New Visitor
skeeterlee2012

Can't send emails but can receive on Mac

Cannot send out emails on Mac but can receive. Using smtp.comcast.net  Have tried port 587 and 465 with SSL on. I get a message that senders address is rejected by server smtp.comcast.net   

I can send and receive on Iphone with settings port 587 with SSL on, but not on main computer. Worked fine until setting up I Phone. I use secureserver to receive.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Can't send emails but can receive on Mac

Have you read the the information in this clickable link?

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/setting-up-email-for-a-mac

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
skeeterlee2012

When started over with a new account and tried to send email asked for password but kept saying password was incorrect and would not accept.

Official Employee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When started over with a new account and tried to send email asked for password but kept saying password was incorrect and would not accept.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you able to sign into Xfinity Connect (web version) with the same username and the password?

Thank you,
Sharath
Comcast Silicon Valley