuck because they are the only cable provider for our area.

New Visitor
Denverite

Grrr... we haven't been able to log in to our email account via computer for 3 days. What's the deal? I have to access through my iphone. For the ridiculous monthly Comcast bill we get, I can't believe we are always dealing with issues.

Contributor

Will this ever be fixed?  Been over 3 weeks now

Contributor

Below is how I solved my problem:

FINALLY found a Comcast Rep who help me.  I was told the my registry may need cleaning.  I did not really understand what the rep was talking about but it is data holding places that are part of the computer processor.  I went to cnet.com and did a search for ccleaner.  Make sure you review items under:  Internet Explorer, Window Explorer and System before you press enter for "Run Cleaner"

Hope this helps because this process SOLVED my problem for not being able to open my comcast email using Internet Explorer.

New Visitor
RitaJohnson

Can't open my Email

New Visitor
linrod

Can't open email either.  New problem.  Able to open comcast but not individual emails.

Contributor
xt28

Turns out I had this problem because of some missed windows and java updates.  There was an issue that started last March and I had to correct that and then re-do all the updates that were unsuccessful.  Once I got all the updates plus the java update, my email started working again.

Contributor

I have the same problem, no new modem, Active X isn't checked, and can't get any answers either. I will no be paying for my internet portion of my bill if I can't use the entire service. I'm also getting many more spam emails than ever before.

Contributor

Mine wasn't checked to begin with, so that's not my answer!

Contributor

No new modem here, but can only preview also....for several days now. Thought it was because I was on an out of state wireless network of a relative. Here I am home, and still can't get there.

Contributor

I did those things and still can't get it, and no new modem here.

Contributor

Not on my Windows 7.....won't open!!!

Contributor

Same for me on all but the "Lite Version", if that works, how do I get to that?

New Visitor
cgskryp

I can't open up my email box - i can view my emails but can't open them